Grand Californian Super Thread

So there are DVD players in the room? is that all rooms or just CL?

I have already booked Standard room with getawaytoday.com but thankfully paid the $30 foe peace of mind plan which allows me to change or cancel with no penalty (other than the $30) CL level prices aren't available on there website so I probably have to book direct with DL

There are DVD players in all rooms but you can only use the GCH's DVD's by getting them in the CL lounge. And you are right, GAT can not book CL rooms. You can also try AAA - our July DLH suite with concierge with a little cheaper through AAA than WDTC.

Yes, there are DVD players only in the CL rooms. And you are right, GAT can not book CL rooms. You can also try AAA - our July DLH suite with concierge with a little cheaper through AAA than WDTC.

Are you sure that the DVD players are only in the CL rooms? I could have sworn we had one in our GCH standard room in 12/07. I wouldn't bet my life on it or anything - I am probably wrong - but the thing I am remembering seeing certainly looked like a DVD player (it was silver or gray, I think), and it was separate from the cable box. I wish I had taken photos of that darn room!!

Are you sure that the DVD players are only in the CL rooms? I could have sworn we had one in our GCH standard room in 12/07. I wouldn't bet my life on it or anything - I am probably wrong - but the thing I am remembering seeing certainly looked like a DVD player (it was silver or gray, I think), and it was separate from the cable box. I wish I had taken photos of that darn room!!

Nope - won't swear to it! I know that they list having DVD's to take back to your room as a perk of the CL rooms so it is possible that standard rooms have them but you have no access to DVD's.

We had a DVD player in our standard room when we were there in January. Not sure if that is the case in all standard rooms.

I, also, am having problem reading the great map posted prior. I would like to request a PPV for our dedicated 2 bedroom in June. I "think" that 4500, 5500 or 6500 would be the best? Is that correct?

And I will correct my prior post - apparently there are DVD players in standard rooms also but no access to the DVD's in the craftsman lounge.

I, also, am having problem reading the great map posted prior. I would like to request a PPV for our dedicated 2 bedroom in June. I "think" that 4500, 5500 or 6500 would be the best? Is that correct?

And I will correct my prior post - apparently there are DVD players in standard rooms also but no access to the DVD's in the craftsman lounge.

I would agree with you. 4500-6500 look pretty good.

...is there a corkscrew in the 1 BR villas? Do the grocery items listed for DVC match items now in WWS? Like eggs, bread, etc?

...is there a corkscrew in the 1 BR villas? Do the grocery items listed for DVC match items now in WWS? Like eggs, bread, etc?

Yes to corkscrew. Not sure if the grocery list matches up yet but you can order online at Vons.com and have it delivered. Bell services will hold the groceries and keep the cold items cold for you. Vons is SoCal version of Safeway.

amenities.jpg

Sorry about the poor picture.

The items on the Grocery Order Form match what I remember seeing at White Water Snacks. I bought many basic breakfast items (eggs, bagels, butter, cream cheese, orange juice...) popcorn::

amenities.jpg

The items on the Grocery Order Form match what I remember seeing at White Water Snacks. I bought many basic breakfast items (eggs, bagels, butter, cream cheese, orange juice...) popcorn::

Thank you and thank you

amenities.jpg

Thanks a lot!

amenities.jpg

Thank you

Hi I just read the WHOLE thread finally. Yay, what wonderful information. Thankyou all.

My comments on the hotel.

Absolutley love it. Love the rooms, lobby, hearth area, the Lounge, Napa, Whitewater snacks, turn down service with yummy chocolates, and location, location, location!

I have stayed in the rooms that have the daybed near the elevators also. They seemed bigger to me than the rest of the regular standards.

We were there the last weekend of February, and the room had been updated somewhat. New carpet, and the beds had duvets, with the blankets sheeted. I love that! Gone were the old bedspreads.

Upon check in we were offered an upgrade to park view. Hard decision. Finally decided to keep our room with day bed, as we wanted more room, and close to the elevator.

Also had a mix up, upon check in. I had cancelled one of my rooms, due to one of my DIS friends, Dawn/fairykin/ passing away. :sad1:(A few other ladies and I, had become very close to her the last couple of years.) The CM made mention of having another room under my name, stating Dawn's full name along with her mother's. I must have looked at him in shock, still feeling the mourning of her. Actually I was, and I needed a few seconds to think. He apologized over and over for his mistake, stating that I had cancelled it. Then I felt sorry for him. Poor thing.

That night, coming back to our room were 4 beautifully plated Mickey Rice Crispy treats with the "Grand Californian" written in chocolate, 4 big wine glasses of milk on ice, a bouquet of balloons and a wonderful note from the CM. :cloud9: It made us cry all over again.

That is the service you get from the Grand. :love:

yay-my first post!!!

Big thanks for all this info - it inspired me to cancel my booking with the Hyatt and have just booked a theme park view room at GCA instead! Actually only meant to book a standard view room but accidently selected a theme park room- DH won't be too happy but never mind- I wanted a theme park room a anyway- we are arriving on Sept 5th for 3 nights with our nearly 3 year old and a 14 month old- so so so excited to be staying at this hotel!!!

yay-my first post!!!

Big thanks for all this info - it inspired me to cancel my booking with the Hyatt and have just booked a theme park view room at GCA instead! Actually only meant to book a standard view room but accidently selected a theme park room- DH won't be too happy but never mind- I wanted a theme park room a anyway- we are arriving on Sept 5th for 3 nights with our nearly 3 year old and a 14 month old- so so so excited to be staying at this hotel!!!

Welcome to the boards and the thread. We hope you enjoy your stay!

will be arriving on sunday:cool1: and just woudering if at checkin if the cm 's offer any discounts on meals or room upgrades:)

will be arriving on sunday:cool1: and just woudering if at checkin if the cm 's offer any discounts on meals or room upgrades:)

Haven't heard of them offering discounts for meals or rooms. but you might get lucky who knows. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter