Got to Ride Infinity Falls! (Video)

Discussion in 'Sea World / Discovery Cove' started by DrakesTravels, Oct 1, 2018.

1. DrakesTravels

DrakesTravels Earning My Ears

It's finally happening, the grand opening is October 4th. On Sunday morning (Sept 30) I decided to take a chance for a "soft opening" of the ride and was not let down. The park opened at 9am and they opened the back side of the park at 10an where Infinity Falls is located. The ride wasn't opened however you could see the staff gathering and shortly after empty tubes were moving on the ride. Around 11am they opened the queue and let folks ride.

A nice and welcome addition especially in the hot Florida environment. You get soaked and a lot of fun! Worth checking out especially if you like these type of rides!

2. Editoria

Editoria Earning My Ears

Brilliant!

Thank you for the video, and for the reminder that this ride will be a soaker — I will dress appropriately.

I hope to stop by Oct. 3, that day before the grand opening, so I also appreciate your information about the timing for soft opening. I know it could vary from day to day, but I won’t worry about getting in super early.

The menu for the Waterway Grill restaurant looks good, too. It is already open, and the SeaWorld app lists items, but not prices.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. DrakesTravels

DrakesTravels Earning My Ears

Waterway Grill was definitely open and looked good. I didn't eat there but certainly will try it one day. I think you'll do well on October 3rd being a school and normal work day. Perhaps it might pick up in the afternoon but imagine you'll get a few rides in.

5. FLOIR

FLOIR DIS Veteran

Prices are shown in the menu sticky thread

macraven likes this.
  6. JaxDad

JaxDad DIS Veteran

@FLOIR, is Infinity Falls set up to have a Quick Queue line? It's not showing up on the list of Quick Queue rides, but I thought that may just be because it is not officially opened.

I'll be at SeaWorld the weekend of 19-21 October, and I am expecting larger than normal crowds, based on the hotel availability I'm seeing, plus Infinity Falls being open.

7. FLOIR

FLOIR DIS Veteran

Yes, there is a Quick Queue line there but I am not sure they will be using it at first. I remember when Kraken first went to VR they had a special QQ just for it that you had to buy. I don't remember about Mako.

8. FLOIR

FLOIR DIS Veteran

If you go to their website and look under "Rides & Shows Upgrades" they have 2 options for QQ.

One is named this - "Quick Queue Unlimited" and is priced at $19

The other is named this "Quick Queue Unlimited + Infinity Falls" and is priced at $39

This is similar to what they did with Kraken so I would expect that to last for a while, although once cooler months get here interest may die down and they may move away from it faster.

macraven likes this.
  9. JaxDad

JaxDad DIS Veteran

Ah! I missed that option. Thank you!

10. Editoria

Editoria Earning My Ears

On site as I write this, about noon Oct. 3. The nice staffer at the entrance of Infinity Falls said she got word late morning that there would be no soft opening today, sigh.
    I did try the pan-seared tofu ($11.99, plus tax): two blocks with what tasted to me like a sweet chili sauce, about 4 total ounces of protein, over a generous bowl of black beans and white rice, option of salsa added to mine. Filling, but I could wish for a bit more flavor.
    I did not succumb to dessert temtations, though the split cupcake with a mound of cookie dough stuffed in it looked tasty!

macraven likes this.
  11. keishashadow

keishashadow Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!

Didn’t have a chance to head over when there the first week of October

OP thanks for posting, looks fun, not quite as drenching as Universal’s Popeye but plenty wet at the end!

Wondering if the complimentary hotel quick queue includes it or if there is an AP free preview option?

12. WonderKid

WonderKid Earning My Ears

Having riden both, I would say Infinity Falls is comparable in drenching potential to Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges. I felt Infinity Falls had more intense rapids.

Complimentary hotel quick queue does NOT include Infinity Falls at the moment.