Grand Californian Super Thread

Not impressed at all with the 'fancy-schmancy' new menu. But what caught my attention is that the prices sure have been jacked up! I haven't eaten at WW in a few years, but I remember that the prices were MUCH more reasonable. Now it looks as though they're the same as Storytellers!

(PS, it's nice to see that Disney included the allergy friendly offerings on their menu page!!)

Agreed, they jacked up my burrito! Dang it. Used to be a good deal to go there! Now, not so much. I liked it being a good, quick, decent sized meal where everyone could find something they like. Bummer!

Loving the new menu at White Water snacks. We ended up eating here twice on our September trip (the day before it closed the second time) and absolutely nothing appealed to me on the menu at that time. This all sounds delicious!

Last edited:
I've search this thread and found a layout map in terms of room numbers, but is there a map anywhere that would allow me to know which rooms were Standard, Premium View, Woods View...etc.? Thank for any help as I try to surprise my husband with his "Dream" hotel.

Does the refurbed white water snacks still have the water (from pop machines), microwave and plates/cutlery available?

Eco friendly Refer with no freezer, ecofriendly shower head, ecofriendly paper plates, ecofriendly handsoap!

What has happened to this place?

Eco friendly Refer with no freezer, ecofriendly shower head, ecofriendly paper plates, ecofriendly handsoap!

What has happened to this place?

Yikes. So I'm guessing the shower won't have any kind of pressure I'm accustomed to. That's too bad as nice showers are one thing I really look forward to in expensive hotels.

Also, does anyone know which rooms the DD rooms are? I'm guessing standard. Do you think there is any hope for some pixie dust since I put that it was our Honeymoon and my wife's first trip to DL on the request form when I booked?

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me about the location of the Standard View rooms? We usually book the Woods/Courtyard View rooms and stay in the rooms above the Napa Rose. We love that area and have only ever stayed in those rooms. I really want to avoid long walks down long hallways. Plus, a friends son might be coming who has medical issues which cause considerable fatigue so I want to minimize his walking as well. Thank you!

Can anyone tell me about the location of the Standard View rooms? We usually book the Woods/Courtyard View rooms and stay in the rooms above the Napa Rose. We love that area and have only ever stayed in those rooms. I really want to avoid long walks down long hallways. Plus, a friends son might be coming who has medical issues which cause considerable fatigue so I want to minimize his walking as well. Thank you!

We booked a Standard View room, called and faxed a request for a room near Napa Rose elevator and received a nice Woods/Courtyard View overlooking Starbucks and with a Monorail view. It's worth a request and see what you get....

Edited to add, we were in room 415

Last edited:
Yikes. So I'm guessing the shower won't have any kind of pressure I'm accustomed to. That's too bad as nice showers are one thing I really look forward to in expensive hotels...
The renovation improved the showers, with a handheld and ceiling mounted rain shower head. The water flow is good (much better than my water savers at home), but not the massive water flow found in some hotels (Vegas comes to mind).
...Also, does anyone know which rooms the DD rooms are? I'm guessing standard. Do you think there is any hope for some pixie dust since I put that it was our Honeymoon and my wife's first trip to DL on the request form when I booked?
Dapper Day rooms are standard view. You might also want to request a King bed, but let the registration CM know which is more important (view or bed type).
Can anyone tell me about the location of the Standard View rooms? We usually book the Woods/Courtyard View rooms and stay in the rooms above the Napa Rose...
All the rooms at the front of the hotel are Standard View, but some are located in other areas (which do not match any upgraded types). Courtyard view look into the Brissa courtyard which the Monorail passes through. Woods view are any room that looks out at trees, often lower floors facing the park.

Free upgrades from Standard to Woods/Courtyard are quite common, based on many posts and my personal experience. Price difference is usually small, and discounts to upgraded views can sometimes make Woods/Courtyard cheaper than Standard.

Standard RED
Courtyard YELLOW
gch_standard.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter