Government Taxes went up?

irazabul

Mouseketeer
Did anyone get an email that Gov't taxes went up? I have two ressies on the Dream for March 17 sailing. I paid the balance for both a week ago on the same day. One went thru and the other I got an email a couple of days agi saying that it did not go thru because gov't taxes went up - by almost $150 (for three person cabin). Does this sound right? Anyone have the same situation?

Booked thru Dreams Unlimited.

Did you book them both at the same time? We are also on this sailing but just booked around 2 weeks ago, paid in full yesterday. If you booked early, it's possible taxes could go up. They are per person, not a % of the total like state sales tax is calculated.

I'd have the TA explain this better and esp why it's only on 1 cabin, not another.

We just sailed on the Magic 10/30/10 and right before we sailed, they actually refunded part of the taxes, approx $16 pp. For 4 of us, $64. Not a lot but a nice little surprise. Almost paid for our precruise hotel stay. :goodvibes

Just got an explanation. Altho the email said it was due to increased taxes, they said it was actually because my 2 year old he will turn 3 at sail time, thus pushing the price up. I can see that explanation, but going from $225 to $350? Oh well - I knew I should have asked my wife to hang on a couple days more on that child!

Just got an explanation. Altho the email said it was due to increased taxes, they said it was actually because my 2 year old he will turn 3 at sail time, thus pushing the price up. I can see that explanation, but going from $225 to $350? Oh well - I knew I should have asked my wife to hang on a couple days more on that child!
Not nice! You could have cruised earlier too. ;)

In my opinion the best time to cruise is right before a child turns 3--if they are potty trained they can do all the 3 year old programming but only pay the 2 year old "partial" fare.

Bottom line is that they have to draw the line somewhere. Children under 3 pay a partial fare, but you'll be charged for Flounder's if you use it. Children 3 and over are charged a child's fare. Whether 2 or 3, the Oceaneer's Club is free if they are fully trained.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter