Graduation!

MissMouse21

Mouseketeer
When is your ceremony? Do you have anyone exciting speaking? Do you have a plan for the "real world"?

I walk on May 22nd (only 8 days!!!!! :cool1: ) and the wife of Curt Schilling (the pitcher for the Red Sox) will be speaking. As for after May 22nd, no definite job plans yet, but I can at least keep my part-time job until I find a "career".

Congratulations Grads! You've definitely earned that diploma!! :banana:

i graduate the same day! we've got nina totenberg from npr speaking at graduation.no plans yet, but the day after i graduate i'm going to an acs conference, hoping to find someone there that i'll be interested in.

congrats to everyone graduating as well! good luck with your jobs and all! :goodvibes

My commencement was just slightly over a year ago ... our speaker was Phylicia Rashad ("Claire Huxtable" from the Cosby Show) ... she was ok, but I didn't really think she was all that good of a graduation speaker. (Friends that are graduating this year have said that their commencement speaker is Dr. Jane Goodall)

Our University-wide commencement was last night; it was fantastic! John McCain spoke and there were fireworks at the end. Usually, commencement and convocations are on the same day, but this year they split it up for the first time -- commencement on Friday, Individual college convocations on Saturday. I'll walk later this afternoon.

Some pictures:
The set up:
13766413_a31f12cc1b_m.jpg

My friend Jen and I waiting for everything to get started:
13766397_88129d7137_m.jpg

Fireworks!!:
13766464_b6f135ba95_m.jpg

I'm ready to be DONE -- convocation's at 4:30, and hopefully it'll be less than 3 hours long.

My Fiance just graduated yesterday and he goes to a liberal arts college in MN, their speaker was Wing Young Huie, who is a photographer. He was very interseting and funny to listen to :goodvibes

I graduate next Thursday, the 26th. Saddly, I'm only getting out of high school, so nothing really cool for me here. At least I'm off to college! :cloud9:

I graduated yesterday and I still can't believe it. Nick Donofrio, a VP at IBM, spoke at our ceremony. He was pretty interesting, but the best part for me was at the beginning, when the president of my college announced that the ceremony was being broadcast over the Internet via webcam to a student who was sent to Afghanistan, and he was given his diploma over the Internet. He was actually interviewed on FoxNews this morning.

Congratulations and good luck to everyone graduating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter