Grand Californian Hotel Craftsman Bar and Grill ~ Brand New

Well, we tried dinner at Craftsman on Friday. Unfortunately, we were not impressed. :scared:

Service was at a snails pace. Our server was a nice guy, but not efficient. The table right next to ours was seated after us, had a different server and got drinks, food, and bill 5 times faster than us. It took 20 minutes to get our drinks (2 beers and a kids drink). Dinner took 65 minutes. My daughters poke bowl was close in inedible, tuna was tough. Our wings were just ok, same with the artisan pizza. Definitely not worth the price tag.

I know it the place is still new going through its growing pains, but we left saying we loved the lounges turkey club 100x's more than this and paid three times as much. (We can split the club because it is so big.)

I will say the place is pretty. Very nice vibe. But I go for food more than ambiance.

Has anyone eaten here lately? Has the service gotten better and any changes with the menu or hours? Plus, any new pictures of the food? Please, post!

So wait. Now you have to have a wristband to use the pool? How does that work? Do you get them at check in?

Has anyone eaten here lately? Has the service gotten better and any changes with the menu or hours? Plus, any new pictures of the food? Please, post!
We ate there last Saturday night. Service was a little slow, and we finally flagged someone down to order. I had the lobster quesadilla, which was delicious. Hubby had the beef nachos. Be forewarned, the serving of the nachos is gigantic! Probably easily enough for 3 people to have hearty servings! We enjoyed it even though the service was a little spotty. Granted, it was like 9:30 p.m. and they close at 10, so they were winding down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter