Grand Californian Super Thread

I think my wife and daughter will be some of the last, paying customers at the spa. They are getting in early next week before it closes.

Looks like the Craftsman Bar is opening next week and maybe as early as tomorrow. Looks super nice and I dig the menu.

What are the usual summer hours for the pools? The website doesn’t list any times, just that it’s dependent on the season and weather.

I just had a thought. Since this is a poolside bar, I’m wondering if it’ll only be accessible to hotel guests.

ETA: I stand corrected. WD NT is reporting that it’ll be open to non hotel guests. They also have the full menu posted.

Last edited:
The new pool bar looks great but I worry that it will add to the limited pool chair situation. I hope there’s a gate between the pool and the bar.

I’m so sad about this. There already wasn’t enough poolside seating for hotel guests. I guess Disney just wants you to reserve a cabana if you want to use the pool. We will have to stay somewhere else from now. ☹️
Lack of seating around the pool is why we never use it when we stay there. Was hoping to relax there this trip but looks like we will just chill in our room like we normally do.

In order to just relax in the pool area, you have to get a wrist band? Why can't we just use the room key? Ugh, that really isn't right. I looked at the pictures and thought to myself, wow, Disney is adding nice touches to GCH pool area that makes staying there a little bit easier to justify to the budget, but seeing that it is open to ANYONE, yikes! I do not like that one bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!