Grand Canyon to Disneyland...

OFF TO WDW!

Mouseketeer
O.K., Here is my dilemma. our family is wondering how do we go from N.J. To Grand Canyon (not sure where to fly into), and then get from Grand Canyon to Disneyland?

We have two available days and know we won't be going out west so we want to consider this. Also, how far is the "Hoover Dam" and is out out of the way?

Is there a train that goes from Grand Canyon area to Anaheim?

Sorry for the confusion but wanted to get some opinions on the logistics of doing this and is it worth it for two days?

Thanks!

:)

I've been reading, and I think flying into Phoenix is closest,about a 3.5 hr drive to canyon- hoover dam is about 3.5 hrs west of GC- then Vegas another 40 minutes- and I believe theres a bus that runs from Vegas-Anaheim all the time think it's called Lux bus...hope this helps! so you could fly in,see GC- head west,and grab a bus or drive to Anaheim.....

Phoenix or Las Vegas will be your best bet to fly into to go to the GC. As far a trains go there is not one from the GC to Anaheim, but there is one from Flagstaff to LA which then you can connect to Anaheim it is an all night one though. Driving would be a better bet, quicker and usually cheaper. It's like a 8 hour drive I think. Hoover dam is not far from the GC you just go through Kingman off the I-40 and its not far from there. There is also buses that run from Flagstaff (Greyhound). For something else to do consider Flagstaff and some of the small towns along route 66. Also Sedona and Oak Creek is not far from the GC.

We're doing the same thing in August, just from Boston. We found that Southwest had really good rates to Phoenix, so we're flying there.

The only thing we're stuck on now is the rental car. The rates from the Phoenix airport are crazy because of the airport fees. We're not getting in until 6:00, which makes renting offsite a challenge. My advice if you want to rent a car is to arrive md-afternoon so you can rent from one of the offsite locations. Enterprise is about 10 minutes away in Tempe.

the car rental prices one way form PHX are pretty bad.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter