Graduate Students in CP

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by Chelle116, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Chelle116

Chelle116 Earning My Ears

So I’m starting grad school this summer and thinking about applying for the college program. I will be 27 when the program starts. I’m still young, but obviously a bit older than most people in the college program! I’m wondering if anyone here is in the CP and also a graduate student? Would I be welcomed or would I just be the old fart no one wants around?! Lol

2. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

My DD did the program just after she graduated from college before she started grad school. She made a great group of friends that were all ages ranging from 19 - 32. If it's something you want to do, go for it, I'm sure you will find your people to hang out with.

3. airsdaddy

airsdaddy Earning My Ears

My wife did the program at 37 years old, and she didn't want to leave! I think you'll be fine :)

HopperFan likes this.
  4. ChanduTail

ChanduTail Mouseketeer

Have you looked at the Professional Internships? I think they are more relevant to a graduate student. I considered applying for one but I ended up moving overseas & the academic calendar here is so different from the one in the US that it wasn't possible for me to do it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with doing the regular CP at 27, if that's what you want to do, but if you are looking for something in your specific field & that might serve you a little bit better in the future, a PI might be what you're looking for :)