Grand Californian Super Thread

Does anyone know if the hotel offers room service and, if so, when it begins? We're considering an early bfast in our room before rope dropping.
Room service is available 24 hours :goodvibes
The overnight menu (roughly Midnight to 6AM) is rather minimal.

Breakfast starts at roughly 6AM (sorry I don't recall the exact times).
Breakfast can be ordered with marking a menu and leaving on the door overnight.

Room service is available 24 hours :goodvibes
The overnight menu (roughly Midnight to 6AM) is rather minimal.

Breakfast starts at roughly 6AM (sorry I don't recall the exact times).
Breakfast can be ordered with marking a menu and leaving on the door overnight.
Thank you! Great info.

Is hopping through DCA to get to DL quicker than going through the front of the hotel and DTD?

It depends on the timing and the lines. We've opted to go through the hotel/DCA late afternoon and most times that has worked out really well. In the mornings (not early entry) to noon, we found that going through DTD was easier.

Side note, if I did the measurements on Google Map correctly, the distance looks roughly the same so it's really just a matter of how dense the crowds are.

we stayed at the villas a couple weeks ago and absolutely fell in love with them. I know they are sold out but is there a wait list you can get on with Disney or is the only option resale? If there is a wait list how long is it?

we stayed at the villas a couple weeks ago and absolutely fell in love with them. I know they are sold out but is there a wait list you can get on with Disney or is the only option resale? If there is a wait list how long is it?
You might get a better idea on the DVC Forums (particularly the Purchasing Forum). With that being said the typical response from guides is that the resort isn't accepting anyone for the waitlist; however, exceptions have been known to be made. Now a few things to consider is the premium buying direct is extremely high for VGC and the member benefits are very low for those who won't be going to WDW. DLR doesn't offer much in terms of discounts for DVC owners (other than dining/shopping).

I personally purchased resale (though I already owned a direct contract and will only be using the points at VGC so wasn't too concerned).

We have a 2 night stay coming up in October. The extra magic hour happens to be a California Adventure for both days we are there. We intend to take advantage of it one day but go to Disneyland the other day. If we have park hoppers is it better to cut through DCA (during the extra magic hour) to get to Disneyland for park opening?

We have a 2 night stay coming up in October. The extra magic hour happens to be a California Adventure for both days we are there. We intend to take advantage of it one day but go to Disneyland the other day. If we have park hoppers is it better to cut through DCA (during the extra magic hour) to get to Disneyland for park opening?

I would head out from GC via the Downtown Disney exit and walk directly to the Disneyland gates

If you aren't on the wait list you aren't getting it through Disney. Looking resale is really your only option. If you even were to get on a waitlist you will be waiting at least 10 years

If you aren't on the wait list you aren't getting it through Disney. Looking resale is really your only option. If you even were to get on a waitlist you will be waiting at least 10 years

Seriously? I'm so glad we bought our contracts direct when we did! Of all that we own I value my VGC points most above all others and we only live 25 minutes away!

Thanks for the timeline :) we are about two years from buying, but 10 is right out! Looks like it will be resale for us.

Depending on how early you get up and if you have maxpass... I would get up and scan into DCA and start booking your fastpasses, then exit the park and get in line for Disneyland. The DL lines will be long but you will be at an advantage as you can already be starting the timer on your first fastpass! 8-)

I am well versed in most things WDW, but have almost zero knowledge about Disneyland. A close friend is trying to get a reservation for the Grand Californian for specific dates in October 2019. All of my usual ways to find rooms are turning up nothing, including trying to book direct through the Disney website. Any tips or tricks on finding rooms there? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I am well versed in most things WDW, but have almost zero knowledge about Disneyland. A close friend is trying to get a reservation for the Grand Californian for specific dates in October 2019. All of my usual ways to find rooms are turning up nothing, including trying to book direct through the Disney website. Any tips or tricks on finding rooms there? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Keep checking. If the Disney website doesn't have availability then there likely isn't any, though the other option is to try and call. But cancellations happen all the time. I needed a particular room at PPH back in June and I just kept a tab open with the date query on my browser and checked several times a day. It took a couple days but I was eventually able to book what I needed.

What dates are they trying to get?

There is a large produce convention there the week leading up to the weekend of 10/18. I have been struggling to find a room for that weekend, but I finally got it by doing as OP said, looking every day. I had to get a more expensive view than I wanted, but I got it. I think booking with Disney directly is always the easiest. You just often have to be persistent.

If there are none through Disney directly there are not going to be any on third party sites either. While they do allow bookings through third parties they do not generally sell blocks or hold any back for those resellers that would not also be available by booking direct.

Now if they are holding rooms that they later release...that does happen but those would be available by booking direct as well.

Start by keeping an eye out on the Disney site...then IF there is availability you can then snoop around if a third party can access those cheaper. Except when I am booing though American Express Travel on points, I aways book direct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter