Grand Californian Super Thread

IMG_1634.PNG
Checkin! Around 1am we arrived. With @Nonsuch map memorized I had the purple areas in my head as my first choice. I had priority of 6th floor , not near corner, and new room with view last choice. So when assigned 6218/pink dot, I was doing the "happy dance"! I love rooms on an end like that, very quiet!

IMG_1509.JPG IMG_1512.JPG IMG_1514.JPG IMG_1515.JPG IMG_1516.JPG IMG_1517.JPG IMG_1518.JPG IMG_1519.JPG
IMG_1513.JPG

Last edited:
For those of you getting renovated rooms, have you requested one? And if so, when/where? At the desk at check-in, or calling ahead?

We stayed in a 1BR DVC unit May 26-June 5. We loved the room, but I wish they had the orange tree with Chip and Dale that they have in the non-DVC rooms....not a big deal, but I think that is really cute!

We were on the first floor, but I didn't make any requests since sometimes the requests have come back to haunt us....like in 2015 when I requested a DCA view and then we couldn't sleep due to a private party that went on into the early morning hours. This time, aside from some screams from rides, it was pretty quiet.

We enjoyed our stay and can't wait to go back next year....but what is up with the gurgling sinks?? This is not the first stay where we have had issues with loud, gurgling sinks waking us up. There was one night when the water was turned off during the night for maintenance issues, but we still had the same issues. I called maintenance and reported it, but it still continued. Any one else have this issue there?

Not sure how old this style is but it matches the wall in the room. A security guard said she hadn't seen it yet.

The room we got non cl was the same style but the top wasn't as colorful. You could tell the difference between the 2.
IMG_1630.JPG
They gave these in a folder at check for dd and bf that came the next day.

IMG_1520.JPG

Assorted views and balcony!
IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1526.JPG IMG_1527.JPG IMG_1528.JPG IMG_1529.JPG IMG_1530.JPG IMG_1534.JPG

Last edited:
We loved the room. Very quiet and clean! Maid service good. Turndown at night with trash and towel service too. Its nice getting more towels!

We were premium view CL. I will post more cl stuff later but back to work time!

IMG_1624.JPG
I'm a little confused about security at grand californian. When we arrive, is there security at the front? When using gc entrance to California adventure is there security there? When we go to Disneyland from gc is there security there. I read that the whole area will be secured and that's why people who don't have reservation can't get into gc. Sort of rambling. Sorry!
The only time there was a line for us was EMH. Even still it moved fast. Line was very long but still standing in the shade and having bathrooms right there was very convenient! Sunday we were lazy and got in line at 8am, a huge line yet we got on all our rides without any problems. There are so few people in the parks then it didn't matter.

That was 7:30 am for a 8a EMH. People in front of us said they got in at 7:30 earlier in week but fri and sun it opened just prior. Still enjoyed this vs the crowds in the sun.

Our late day line wrapped down and around corner but still only 5 mins to get through.

Last edited:

For those of you getting renovated rooms, have you requested one? And if so, when/where? At the desk at check-in, or calling ahead?

Yes, I requested one during booking. I also asked again during check in if we could have a renovated room. CM let me know we already had it! :D

11a -4pm

IMG_1554.JPG

The tea sandwiches were a big hit! Also uncrustables, gold fish crackers, chexmix (similar) bowl of fresh fruit (even plums) plus the triangle scones and jams.

Also cut fruit as seen on my plate. Usually cantaloupe, melon, pineapple and strawberries and watermelon.

Coffee, tea, sodas and apple juice in cooler, ice tea and lemonade too.

We had pinot noir, sparkling wine and Blue Moon beer.
IMG_1620.JPG IMG_1617.JPG IMG_1616.JPG IMG_1614.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1551.JPG
    IMG_1551.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
As people posted you DO tip here. They took when offered by hand or we left on table.

Cm's were good about re-stocking and cleaning. Sometimes it was quiet other times busy busy!

We liked the outdoor patio the best.

Omg these pictures are awesome; it's actually making my husband smile and not talking about how much it costs! I thought the tea sandwiches were the same every day but there looks to be a variation. What were the appetizers as I can't see couple of pics. Great pics

Omg these pictures are awesome; it's actually making my husband smile and not talking about how much it costs! I thought the tea sandwiches were the same every day but there looks to be a variation. What were the appetizers as I can't see couple of pics. Great pics
We only had 2 days and missed fri appies. Saturday they had 2 hot ones. A veggie spring roll and chicken cordon blue bites. Oh my those bites! We ate many.

Evening lots of cheeses, breads and crackers too.

There was a large tray of veggies . Grilled asparagus, plus many others included.

The blurry ones were cookies and desserts. They were on the right and the tea sandwiches on the left. One day there was a bar that was amazing. We made a meal out of this.

I have a few pix of desserts I post later.

Oh wine and beer upon request all day. I teased we from east when I asked at 11a for wine he said ask ANYTIME you are on vacation.

Evening 8-10they did list some drinks. I saw my usual grand mariner plus a few more.

Chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal were on the left and desserts on the right. Both nights had the strawberries dipped in chocolate.
IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!