GOTG: MAD rider switch and maxpass opinion?

faith1118

Earning My Ears
Hi, I was just wondering if they had the rider switch option available for this. We are contemplating getting the maxpass just to ride this one and we have 3 adults and 2 toddlers who arent tall enough to ride yet, so we're trying to figure out if we should get 1 maxpass and use the rider switch, or if we should get 3 maxpasses, or if we should wait in line for the paper fp. Thanks!

First, definitely get Maxpass rather than the paper FP. The line for paper FPs is ridiculously long and by the time you get up to the front you may get stuck with a very late return time. Maxpass, meanwhile, lets you book right away (assuming no tech issues) and get a soon return time. You just need to make sure you are eligible for another FP at 3pm.

I also love using Maxpass and use it all of the time, so consider it for not just that one ride. It is much more convenient than having to ping-pong around the parks pulling FPs.

And yes, Rider Swap is still available for Monsters After Dark. But there are now changes to the Rider Swap program at DL and requires scanning in cards and a specific return time (I don't know the details as I haven't visited with children). If you really only want Maxpass for that one ride, then you can buy for one adult and then the others can use the RS. Otherwise, I would probably just get FPs for all 3 adults so I wouldn't have to deal with the scanning in process! But hopefully someone else who has done RS recently will chime in!

First, definitely get Maxpass rather than the paper FP. And yes, Rider Swap is still available for Monsters After Dark. But there are now changes to the Rider Swap program at DL...

Yes to all of this! We were there three weeks ago with our kids and used RS on GotG MAD. I pulled the FPs using Maxpass immediately at 3pm when the MAD FP window opened, and we got a return time of 5:25pm. When we showed up, I scanned my FP and said I wanted to RS with my husband. They then scanned his ticket barcode and assigned him an immediate return time. He took the kids on Monsters Inc., I rode MAD, we met up outside, and we swapped. Easy peasy. Have so much fun. :)

Hi, I was just wondering if they had the rider switch option available for this. We are contemplating getting the maxpass just to ride this one and we have 3 adults and 2 toddlers who arent tall enough to ride yet, so we're trying to figure out if we should get 1 maxpass and use the rider switch, or if we should get 3 maxpasses, or if we should wait in line for the paper fp. Thanks!

There were issues with the machines when we were there and I already had MaxPass on my AP so we purchased it just for my husband. There were 4 riders and 2 non riders. So my husband rode with our daughter and got a switch pass then my mom and I took my daughter. It worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter