Grand Californian Super Thread

HI,

we have stayed at GCH 5 years ago (it takes us a bit longer to get there from Australia) and we have booked to be back there for Halloween. We are staying for a week and leave in early November, do they put up the Christmas tree immediately after Halloween or is there a break between them with no theme?

We stayed at Christmas last time and it was truly magical!

HI,

we have stayed at GCH 5 years ago (it takes us a bit longer to get there from Australia) and we have booked to be back there for Halloween. We are staying for a week and leave in early November, do they put up the Christmas tree immediately after Halloween or is there a break between them with no theme?

We stayed at Christmas last time and it was truly magical!

I don't know when the tree goes up, but, I think it could be posted in the Christmas super thread. Have fun planning your trip!

No x-mas tree in early Nov. (been there at that time for the last few years.) Halloween decorations stick around for the first few days in Nov. Not sure, but I believe the tree goes up after (?) Thanksgiving (or close to it .)

On the DL website, it shows WW Snacks in refurb until Jan 18. Let's hope that's true because we arrive the 27th and it's been pushed back before.

Just talked to someone at the Grand and first they said the last week of January. Then put me on hold to check and said no date announced. I arrive the 29th so fingers crossed. Is it me or is WW not a hard refurb. What’s taking them.

Same here I arrive on the 29. White water is my familys favorite for breakfast and late night nachos!

Hope they open soon!

I'm glad WWS is open, but the menu changes? I wouldn't call that family friendly, or poolside food. Looks like they are down to one burger now (no chicken or carnitas), in favor of gourmet sandwiches instead.

And the "Artisan" pizzas survived (may have been tweaked a bit). Our kids just want pizza, not funky/blended cheeses. Bummer for us. Curious to see how it goes.

Were people complaining about the old menu? I never read any.

Not impressed at all with the 'fancy-schmancy' new menu. But what caught my attention is that the prices sure have been jacked up! I haven't eaten at WW in a few years, but I remember that the prices were MUCH more reasonable. Now it looks as though they're the same as Storytellers!

(PS, it's nice to see that Disney included the allergy friendly offerings on their menu page!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!