Grand Cal just hit 365 per point for resale

Yup! Disney messed up on VDH.
How do you think they messed up?

They priced VDH too high? Too low? Should have included the ToT into the MFs?

I don't think DVD messed up per say, it's just an unfortunate consequence of the circumstances.

Wasn't it a very small contract? Like 25 points? If so, it can go for a lot higher because total cost doesn't change that much.

I think charging the TOT with every booking was a mistake, from a sales perspective. It would have been much better hidden as part of the dues. I’m not saying that would be more pro-customer (It wouldn’t!) but knowing you are buying a timeshare and **still** have to pay a whole bunch to use your points to book rooms is a big turnoff to many.

They knew all the rental llcs would be the ones buying up the points so they threw them a bone by not includeing the ToT. Makes it more profitable for the commercial renters.

I think charging the TOT with every booking was a mistake, from a sales perspective. It would have been much better hidden as part of the dues. I’m not saying that would be more pro-customer (It wouldn’t!) but knowing you are buying a timeshare and **still** have to pay a whole bunch to use your points to book rooms is a big turnoff to many.
As an owner, I’m really liking the idea of not having to pay ToT when I use my points elsewhere. Versus other resorts owners who are technically paying extra when they stay at VDH. If I was reading the results correctly in the other thread, they sold so far about 10% in presale, so I don’t think they screwed anything up. 🤷🏻‍♀️

As an owner, I’m really liking the idea of not having to pay ToT when I use my points elsewhere. Versus other resorts owners who are technically paying extra when they stay at VDH. If I was reading the results correctly in the other thread, they sold so far about 10% in presale, so I don’t think they screwed anything up. 🤷🏻‍♀️
But the MF is already high without ToT, doesn't make sense when the other resorts have lower MF while including ToT

In my opinion a 25 point contract is rather useless as the cost per night at VGC studio averages around 27 points per night (ranges 17-37) so it would make using only 25 points per year hard as there would be left over points, or perhaps the buyer wants 50 points every other year or even 75 points every third year, but that seems like a lot of effort with the possibility of unused points that may go to waste.

Yup! Disney messed up on VDH.
I've personally been looking at it less like VDH is a mistake, and more that the VGC prices were temporarily depressed based on the news of VDH. I could be wrong but I remember looking a year ago and I thought VGC was pretty firmly around ~$320 (I'm not sure where to look for historical data). If anything I made the mistake of not buying VGC during the time where it was sub 300, but I was saving for VDH and while some people will call me crazy I do want to use my disneyland points every now and then in combination with my Grand Floridian points in disneyworld for a big vacation and wanted unrestricted points.

Last edited:
I've personally been looking at it less like VDH is a mistake, and more that the VGC prices were temporarily depressed based on the news of VDH. I could be wrong but I remember looking a year ago and I thought VGC was pretty firmly around ~$320 (I'm not sure where to look for historical data). If anything I made the mistake of not buying VGC during the time where it was sub 300, but I was saving for VDH and while some people will call me crazy I do want to use my disneyland points every now and then in combination with my Grand Floridian points in disneyworld for a big vacation and wanted unrestricted points.
I wasn't following that closely, but VGC definitely was going down because of the announcement VDH. There was literally a thread called "how low will VGC prices go", lol.

The market clearly didn't like the VDH once the details were announced, which led to the massive spike in VGC prices

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter