gran destino tower electrical hallway plugs for power scooters

gerrym51

Earning My Ears
Hi,

the wife uses a power scooter and we are used to plug in in the hallway outside our room at other disney resorts. Does gran torino tower have these?

an addition. okw and bay lake towers both had them in hallways outside the doors 2017 and 2018

Last edited:
okw and bay lake towers both had them in the hallways outside the door 2017 and 2018

Please use the outlets inside your room. Yes, there are outlets in the hallways. They exist for use by the resort and its staff. And really, it's a bad, bad idea to leave a expensive piece of necessary equipment out of your view and control for any appreciable length of time. Like overnight.

Unless the Gran Destino rooms are substantially smaller than value resort rooms, her posee chair will fit inside the room.

Please use the outlets inside your room. Yes, there are outlets in the hallways. They exist for use by the resort and its staff. And really, it's a bad, bad idea to leave a expensive piece of necessary equipment out of your view and control for any appreciable length of time. Like overnight.

Unless the Gran Destino rooms are substantially smaller than value resort rooms, her posee chair will fit inside the room.
we were told at okw that they were there for scooter recharge and told we could use them-just used them in bay tower in 2018 and never told otherwise

Just out of curiosity, why is it necessary to park your ECV in the hallway instead of in your resort room? People don't seem to do it at the value and moderate resorts, so it must not be a lack of space issue. Those rooms are definitely smaller than deluxe rooms and DVC villas.

Just out of curiosity, why is it necessary to park your ECV in the hallway instead of in your resort room? People don't seem to do it at the value and moderate resorts, so it must not be a lack of space issue. Those rooms are definitely smaller than deluxe rooms and DVC villas.
have you ever actually rented one. If you have you know that manuvering to plug in inside a room is not as easy as it seems-and the plugs are never in the exact place you need them especially if you have to move furniture. for old people-thats us -having to do it every day of a 10 days trip gets old

have you ever actually rented one. If you have you know that manuvering to plug in inside a room is not as easy as it seems-and the plugs are never in the exact place you need them especially if you have to move furniture. for old people-thats us -having to do it every day of a 10 days trip gets old
No. I haven't rented one until this upcoming trip. That's why I asked.

But doesn't the same problem of maneuvering inside and finding a convenient outlet also exist at value and moderate resorts?

No. I haven't rented one until this upcoming trip. That's why I asked.

But doesn't the same problem of maneuvering inside and finding a convenient outlet also exist at value and moderate resorts?
we owned dvc up to last year. we decided to sell for health issues. she only started to use the scooter the last 2 years. the size is not as important as where plugs are. your scooter charger cord is not super long. even at the 2 resorts i mentioned in 2017 and 2018 to use inside required some furniture moving. it just got easy to use outside plug. scooters come with a key-nobody will take it , however if the gran destino tower does not have plugs outside we will manage.

we owned dvc up to last year. we decided to sell for health issues. she only started to use the scooter the last 2 years. the size is not as important as where plugs are. your scooter charger cord is not super long. even at the 2 resorts i mentioned in 2017 and 2018 to use inside required some furniture moving. it just got easy to use outside plug. scooters come with a key-nobody will take it , however if the gran destino tower does not have plugs outside we will manage.
Thank you. That explanation helps.

we were told at okw that they were there for scooter recharge and told we could use them-just used them in bay tower in 2018 and never told otherwise
The people on this board think they write the Disney rules and have the power to enforce them. Most of them do not like seeing the scooters in the hall, so it doesn’t matter that a cm told you too, they will never say it’s ok and will insist that the cm is wrong.

I HAVE rented Scooters. I have stayed in Deluxe Resorts with electrical outlets in the hall. I am old.
I have charged my rental ECV in my room.
Doing the right thing does not get old.
When it does I will no longer go to WDW.

I've used a scooter for the last seven years, fortunate to be able to go to Disney all seven years. Stayed only at POP (value) standard room. My scooter always come in the room with me. I pack a power cord in my suitcase.

As a person, who totally relies on this, while you may be able to park outside your roo m. (I don't know if it's allowed or not), my concern would be anyone needing to evacuate (fire) and the scooters being an obstacle to safely evacuate.

okw and bay lake towers both had them in the hallways outside the door 2017 and 2018
Those are for vacuum cleaners. All the scooters I have rented had cords plenty long enough to plug them in in the room. Never needed to plug one in out in the hallway.

In addition, the newer resorts like Gran Destino, should have additional outlets in the room.

I'm sure there are outlets in the hall so housekeeping has a place to plug in their vacuums. I don't know if there is an outlet by each room. Parking your ECV down the hall from your room doesn't sound friendly. Can you ask Disney to remove some furniture to make room? Chair or table?

I’m sorry, but I’m confused. Did you mean the porch areas of OKW? Because OKW doesn’t have halls.
first floor 1 bedroom. since i bought OKW in 1993 for 56 dollars a point -you are correct. just outside door. Baylake tower was a hall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!