Grand Californian Super Thread Updated 11/7/13

• SeaDis

Mouseketeer
    I'm glad WWS is open, but the menu changes? I wouldn't call that family friendly, or poolside food. Looks like they are down to one burger now (no chicken or carnitas), in favor of gourmet sandwiches instead.

And the "Artisan" pizzas survived (may have been tweaked a bit). Our kids just want pizza, not funky/blended cheeses. Bummer for us. Curious to see how it goes.

Were people complaining about the old menu? I never read any.

• StormyCA

Chief Troublemaker
    Not impressed at all with the 'fancy-schmancy' new menu. But what caught my attention is that the prices sure have been jacked up! I haven't eaten at WW in a few years, but I remember that the prices were MUCH more reasonable. Now it looks as though they're the same as Storytellers!

(PS, it's nice to see that Disney included the allergy friendly offerings on their menu page!!)

• yetiowine

Mouseketeer

MATTERHORN

<font color=purple>HA HA take that all of you unco
    Not impressed at all with the 'fancy-schmancy' new menu. But what caught my attention is that the prices sure have been jacked up! I haven't eaten at WW in a few years, but I remember that the prices were MUCH more reasonable. Now it looks as though they're the same as Storytellers!

(PS, it's nice to see that Disney included the allergy friendly offerings on their menu page!!)

Agreed, they jacked up my burrito! Dang it. Used to be a good deal to go there! Now, not so much. I liked it being a good, quick, decent sized meal where everyone could find something they like. Bummer!

Disney_Alli

DIS Veteran
    Loving the new menu at White Water snacks. We ended up eating here twice on our September trip (the day before it closed the second time) and absolutely nothing appealed to me on the menu at that time. This all sounds delicious!

Last edited:

DWillowBay

DIS Veteran
    I've search this thread and found a layout map in terms of room numbers, but is there a map anywhere that would allow me to know which rooms were Standard, Premium View, Woods View...etc.? Thank for any help as I try to surprise my husband with his "Dream" hotel.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates