Got Member Discount for Cash Ressie at VB for April 2004!!!!

luckytso

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
I am so happy that I could not believe the member discount is already avialable for next April at VB. I just booked a 1-br for 3 nights in late April there checking in on a Saturday. The rate is $232 plus tax. When you factoring in the point's rental value, it is cheaper to me to book with cash, plus I will get daily housekeeping. With the sand being dragged in the unit, I figured it will be nicer to have daily housekeeping.

Yipee!!!! Now onto booking the air:p

You may want to check again about the daily housekeeping- it is usually not provided with a "member cash" reservation booked thru MS. These reservations are made available from the points room inventory and normally do not include housekeeping service except for Trash/Towel. If you reserve thru CRO you will get daily service.

It sounds like you got a good rate. Have fun planning!

Which resort? That's a great rate for a 1 bedroom. I paid $287 plus tax with the member discount at OKW in May (1 bedroom also). We did not get daily housekeeping. I did 2 nights cash following by 5 nights points, they counted the 2 cash nights as day 1 & 2 and we got trash & towel on day 4.

Debbie, I was so happy that I did not put down the resort's name. It is for VB, so maybe not as great of a deal like the ones in WDW.

But I was not expecting the discount to be available at all. Without the housekeeping, maybe I will go back using my points for the point night.:confused:

That sounds like a WONDERFUL price. I wouldn't give it up.

Can't you just pay extra for the housekeeping. Even if you pay extra I think it is still a good deal.

The one br's range from $310-over $400 for the month of April

You guys are absolutely right. I just called and confirmed it. So I only used cash for the 1st night and points for the other 2 nights.

I was told that they no longer allow "ocean view" to be on the room request because there are so few units with this. You can only request it upon check-in.

I was really tempted to book 2 nights at the cottage, but decided to check it out first, maybe next time:p

Can you tell me what you mean about them no longer offering to put ocean view on the reservation. Is this for pts or cash or something else?

:confused:

I was told that you cannot have "ocean view" as part of the room request on your reservation whether your reservation is made with cash or points. They said everyone requests it and it leads to too much disappointment.

I think I just answered my own question:

Do you mean that they no longer gurarantee ocean view on the one bedrooms?

I guess I was a little confused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter