Got in "free" at Epcot Friday night

kbkids

<font color=cc0066>Loves the World in February<br>
We just got back and had the strangest thing happen to us Friday night at Epcot. DH and I were entering through the International Gateway. It was about 4:00, and as we approached, we were in the middle of a conversation, and the CM said something to me (honestly, I really wasn't paying too much attention because, at the time, I just assumed she was telling me to enter my ticket). I already had the pass in the machine and was about to do the finger scan - the lights were lit up waiting for me - when I saw her pick up ticket and just hand it to me and told me just to come in and not worry about it. Threw me off, but okay, so I walked through. I turned around to wait on DH as he's about to put his ticket in. She just shook her head and said don't worry about it - come on in. Have I missed something? We have seasonal passes - so in reality, we really weren't getting in free. But how did she know that? I realized after the fact what she had said that I wasn't paying attention to was, "Hi, you can just come on in." The only thing I thought about was that I had our badges for the CP package in my hand that she may have seen, but even they say park admission required. After we got through, DH looked at me and said, "Okay, what was that all about?" I told him I had no idea but I knew where to ask when we got back home. :D

The turnstyle computers were down and they were telling everyone with a ticket to go through. I was told it was just the AP people..but that many regular tix weren't '"charged" for the day. It was a nightmare earlier at AK, as we had to wait a long time, while they tried to do the tickets one at a time puching a button to release the gate. Many were told it wouldn't charge a day. I was surprised to find the same problem at more than one locations.

Yes all the computers where down. So they told the CM at the gates if they have a AP just to allow them to go through. Cause the computers where not reading them at all. It shows up that you have a AP and they just punch the button and it allows you to go through.

Well, that explains it - I knew someone here would have an explanation.

It happened to us at MK Tuesday also. We have FL seasonal passes. CM told us to just walk through. But he did check the expiration date.

Shirley

We had a couple of times in the last two weeks where we couldn't use the finger scanner. They never told us why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter