Grand Californian Super Thread

Also had a mix up, upon check in. I had cancelled one of my rooms, due to one of my DIS friends, Dawn/fairykin/ passing away. :sad1:(A few other ladies and I, had become very close to her the last couple of years.) The CM made mention of having another room under my name, stating Dawn's full name along with her mother's. I must have looked at him in shock, still feeling the mourning of her. Actually I was, and I needed a few seconds to think. He apologized over and over for his mistake, stating that I had cancelled it. Then I felt sorry for him. Poor thing.

That night, coming back to our room were 4 beautifully plated Mickey Rice Crispy treats with the "Grand Californian" written in chocolate, 4 big wine glasses of milk on ice, a bouquet of balloons and a wonderful note from the CM. :cloud9: It made us cry all over again.

That is the service you get from the Grand. :love:

Aw Mel I didn't hear about this on the trip. :hug: That must have been so shocking to hear at check-in. :sad2: How sweet of them to send the goodies to the room though. :)

yay-my first post!!!

Big thanks for all this info - it inspired me to cancel my booking with the Hyatt and have just booked a theme park view room at GCA instead! Actually only meant to book a standard view room but accidently selected a theme park room- DH won't be too happy but never mind- I wanted a theme park room a anyway- we are arriving on Sept 5th for 3 nights with our nearly 3 year old and a 14 month old- so so so excited to be staying at this hotel!!!

You are going to love the location with little ones!

We stayed at the villas in February on our DVC points. It was our first Grand Californian trip ever, and we loved it so much we have since added on points at VGC!

At the time of our stay, there was a list of activities going on (similar to what we experienced at AKV as well) with things such as a walking tour or DCA, crafts, scavenger hunt, etc. Does anyone know if these are only for DVC guests or hotel guests as well? We are thinking of a hotel stay at the end of May (since no DVC rooms are available), and having activities would be great, especially since my kids' APs are blacked out one of the days.

TIA!

We stayed at the villas in February on our DVC points. It was our first Grand Californian trip ever, and we loved it so much we have since added on points at VGC!

At the time of our stay, there was a list of activities going on (similar to what we experienced at AKV as well) with things such as a walking tour or DCA, crafts, scavenger hunt, etc. Does anyone know if these are only for DVC guests or hotel guests as well? We are thinking of a hotel stay at the end of May (since no DVC rooms are available), and having activities would be great, especially since my kids' APs are blacked out one of the days.

TIA!

I've heard of the tour but am not sure if it is still going on.

TIA!

They are also available for hotel guests.

thanks, everyone - we also think it will be great with the little ones.

Now I have read this entire thread ( it took a while!)and am still a little confused about the rooms. We have a theme park view room and I have seen rooms that overlook the pool and the park- these are the ones we would really like as that way Dh and I can take turns looking after the kids while they nap and the other person can go for a swim and be able to do the occasional wave up to the balcony !!

I also need a room close to the elevators as my nearly 3 year old won't manage a really long walk.

Any advise on what wing/room numbers to ask for ( I realise they are only a request but at least I will have tried!)

many thanks everyone

thanks, everyone - we also think it will be great with the little ones.

Now I have read this entire thread ( it took a while!)and am still a little confused about the rooms. We have a theme park view room and I have seen rooms that overlook the pool and the park- these are the ones we would really like as that way Dh and I can take turns looking after the kids while they nap and the other person can go for a swim and be able to do the occasional wave up to the balcony !!

I also need a room close to the elevators as my nearly 3 year old won't manage a really long walk.

Any advise on what wing/room numbers to ask for ( I realise they are only a request but at least I will have tried!)

many thanks everyone

If you read my post about the room that we had, 5220, you might like that one. It has a view overlooking the pool and the park behind that. The elevators are just around the corner on your left when you exit the room. Rooms in that general area might work for you.

This post includes all the maps of the Grand Californian as well as DTD. Also added areal photos showing the hotel itself as well as the park views.

2c754138.jpg

This is a closer look at the floor plan itself. Hopefully it will help out those who say the one above is difficult to read.
83ab917c.jpg

The Blue Prints from enfilm
4903090019_929481ddc9_o.jpg

1c68767b.jpg

551eb094.jpg

876a68a1.jpg

This is the floor-by-floor map of the new wing which highlights the Villas.
Courtesy of Nonsuch. Thank you!

5423b18c.jpg

261109ac.jpg

03ef9444.jpg

0ccf120e.jpg

dbfed379.jpg

8bb2d4c9.jpg

Here is all the information related to Villas at the Grand Californian.

Villas

One-Bedroom Villa

roomlayout_onebedroom.jpg

* Sleeps up to 5
* 2 bathrooms: one master bathroom with whirlpool tub and an additional bathroom in living area with shower (no tub)
* Master suite with king-size bed
* Queen-size sleeper sofa in the living room
* Pull-down bunk-size bed in living room
* Flat-panel TV in living room and master suite, DVD player in living room
* Full kitchen includes: coffeemaker, dinnerware, glassware, flatware, pots and pans, microwave, toaster, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and more
* Laundry area contains stacked washer and dryer
* Private porch or balcony
*865 sq ft

Two-Bedroom Dedicated Villa

roomlayout_twobedroom.jpg

* Sleeps up to 9
* 3 bathrooms: master bathroom with whirlpool tub, full bathroom in second bedroom, additional bathroom in living area with shower (no tub)
* Master bedroom with king-size bed
* Second bedroom with 2 queen-size beds
* Flat-panel TV in living room and both bedrooms, DVD player in living room
* Full kitchen includes: coffeemaker, dinnerware, glassware, flatware, pots and pans, microwave, toaster, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and more
*1257 sq ft

Two-Bedroom Lockoff Villa

roomlayout_twobedroomlockoff.jpg

* Sleeps up to 9
* 3 bathrooms: master bathroom with whirlpool tub, full bathroom in second bedroom (studio) and an additional bathroom in living area with shower (no tub)
* Defined as a Studio plus One-Bedroom
* Master suite with king-size bed
* Second bedroom (studio) with queen-size bed and one queen-size sleeper sofa
* Flat-panel TV in living room, master suite and second bedroom (studio), DVD player in living room and second bedroom (studio)
* Second bedroom (studio) includes wet bar, small refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker
* 2 private porches or balconies

Three-Bedroom Grand Villa (2-Stories)

roomlayout_threebedroomgrandvilla.jpg

* Sleeps up to 12
* 4 bathrooms: master bathroom with whirlpool tub, full bathrooms in second and third bedrooms, additional bathroom in living area with shower (no tub)

Downstairs:

* Main entrance
* Master bedroom suite with king-size bed
* Queen-size sleeper sofa in living room
* Flat-panel TV in each bedroom and the living room and DVD player in the living room
* Flat-panel TV and DVD player
* Dining room with dining table and chairs
* Private balcony
*2426 sq ft

Upstairs

* Second entrance
* 2 queen-size beds in both the second and third bedrooms
* One full-size sleeper sofa and a pool table located in the upstairs sitting area

*Floor plans and furnishings are subject to change. Actual room size may vary slightly depending on room location.

Here is all the information on the Suites at the Grand.

Suites

Mt. Whitney Presidential Suite

The largest of our Presidential Suites, the Mt. Whitney Suite raises the bar for what a business suite should be. Complete with private office and separate meeting area, the Mt. Whitney is the ultimate in both luxury and comfort. Our Concierge Level services put this suite on an elevation of its own.
Mt. Whitney Suite Services & Amenities

View of Disney's California Adventure® park and hotel pools
Space to entertain 75 attendees
Dining table and living room intimate meetings and reception
Separate area with table to host six people for a meeting or dining experience
Service Pantry
Private office with writing desk equipped with a two-line speakerphone and computer/fax-accessible data port
CD Player and VCR
2 fireplaces
King bed in guest room
Pull-out sofa in living room
Connecting Queen/Queen guest room available
Concierge Level service and amenities
DGCH-FP-MtWhitneyPresSuite.gif

Specifications:

Room 6012
1,990 square feet

El Capitan Presidential Suite

The El Capitan Presidential Suite offers you a unique combination of style, comfort and space. Whether you're relaxing after a day of meetings, hosting an intimate meeting, or entertaining 75 attendees, the El Capitan Suite will meet all your needs. With its private office, ample amenities, and Concierge Level service, the El Capitan is the perfect suite for all your business needs.
El Capitan Presidential Suite Services & Amenities

View of Disney's California Adventure® park
Space to entertain 75 attendees
Dining table and living room intimate meetings and reception
Service Pantry
Private office with writing desk equipped with two-line speakerphone and computer/fax-accessible data port
CD Player and VCR
Fireplace
King bed in guest room
Pull-out sofa bed in living room area
DGCH-FP-ElCapitanPresSuite.gif

Specifications:

Room 6329
1,987 square feet

Arcadia Vice Presidential Suite

Amenities abound in our Vice Presidential Suites. Add to that our Concierge Level services and the Arcadia Suite offers the perfect setting to host an intimate meeting or entertain 50 colleagues before heading out for a night of fun at the Disneyland® Resort theme parks, or the Downtown Disney® District.

View of Disney's California Adventure® park and hotel pools
Space to entertain 50 attendees
Dining table and living room intimate meetings and receptions
Service Pantry
Writing desk equipped with two-line speakerphone and computer-accessible data port
Fax Machine Service
CD Player and VCR
Fireplace
King bed in guest room

DGCH-FP-ArcadiaVPSuite.gif

Specifications:

Room 6314
1,719 square feet

Arroyo Suite

The Arts & Crafts style and turn-of-the-century feel combined with modern-day amenities, makes the Arroyo Vice Presidential Suite an ideal space to host both intimate meetings and receptions for up to 50 attendees.

Service Pantry
Writing desk equipped with two-line speakerphone and computer-accessible data port
Fax Machine
CD Player and VCR
Fireplace
King bed in guest room
Connecting via a foyer to an adjacent King Artisan Suite

DGCH-FP-ArroyoSuite.gif

Specifications:

Room 4359
1,604 square feet

Arroyo Suite

The Arts & Crafts style and turn-of-the-century feel combined with modern-day amenities, makes the Arroyo Vice Presidential Suite an ideal space to host both intimate meetings and receptions for up to 50 attendees.

Service Pantry
Fax Machine
CD Player and VCR
Fireplace
King bed in guest room
Connecting via a foyer to an adjacent King Artisan Suite

DGCH-FP-ArroyoSuite.gif

Specifications:

Room 4359
1,604 square feet

Artisan Queen/Queen Suites

The Artisan Queen/Queen Suites are tailor-made for your intimate meeting or reception. Spacious enough to host 25 attendees, this Artisan Suite has two posh queen beds to help you get refreshed before heading out to enjoy the Disneyland® Resort's world-famous nightlife.

Space to entertain 25 attendees
Writing desk equipped with two-line speakerphone and computer/fax-accessible data port
Wet Bar
Two queen beds in guest room
Pull-out sofa bed in living room
Connecting guest rooms available

DGCH-FP-ArtisanQueenSuite.gif

Specifications:

694 square feet
(12 rooms)

Artisan King/King A Suite

With a plush king-size bed and space enough to entertain 35 attendees, this Artisan King A Suite will make any attendee feel like royalty.

View of Disney's California Adventure® park, Downtown Disney® District, hotel pools, or courtyard
Space to entertain 35 attendees
Writing desk equipped with two-line speakerphone and computer/fax-accessible data port
Wet Bar
King bed in guest room

DGCH-FP-ArtisanKingSuite.gif

Specifications:

711 square feet
(15 rooms)

1-Bedroom Artisan Suite (sleeps up to 6 guests) - offers either 1 King Bed in the bedroom with a Queen Sofa Sleeper in the living area, or 2 Queen Beds in the bedroom with a Queen Sleeper Sofa in the living area. A DVD player and refrigerator are standard in these rooms.
2-Bedroom Artisan Suite (sleeps up to 10 guests) - features either 1 King Bed in the master bedroom with 2 Queen Beds in the second bedroom and a Queen Sleeper Sofa in the living area, or 2 Queen Beds in each bedroom with a Queen Sleeper Sofa in the living area. The suite also includes 2 Bathrooms, a refrigerator, and a DVD player.
3-Bedroom Artisan Suite (sleeps up to 12 guests) - offers either 1 King Bed in the first and second bedrooms with 2 Queen Beds in the third bedroom and a Queen Sleeper Sofa in the living area, or 1 King Bed in the first bedroom with 2 Queen Beds in the second and third bedrooms and a Queen Sofa Sleeper in the living area. All 3-Bedroom Suites feature 3 Bathrooms, a refrigerator and a DVD player.

Artisan King/King B Suite

A generous array of amenities, plus our Concierge Level service that has established us as a premiere Four Diamond award-winning hotel, makes the Artisan King B Suites without equal in comfort and style.

View of Disney's California Adventure® park, Downtown Disney® District, hotel pools, or courtyard
Wet Bar
King bed in guest room

DGCH-FP-ArtisanKingSuiteB.gif

Specifications:

714 square feet
(4 rooms)

1-Bedroom Artisan Suite (sleeps up to 6 guests) - offers either 1 King Bed in the bedroom with a Queen Sofa Sleeper in the living area, or 2 Queen Beds in the bedroom with a Queen Sleeper Sofa in the living area. A DVD player and refrigerator are standard in these rooms.
2-Bedroom Artisan Suite (sleeps up to 10 guests) - features either 1 King Bed in the master bedroom with 2 Queen Beds in the second bedroom and a Queen Sleeper Sofa in the living area, or 2 Queen Beds in each bedroom with a Queen Sleeper Sofa in the living area. The suite also includes 2 Bathrooms, a refrigerator, and a DVD player.
3-Bedroom Artisan Suite (sleeps up to 12 guests) - offers either 1 King Bed in the first and second bedrooms with 2 Queen Beds in the third bedroom and a Queen Sleeper Sofa in the living area, or 1 King Bed in the first bedroom with 2 Queen Beds in the second and third bedrooms and a Queen Sofa Sleeper in the living area. All 3-Bedroom Suites feature 3 Bathrooms, a refrigerator and a DVD player.

Artisan King/King C Suite

The largest of our well-appointed Artisan Suites, the Artisan King C Suite is perfect for intimate to mid-size meetings. The array of amenities and Disney touches make the Artisan King C Suite fit for royalty.

Wet Bar
King bed in guest room

DGCH-FP-ArtisanKingSuiteC.gif

Specifications:

793 square feet
(3 rooms)

Here is all the information concerning the Studios and Standard Rooms at the Grand.

Standard Room/Studio

The classic Arts & Crafts design, abundant amenities and spectacular views make our standard rooms feel like a luxury suite.

Standard Guest Room Services & Amenities
Free WiFi Internet
Views of Disney's California Adventure® park, Downtown Disney® District, hotel pool areas, or Brisa Courtyard
Writing desk equipped with two-line telephone with computer/fax-accessible data port
Balconies
Spacious King-size bed or two queen-size beds. Rooms with a King bed include a sofa bed. Rooms with two queen beds include a sofa bed or bunk beds.
In-room safe
Lighted wardrobe
Mini Bar
Coffee maker
Robes
Connecting rooms available

Guest Room Bathroom Amenities

Italian marble double vanity
Abundance of vanity storage space
Make-up mirror
Hairdryer
Plush towels
Assortment of guest amenities

DGCH-FP-StandardRoom.gif

Specifications:

353 square feet
(713 rooms)

City/Standard View Room (sleeps up to 5 guests*) - features a view of Disneyland Drive, the garden, or the convention center. Available bedding options include either 1 King Bed with a Queen Sleeper Sofa, 2 Queen Beds, 2 Queen Beds with a Daybed, or 1 Queen Bed with a Junior Bunk Bed (bunk bed includes a trundle bed for fifth guest; trundle bed is recommended for guests no taller than 5 ft. and under 90 lbs). Standard Room Floor Plan
Downtown Disney® View Room (sleeps up to 5 guests*) - features a view of the Downtown Disney® District. Available bedding options include either 1 King Bed with a Queen Sleeper Sofa, 2 Queen Beds, 2 Queen Beds with a Daybed, or 1 Queen Bed with a Junior Bunk Bed (bunk bed includes a trundle bed for fifth guest; trundle bed is recommended for guests no taller than 5 ft. and under 90 lbs).
Theme Park View Room (sleeps up to 5 guests*) - features a view of Disney's California Adventure® park, or the park and the resort pool area. Available bedding options include either 1 King Bed with a Queen Sleeper Sofa, 2 Queen Beds, 2 Queen Beds with a Daybed, or 1 Queen Bed with a Junior Bunk Bed (bunk bed includes a trundle bed for fifth guest; trundle bed is recommended for guests no taller than 5 ft. and under 90 lbs).

* 5th Guest may require a sleeping bag provided by the hotel

Studio

roomlayout_studio.jpg

* Sleeps up to 4
* Full bathroom
* Queen-size bed and one queen-size sleeper sofa
* Flat-panel TV and DVD player
* Wet bar, small refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker

Everything we have so far on dining can be found here..

Dining:

Delightful dining choices for your attendees include signature dishes at the award-winning Napa Rose Restaurant and Lounge, with the largest collection of certified in-house sommeliers in Orange County, and tempting cuisine at Storytellers Café, where the restaurant's architecture and dramatic murals depict famous moments in California's literature. Relaxation for your meeting guests is almost guaranteed at Hearthstone Lounge and in the hotel's lobby, filled with soft piano music.

Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa Dining Options:

Napa Rose
Fine Dining
Delight in specialty dishes and seasonal creations celebrating California's legendary Napa Valley as well as the Disneyland® Resort's largest selection of California's award-winning wines cellar.

Storytellers Café
Casual Dining
At Storytellers Café, fresh and delicious American "Home-Style Favorites" are served in an atmosphere that evokes the golden age of storytelling.

Hearthstone Lounge
Gathering Place
The ideal place to unwind, this inviting retreat features specialty coffees and fresh bakery goods in the morning and cocktails in the evening. Surrounded by handcrafted art, rich redwood and stained glass fixtures, Hearthstone Lounge is the perfect place for an informal gathering.

Napa Rose Lounge
Gathering Place
The Napa Rose Lounge is the perfect place to take time out. Relax in a cozy chair alongside the beautiful fireplace and enjoy a glass of outstanding Californian wine. There's full-menu service in the lounge, and outside, the terrace offers a spectacular view of Disney's California Adventure® park.

White Water Snacks
Casual Dining
Your meeting attendees can indulge in some tasty favorites at the hotel's most casual dining spot. Enjoy a selection of burgers, sandwiches, salads, snacks and other refreshments.

Breakfast with Chip 'n Dale at Storytellers Café
Character Meal
Join us for a delicious buffet breakfast and the hilarious antics of those mischievous chipmunks, Chip & Dale. Music, photo opportunities, an ala carte breakfast menu and a Farmers Market Buffet are all part of this fun-filled dining experience. Open daily.

Absolutely Everything about the hotel construction and who built it can be found here..

Hotel Specifications:

Disney's Grand Californian Hotel
Anaheim, Calif.
Urban Design Group

The People

Owner
Walt Disney Imagineering

Architect
Urban Design Group, Inc.
1621 18th Street, Suite 200
Denver, Colorado 80202
Tel: 303.292.3388
Fax: 303.292.3113
www.urbandesigngroup.com

Principal-in-Charge:
Peter Dominick, Jr., FAIA

Managing Principal:
Ronald D. Armstrong, AIA

Principal/Sr. Designer:
E. Randal Johnson, AIA

Project Designer:
James Dee Rendon

Project Manager:
Randy Hart

Other Team Members:
Tracy Hart, Ken Last, Kent Sanford, T.J. Carvis, Jen Nieman, Andrea Huddleston, Martha Rooney

Architect of Record:
Urban Design Group, Inc.

Interior Designer
Brayton-Hughes

Engineer(s)
Civil/Site:
PENCO Engineering

Structural:
KL&A of California, Inc.

Structural (Peer):
Brandow & Johnston

MEP&FP:
ABS Consultants, Inc.

Consulant(s)
Landscape:
Roy Ashley & Associates

Lighting:
Lighting Design Alliance

Acoustical:
Sonics EDS

Restaurant:
Dorf Associates

Pool/Water:
STO Design Group, Inc.

Art:
Parker Blake, Inc.

Graphics:
Communication Arts

Roofing:
D7 Consulting, Inc.

Food:
Thomas Ricca Associates

Vertical Transportation:
Lerch, Bates & Associates, Inc.

Life Safety/Code:
Rolf Jensen & Associates

General Contractor
Turner Construction Company

Photographer
Photography supplied by Disney

Renderer
Bob Scholten

The Products

Structural system
Post tension concrete & steel

Exterior Cladding
Masonry:
SAS

Metal/glass curtainwall:
Wood Bridge, Bomel,
Golden State Hammer & Gr Plume, Oregon Log

EIFS, ACM, or other:
KHS&S

Roofing
Built-up roofing:
Alliance

Windows
Aluminum:
Wood Bridge

Glazing
Glass:
Wood Bridge

Skylights:
Wood Bridge

Doors
Metal doors:
Wood Bridge

Wood doors:
ISEC, Art of Glass (stain glass insert)

Sliding doors:
ISEC

Fire-control doors, security grilles:
Cookson

Hardware
Locksets:
ISEC, Timelox, Schlage www.schlagelock.com

Hinges:
Stanley www.stanleyworks.com

Closers:
Rixsom, Norton

Exit devices:
Von Duprin www.vonduprin.com

Pulls:
Custom - Sun Belt Metal

Security devices:
Mag Lock

Interiosr/Furnishings
Movable partitions:
Hufcor

Cabinetwork and custom woodwork:
Ebinisterie Beaubois LTEE, ISEC, CBI, ISI, CID

Paints and stains:
Techno Coatings, General Coatings

Wallcoverings:
Techno Coatings, General Coatings

Paneling:
Ebinisterie Beaubois LTEE, CBI

Plastic laminate:
ISEC

Special surfacing:
Penwall, Rock and Water Scape

Floor and wall tile:
Kiback Tile (Atrium Lobby & exterior wall), Sullivan Tile Installers

Resilient flooring:
Milliken www.milliken.com

Raised flooring:
Wood– M.S. Rouse Company
FRP– Penwall

Lighting
Interior ambient lighting:
Sasco, Troy Lighting, Eric Industries

Downlights:
Sasco

Task lighting:
Sasco

Exterior:
Sasco, Eric Industries, Light Forms

Controls:
Sasco

Conveyance
Otis www.otis.com

Miscellaneous Hotel Info will be here

Address:
1600 S. Disneyland Drive
Anaheim, CA 92802
Phone: 714-635-2300

Check In/Check Out
3:00 PM / 11:00 AM

Ratings:
Mobil: 4 Star
AAA: 4 Diamond

Random Helpful Info
Max Guests Per Room (City/Standard View Room) ----> 5**
Max Guests Per Room (Downtown Disney® View Room) ----> 5**
Max Guests Per Room (Theme Park View Room) ----> 5**
Max Guests Per Room (1-Bedroom Artisan Suite) ----> 6
Max Guests Per Room (2-Bedroom Artisan Suite) ----> 10
Max Guests Per Room (3-Bedroom Artisan Suite) ----> 12
Theme Park Transportation
(theme parks are within walking distance of the hotel; a private entrance to Disney's California Adventure® park is featured at this hotel; round-trip monorail transportation from the Downtown Disney® District to the Disneyland® park is also included; express monorail boarding pass valid for the return trip from the Disneyland® park to the Downtown Disney® District is included for hotel guests.) ----> Yes
Crib ----> Yes
Concierge (additional fee applies) ----> Yes
Continental Breakfast (concierge rooms only) ----> Yes
Kids Eat Free ----> No
Gym / Health Club ----> Yes
Laundromat ----> Fee
Lounge(s) / Bar(s) ----> Yes
Microwave ----> No
Parking Fee
*(fee waived with Resort Magic Package) ----> Yes
Refrigerator (upon request for rooms other than suites) ----> Yes
Restaurant(s) ----> Yes
Rollaway Bed (sleeping bag) ----> Yes
Room Service ----> Fee
Shop(s) ----> Yes
Swimming Pool(s) ----> 3
Spa(s) ----> Yes

Pinocchio's Workshop

This activity center is available to guests staying at the three Disneyland Resort hotels.

Hours: 5pm - 12am
Ages: 5-12 years old
Cost: $13.00 per hour, per child
Dinner (optional): $5.00

Pinocchio's Workshop has playstation games, board games, computer games, arts and crafts, books, puzzles, and Disney DVDs.

The Cast Member staff takes a family picture when the children are dropped off, and give parents a pager in case their child should need them before they return.

Reservations must be made through the Grand Californian Guest Services before dropping your child(ren) off, since only a certain number of children are allowed.

Fire Specifications For Hotel Events can be found HERE

The Grocery Order Form for the Grand can be found HERE

Weekly Grand Adventures
d9516e8a.jpg

b51fd2de.jpg

The Grand News
41e049f3.jpg

3fe5bf13.jpg

GroceryList_GrandCalifornian.pdf

Misc. Hotel Distance Info:

For those who are looking for how far the walks are from GC and other hotels to the park.
Courtesy of CrazyDuck Thank you!

Code:
		[B]DL[/B]	[B]DCA[/B]	[B]DD-UVA[/B]
[B]BWPPI[/B]		1100	1300	2500
[B]GCH - Closest[/B]	1300¹	200	300	
[B]GCH - Average[/B]	1600	600	700	
[B]GCH - Furthest[/B]	1900	1000²	800	
[B]HOJO[/B]		2500	2600	3800

¹ 600 feet If you are just going to the park, but it will be a long way back
² 800 feet if you cut through the pool near White Water Snacks
*All Distances +-50 Feet... I round up or down!

All the info about entrances to the hotel and parks will be found here

Entrances:

There is an entrance to DTD in between rooms X447 and X449 on the map. This is a stair fire escape and cannot be used to enter the hotel, only exit.

Private Entrance

One of the greatest perks the Grand Californian has that no other hotel has is the private entrance to California Adventure itself directly from the hotel.
This map has a red circle around where the private entrance is located.
2c754138.jpg

General Entrance info:
1. This is only an advantage if you are in a specific wing/area (see the map for details). Otherwise, your quickest route is through the hotel lobby exit to DTD.

2. This exit is via a staircase, so would not be an option if using a wheelchair or ECV.

3. You can't re-enter the hotel from DTD using this exit; you will have to use the entrance via the GCH lobby.

4. If you have a room that is quick access for this exit, you are VERY FAR from the lobby/entrance (it's almost at the entrance to DTD - between WOD and La Brea).

Room info and services can be found here as well as grocery delivery.

Room information:
"There are ~751 guestrooms at the Grand Californian, including 38 suites. There are two Presidential and two Vice-Presidential suites. The standard rooms have either two queen beds, a king bed, or one queen bed with bunk beds. Amenities include iron/ironing board, mini-bars, in-room safes, hairdryers, coffeemaker and bathrobes. The entire resort is non-smoking."

Concierge Service - Treat yourself to the finest combination of prestige and convenience with Disney's Concierge Services. Enjoy priority check-in, a breakfast bar, twilight wine and cheese reception, sodas and fresh fruit throughout the afternoon, daily newspapers, and complimentary DVD check-out, all tended by a very pleasant staff. In addition, children will enjoy a storytelling session in the evening hosted in the concierge lounge. There is an additional charge for concierge level rooms should you choose to upgrade your Disneyland® Resort Magic Vacation Package! Ask one of our Authorized Disney Travel Planners for details.

Room Services

Rooms not booked with DVC points will be fully serviced (restock on shampoo, conditioner, etc..., replaced dirty towels, turn down service). Rooms booked with DVC points will get new towels and trash taken out every 4 days and full service every week.

Laundry and Dry Cleaning Price Sheet
85a6578c.jpg

Grocery delivery

Local grocery stores such as Vons and Safeway will deliver groceries that you ordered to the hotel usually for a minimum purchase amount. For example, Vons will deliver for a $50 minimum purchase.

Grand Californian Sold Out
Disney Vacation Club has released a statement indicating that points for the Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel are officially "sold out." Direct purchases through DVC may still be possible but prospective buyers may have to go on a waiting list and pricing is likely to be adjusted. Press release follows.

The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel Sells Out of Available Inventory

CELEBRATION, Fla. (October 20, 2010) – Today, Disney Vacation Club announced that one of its newest resorts, The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel, recently sold out of all available vacation ownership inventory. The 50 two-bedroom equivalent villas mark Disney Vacation Club’s first venture to the West Coast and the Disneyland Resort.

“We are very pleased with the success of our first West Coast resort,” said Disney Vacation Club President Jim Lewis. “Families have enjoyed visiting the Disneyland Resort for decades and Disney Vacation Club members who own at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel will enjoy the savings for decades to come.”

The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa opened in September 2009 as the first stage of Disney Vacation Club’s westward expansion. Designed as part of an expansion of the existing hotel, the villas complement the original California Arts & Crafts architecture, while offering members and guests a variety of Disney Vacation Club amenities, such as kitchens, living and dining areas, and other home-like amenities.

Located just steps from Disney California Adventure Park, many of the villas overlook the transformation of the theme park. Beyond the debut of “Summer Nightastic” and “World of Color” this summer, Disney California Adventure Park is poised to premiere The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure in 2011. Additionally, summer 2012 is scheduled to bring even more excitement to the theme park with a new front entryway greeting park guests and the opening of Cars Land, a 12-acre expansion inspired by the Disney-Pixar blockbuster “Cars.” Disney Vacation Club members and guests who visit Disney California Adventure Park will be able to experience these exciting changes firsthand over the coming years.

Though sales at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa have ended, Disney Vacation Club still offers inventory at four other properties, including Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina, Hawai‘i, which began sales in July. Located on the island of O‘ahu, phase one of Aulani is scheduled to open on August 29, 2011 and to offer families a large variety of water activities, excursions, restaurants, spa experiences and more. Disney Vacation Club also offers some East Coast inventory at Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort, all located at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

Disney Vacation Club revolutionized the timeshare industry when it debuted in October 1991 by offering a flexible, vacation point-based model versus the traditional fixed-week timeshare model. Nearly 20 years later, more than 450,000 individual members from approximately 100 countries and all 50 states have secured decades of quality Disney vacations at today’s prices through a Disney Vacation Club membership. Inspired by guests who return to Disney resorts and theme parks year after year, Disney Vacation Club is one of the most successful and highly rated vacation-ownership programs in the timeshare industry. Members can enjoy a wide variety of quality vacation experiences rooted in the Disney tradition while offering the freedom to tailor vacations to each guest’s interests and personal needs.

The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

The newest addition to the Disneyland Resort Hotel options and a Disney Vacation Club property, The Villa’s at Disney’s Grand California Hotel and Spa offers all the comfort of home including Private Balconies, Full Kitchens, and Washers & Dryers. Studios, One-Bedroom, Two-Bedroom Villa’s and Three-Bedroom Grand Villas that can sleep up to 12 (Grand Villa). Reservations can not be made online and can be reserved by contacting your Travel Agent.​

DVC Points Chart​

3401c9ca.jpg

60ed8153.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter