Grand Californian Super Thread Updated 11/7/13

• Nonsuch

DIS Veteran
    Has anyone stayed club level recently? How was the offerings? Any pictures and do you feel it is worth the cost?
    Visited last month. Offerings are generally unchanged since the conversion to the Veranda. Sorry, no pictures.

Veranda opens at 6:00AM (was always 6:30), a recent change.
    I was told this while checking in, but did not actually visit that early (printed schedules still show 6:30).

azdisneylover

DIS Veteran
    Visited last month. Offerings are generally unchanged since the conversion to the Veranda. Sorry, no pictures.

Veranda opens at 6:00AM (was always 6:30), a recent change.
    I was told this while checking in, but did not actually visit that early (printed schedules still show 6:30).
    Thanks! It is good to hear they open now at 6am. I wonder if this is just for the 'busy' season.

chimo2u

DIS Veteran
    Has anyone stayed club level recently? How was the offerings? Any pictures and do you feel it is worth the cost?
    We are excited to be trying GCH Premium View CL room in September. We started out at GCH then moved to DLH, then moved back to GCH when the small discount came out for September 😊 first time back to DL in 30 years, excited to see all the changes

Tbone17701

Disney Dreamer
    Anyone happen to know the dimensions of the day beds and how comfortable they would be for a 5’2” adult? Are we talking a cot-like experience or more like an actual bed?

• StarlitNight05

DIS Veteran
    Do they still offer free coffee to GCH guests (with a hotel key card) at Craftsman Grill? I know they used to when it was White Water Snacks, but not sure if that has changed.

• Dr.Mickey

DIS Veteran
    A question I can’t find the answer to in this thread, or even with a search: Does anyone have a DGC property map that shows where the DVC rooms are located? Or are they mixed in throughout the property? Thanks!

sgrap

DIS Veteran
    A question I can’t find the answer to in this thread, or even with a search: Does anyone have a DGC property map that shows where the DVC rooms are located? Or are they mixed in throughout the property? Thanks!
    They are in their own separate wing. If you go to the DVC section of Disboards, there is a VGC thread. Hopefilly this link will work. There's info and links on the first post. https://www.disboards.com/threads/villas-at-disneys-grand-californian-room-views.2906031/

sgrap

DIS Veteran
    I made this for someone who asked how to get from the DVC wing to DCA and Disneyland. The wing where the lines start, just above the words "Lobby Level Map," is the DVC wing. Red line is to the direct entrance from GCH into DCA, blue line is to Downtown Disney which accesses both parks.

Attachments

sheri236

Mouseketeer
    Can someone give me some info on, or direct me to where I can get info on, WOC viewing from the GC. We will be staying here in October for the second time but our first visit last year was when WOC was down. Not attending a Halloween party and would love to view the special WOC if possible. Thanks!

sgrap

DIS Veteran
    Can someone give me some info on, or direct me to where I can get info on, WOC viewing from the GC. We will be staying here in October for the second time but our first visit last year was when WOC was down. Not attending a Halloween party and would love to view the special WOC if possible. Thanks!
    There is a patio on the 6th floor of the VGC building. I haven't been there for WOC, but here is a view during the day. It's not a great view of WOC because if is way off to the side.

Attachments

sheri236

Mouseketeer
    Thanks for the pics! Does anyone know how crowded the patio is during WOC? Just wondering how early we should arrive

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News