Goodbye Bob - We Love & Miss You

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
It is now 3:02 and I have just lit two candles for our beloved friend Bob Varley. Before doing so, I watched the DIS tribute once more and remembered the little bit of Bob I was privy to as a DIS supporter and podcast listener. My emotions are so raw right now and I continue to find myself questioning why something so tragic and sudden had to happen.

Although I have never personally met Bob, I feel very close to him. I think that this is the true magic of who he was and why this outpouring of grief from around the world is upon us. Bob was a man who somehow connected us for a reason. I believe his wit, humor, and genuine kindness was what linked so many of us to him. I have never mourned the passing of someone I have never met face-to-face. Still, I find this feat harder than ever because of Bob's special ability to touch us all.

I strongly believe that there was a reason why Bob was introduced to us. Perhaps it was to show how far a little kindness could go on this sometimes dismal and cruel Earth. Or, maybe he served as Walt's personal messenger or...yes, even his spy. ;) Whatever the real reason, I am proud to be able to say that I knew him and could call him my friend. Maybe I never shook his hand...shared a Dole Whip with him...or got to play with his "kaht," but I did bond with him through this great community and our podcasts. I know that I will get to meet him one day and find comfort in this thought.

So, here is to you, Bob. Thank you for what you set out to accomplish. I know that you left us because God had more plans for you and I know you will carry them out in ways only you could do. Each time I visit Disney, as I did a few weeks ago, I will think of you and toast in your honor. Thank you for being a part of my life and know that you made an impact...an impact no one could take away or ever change. I will think of you often and continue to grow and learn from your caring nature and attitude. We all will.

Nicole

What a wonderful thing to say..

I also never met Bob and yet I have cried many times since his passing.. Sometimes it makes me feel weird that I can feel that way about someone I never met.. but thats the beauty of Bawb.. He touched so many people in so many ways.. He was an angel.. This has made me really dig down deep within myself to see the good in people.. :goodvibes

I am so sorry to hear of Bob's passing. I haven't been online much lately and am a little late in posting. I want to wish the very best to Bob's family and to the podsquad. I met him at the December podcast meet. He was a wonderful gentleman. We will all miss his voice and humor weekly. I, for one, looked forward to seeing what he would come up with. I feel lucky to have been able to share a little of his personality and warmth, even if only as a listener. I would have loved to have been there on Sunday. I'm so glad to hear how nice it was. I will say a prayer for the family and friends and may God bless you all. Bob will be missed.

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter