Grand Californian Super Thread

I am now considering booking a standard view - club level room at GCH. Are all of those rooms located on the 6th floor? What kind of view might we get with standard view. I'm really mostly concerned that our room is quiet - any suggestions are appreciated!

The front of the hotel on the 6th floor overlooking the parking lot is standard view. I do think all club standard rooms are on the 6th floor. Hubby sleeps with the TV on, so I couldn't tell you how loud or quiet the rooms are.

Hubby sleeps with the TV on, so I couldn't tell you how loud or quiet the rooms are.

this is unrelated to the Grand Californian but I just wanted to thank you for posting this!
I sleep with the TV on and my DH thinks I am the only person who does that!
So I feel vindicated and not quite so alone! Thank you!

this is unrelated to the Grand Californian but I just wanted to thank you for posting this!
I sleep with the TV on and my DH thinks I am the only person who does that!
So I feel vindicated and not quite so alone! Thank you!

Actually, it is, because there are TVs in the rooms and hubby uses it for "white noise". So, I couldn't say if the noise level was high.

To be honest, I find the Grand to be one of the louder hotels on property. I’ve only stayed there three times but each time I’ve found it to be louder then the Disneyland hotel. If you choose to stay at the grand I would be sure to get a room far from the common areas and elevators/stairs. In the morning and evenings there is a lot of traffic and the last time we were close to the big atrium and it was quite loud between that and DTD noise. It doesn’t bother me, but I notice it and it has bothered my kids in the past. I’ve even found the PP hotel to be quieter but the only time we stayed there we were on a high floor so that might have been why it was so quiet on that trip.

I'm really mostly concerned that our room is quiet - any suggestions are appreciated!
o be honest, I find the Grand to be one of the louder hotels on property
It's been one of the loudest hotels that I've ever stayed in. In the main building, there is loud music all day until around 10pm. I had a room there once and it was very loud inside the room. We only used the room for shower and sleep, so it didn't matter, but if we wanted to take a nap during the day, we would have had to move.

I've had downtown Disney view - very loud at night, of course.

I've had rooms by Goofy's rollercoaster - people screaming throughout the day.

I had a room in "one of the most quiet areas of the hotel" and happened to be next to a family that was always in there room with a young girl who was very loud and who like to run the hallway and go in and out the door to their room constantly.

I don't think I've ever had a quiet room at the Grand.

As an alternative perspective, I have found the GCH to be remarkably quiet in all (6) of my stays. I don't hear anyone in the hallway or next door. I also don't hear outside noise until I open the slider and then, of course, it can be quite loud depending on the room's location.

I stay in different hotels weekly an CGH is one of the quietest rooms I get to stay in...with one exception...if you right off the main lobby those rooms can resonate a lot of noise bit the rest of the interior rooms are amazingly quiet.

Wondering if anyone can help me out, How convenient are the laundry rooms? And can you bring your own detergent/fab softener? Thank you in advance.

First time at DL and the GCH this November. We have courtyard view booked. I’ve read a room near the Napa Rose elevators provides a preferable location and also think a view of the monorail would be cool. Any suggestions re room requests for the courtyard category? Thanks in advance.

First time at DL and the GCH this November. We have courtyard view booked. I’ve read a room near the Napa Rose elevators provides a preferable location and also think a view of the monorail would be cool. Any suggestions re room requests for the courtyard category? Thanks in advance.

All the Courtyard rooms have Monorail view...it runs right through the middle of the Courtyard.

We have a standard view booked for our upcoming trip. Prefer to be near the napa rose elevators, is that an option for standard? Had a courtyard view last time and it was a perfect location

Anyone know how to contact the Grand Californian. We stayed in August and they have put through a charge on my credit card despite us not charging to the room and I have no idea who or how to complain

We have a standard view booked for our upcoming trip. Prefer to be near the napa rose elevators, is that an option for standard? Had a courtyard view last time and it was a perfect location

Stand rooms overlook the front of the hotel...but I do know that they sell way more standard rooms than they have in inventory which is why many commonly get upgrades. There are zero guarantees, but putting in that request may up your chances of getting a Courtyard.

Is the viewing area for World of Color open to all guests or just those on the concierge level? I've heard varying reports from different websites. Thank you!

Is the viewing area for World of Color open to all guests or just those on the concierge level? I've heard varying reports from different websites. Thank you!
If you are talking about the patio on the 6th floor of the DVC wing, then my understanding it that it is open to all hotel guests. You do need a room key to get into that area, though. Honestly, the view from that patio is very off to the side, so if you can go into the park to view it, you will have a *much* better vantage point.

Thanks. My daughter won't stay up late enough for World of Color in the park, but I thought we might catch a glimpse from the patio. I appreciate the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter