Grand Californian Super Thread Updated 11/7/13

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by DmaxHawk, Feb 14, 2010.

1. cdatkins

cdatkins Mouseketeer

so excited to be staying at the GCH when we go to Disneyland in July!

Curious for the regulars:

what was the one thing you didn't expect at the GCH, but really ended up enjoying?

azdisneylover likes this.
  2. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

The Lobby Piano Player, surprised me the first time I love the atmosphere it creates in the early evening.

cdatkins likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Malcon10t

Malcon10t DIS Veteran

I love Jaime (female piano player)... She is so great, and friendly. She remembers songs you like, and if she sees you in the lobby, she will start playing it!

5. ParkHoppers

ParkHoppers DIS Veteran

First time to DL/GCH last week with wife. Split stay in hotel and DVC. What a wonderful resort. I was super impressed with the newly refurbished hotel rooms and the DVC 1 bedroom. Access to DCA and Downtown Disney was great. Staff was the most numerous and helpful of any Disney property I,ve been on.

azdisneylover, emmagator and Nonsuch like this.
  6. Disney_Alli

Disney_Alli DIS Veteran

I love all the piano players! On my birthday trip one spotted my birthday button as I walked through the lobby and started playing happy birthday. I was exhausted and we were killing time until our room was finally ready but that put a big smile on my face.

7. sammykster

sammykster Mouseketeer

Question about the fitness center - has anyone noticed if there is a Peloton there? It wasn't on the website but I saw it reported elsewhere that they may have added one so looking to see if anyone has seen it in there. Want to avoid my streak ending if I can while we're there in March :)