GOTG: Monsters After Dark

Abbey1

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me if there is an option to select the FP for the Halloween version with Maxpass before the time frame opens up, or do you just have to wait for the 6:00 fastpasses to become available? And does anyone know around what time that would happen? Are the fastpasses going quickly right now? We'll be visiting this Sunday, and I am just trying to time everything right.

Can anyone tell me if there is an option to select the FP for the Halloween version with Maxpass before the time frame opens up, or do you just have to wait for the 6:00 fastpasses to become available? And does anyone know around what time that would happen? Are the fastpasses going quickly right now? We'll be visiting this Sunday, and I am just trying to time everything right.
The MAD MP/FPs come available at 3PM and with windows at 6PM.

As Hydroguy said, the FP's become available at 3:00pm and start with a 6:00pm window. I got mine last Saturday at 3:05 and they were already up to 6:25, so they are going fast. Not sure when they ran out, but get one ASAP and make sure you have a FP available at 3:00.

The MAD MP/FPs come available at 3PM and with windows at 6PM.

As Hydroguy said, the FP's become available at 3:00pm and start with a 6:00pm window. I got mine last Saturday at 3:05 and they were already up to 6:25, so they are going fast. Not sure when they ran out, but get one ASAP and make sure you have a FP available at 3:00.

Awesome. Thanks, guys!

I was trying to figure this out too and I looked at the app today and at 3:20 there were no fps available. So I guess they are selling out that fast. Wow!

IMG_5264.PNG
I was trying to figure this out too and I looked at the app today and at 3:20 there were no fps available. So I guess they are selling out that fast. Wow!

Oh yes they go super fast..
Here's my screenshot of getting ours at 3:01 PM on the 16th. Hours are shorter too as short as 8pm so they don't last long in some cases but SOOOO worth it.

I guess I will have to make sure my fp window is open at 3:00 when we are there to get a Monsters fp. Can't wait!!

Are they allowing guests into the standby queue a few minutes before closing?

If they are that would be my recommendation if your party is able. My husband and I did this in June and the line moved quickly since the park was closed and no more FP were entering. I think the posted wait time was 50 minutes when we got in line but we were on and off the ride in 45.

We have young kids and my mom with us for our Halloween trip so getting in line at 10PM may not work out for us. We may opt to use Max Pass on Saturday if we find it too difficult to get a ride for Monsters After Dark on Friday. I have Max Pass on my AP for the photos, so we could purchase it for my mom and daughter and use rider swap for my husband (we have two other little ones who can't & won't ride). Hopefully we can each get at least one ride in.

Has anybody stood in line for the FP? I saw the line on Saturday and it was crazy long, but that was also because the system was down. Just wondering if the queue for standing in line for the FP was always long and how long people had to stand in line for to get the FP. Or is getting MP the way to go for this ride? Or is getting in line before the park closes the way to go?

Are they allowing guests into the standby queue a few minutes before closing?

If they are that would be my recommendation if your party is able. My husband and I did this in June and the line moved quickly since the park was closed and no more FP were entering. I think the posted wait time was 50 minutes when we got in line but we were on and off the ride in 45.

We have young kids and my mom with us for our Halloween trip so getting in line at 10PM may not work out for us. We may opt to use Max Pass on Saturday if we find it too difficult to get a ride for Monsters After Dark on Friday. I have Max Pass on my AP for the photos, so we could purchase it for my mom and daughter and use rider swap for my husband (we have two other little ones who can't & won't ride). Hopefully we can each get at least one ride in.
If you don't mind riding alone, you can just pull the FP for yourself and then have the other three return on the swap.

The ride is now closing for the daytime version at 4pm and starting up with MAD at 5pm. Fastpass distribution time is still starting at 3pm, but the first return time is the 5-6pm slot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter