Grand Californian at Disneyland no longer an option...

I've also heard rumblings about a DVC property in a fourth tower at the Disneyland Hotel. They also own property to the east of the resort proper. Perhaps something could go in there. Also, with the Anaheim Garden Walk in bankruptcy, one always wonders why the auction was called off at the last minute? Was there some behind the scenes dealing going on?

when we toured the DVC property in 08' i 'unofficially' heard the same rumour when talking to the kiosk people during our stay.

Convention business is 'off' due to the economy, it would certainly make sense to open up one of the DLH towers @ a studio rate imo if only for short-term.

We didn't use our points for our trip as I was able to grab such a good rate @ the DLH in prime summer season. If a $95 fee were involved; it'd certainly keep us from considering a revisit.

The auction was called off?? INtersting...

Having a foreclosure auction on a large property delayed is nothing unusual. While the delay is party because hope springs eternal for the owner, the lender also has to be concerned about acquiring a half empty shopping center that has at least one tenant that has never paid any rent and itself is in bankruptcy. I think the amount due on GardenWalk is about $195M, which is pretty good size chunk of change for potential bidders to raise. I believe the auction was rescheduled for sometime in April. -- Suzanne

2. Is selling our membership an option? We have a 300 points at SS and owe less than 25% on the loan we took out.

Well, thanks for listening!

Do an add on at VGC for approx. 200 points, financed. After you have the points, sell your SS membership. The costs should be similar, plus you should be able to get studios at VGC for cheaper than you were getting the rooms at the GC. Plus the VGC's have better views than the GC.

I for one am glad:goodvibes that there are Villas at the Grande Californian, if there weren't we would probably not stay there because it's not a place we want to spend points on. :rolleyes: As it is we have a 3 night stay coming up the 1st of May :dance3:that we booked 7 months out with our last avalible points of our 2011 use year. :scared1:

Moe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter