Goofy??

themouseandme

Earning My Ears
My sister and I are taking our kids in May...first trip for her and her son. My nephew is 5 and absolutely obsessed with Goofy and has been since he could stand. He does Goofys version of the hot dog dance about 20 times a day, every day, and has every version of the Goofy dolls imaginable.

Where are the best meets and character dining to have good Goofy interactions? I want to make sure he's not disappointed!

Tusker House is pretty good food for a buffet, and you can find Goofy there. I highly recommend.

Goofy is my favorite! Definitely enjoy at least one character meal with Goofy. You will also find Goofy meet n greets on Kenny the Pirate's character locator.

Goofy at Tusker House was awesome. We have some of the best pics of our DS with Goofy from there. Goofy is DS's favorite.

I agree - my top Goofy spot would be Epcot! I've found that we get better interaction with the characters in their own locations rather than meals where they're trying to get to the next table. Go early to the Character Spot and you can get through quickly and even book a FP+ for later in the day if you want to go see him again. On our Sept. trip, my 18 month old wanted Goofy to pick him up so badly! He kept raising his little arms to Goofy and Goofy kept giving him high fives (since he's not allowed to pick him up). He finally settled on me picking him up so he could get a closer look at the tall Goofster!

If you do want a character meal, I highly recommend the breakfast at Cape May Cafe. We did it specifically for my DD and Minnie Mouse on a previous trip. It was no where near as crowded as, say, Chef Mickey's. The characters are in beach wear and they each spent a good amount of time with us. The more involved/talkative the kid is with the character, the longer they stay (in my experience). The food was really good, too! It's traditional breakfast fare with a made-to-order crepe station as well. I didn't mention, but it's Minnie, Donald, and Goofy.

Make sure you get him the goofy hat!!! We where our goofy hats often at Disney, and between all our hats we get the MOST comments from cast members when we where those hats. Usually along the lines of “you guys look goofy!” Your will love the attention.

Goofy definitely is in character and great for interaction with the kids. We really enjoyed Goofy at Chef Mickey's and Epcot Character Spot. Both were really great!! I think Goofy is my spirit animal :goofy:

My sister and I are taking our kids in May...first trip for her and her son. My nephew is 5 and absolutely obsessed with Goofy and has been since he could stand. He does Goofys version of the hot dog dance about 20 times a day, every day, and has every version of the Goofy dolls imaginable.

Where are the best meets and character dining to have good Goofy interactions? I want to make sure he's not disappointed!
To make sure, book a dining event that includes Goofy. We've also seen Goofy at the front entrance of Epcot.

Last edited:
To make sure, book a dining event like Garden Grill that includes Goofy. We've also seen Goofy at the front entrance of Epcot.

Are you confident Goofy is at Garden Grill? I didn’t think he was unless that’s a recent change? :confused3 I only have Mickey, Chip, Dale, and Pluto in my pictures.

Are you confident Goofy is at Garden Grill? I didn’t think he was unless that’s a recent change? :confused3 I only have Mickey, Chip, Dale, and Pluto in my pictures.
I thought I remembered him, but I suppose I'm wrong. I'll edit my post.

No Goofy at Garden Grill! Pluto, Chip and Dale, and Mickey.

Goofy is my husband's favorite! He has the Goofy hat and wears it the whole trip. We always meet Goofy and always have great interactions.

We saw him last trip at Cape May Cafe in his beach gear. We've met him at a character spot in AK in his safari gear. He's in MK at the way back of the park by Barnstormer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!