Good service from MS today

mab2012

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Today I had a waitlist come through to complete a patched-together 4-night stay. I tried to chat to merge the reservations, but after an auto-responder asked a series of questions - name, whether I was a DVC member (yes) and what I needed help with (existing reservations) - the chat service directed me to call MS and promptly "hung up" on me. It then presented me with the survey asking whether I was satisfied with the chat service. I wasn't, and said as much, mentioning that I just wanted to merge reservations and didn't want to have to call for something so simple. I then followed up with an email for the merge request.

A few hours later, I saw emails cancelling two of my reservations. Logged in to the website to check, and sure enough, my reservation was merged. I was pleasantly surprised by this, because a couple of threads I've read in this forum suggested that as recently as last fall people were waiting up to 7-10 days for reservations to be merged, so I was prepared for a lengthy wait.

The funny thing is that an hour or so later, I got this response to my email: "Our records indicate you were able to merge your reservations after your email was submitted." Implication being that by the time they processed the email, the change was already made.

My best guess is that someone read the negative survey response to the chat and proactively went into my account and made the change. Either that, or someone read the email, dealt with it, and didn't close the ticket? But I suspect more likely the former.

Either way, I was surprised and pleased by the turnaround time, both to efficiently process the request and even just to read and respond to the email. It's pretty rare that I contact a large business by email at a generic customer support address and get a same-day response. It seems like there's been a lot of negativity lately around Disney and the service they provide, so even though this was just a simple, routine request, it was still nice to have a positive experience.

Just thought I'd share.

Merges recently have been happening rather quickly. My last one happened in less than 24 hours (about 2 months ago ago).

My guess is that the chat CMs were all busy and the queue was long so you were directed to call because there would be less of a wait time.

I really don't like the, what is your concern, you should call, and hang up method. At least give the option of we are busy, you can call or wait 20 mins. Which do you prefer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter