IMADSNYLOVR

DIS Veteran; New DVC MEMBER
Minvan 7 days airport pick-up/drop-off
12-26 thru 1-02
Minivan-base $259.00-total $323.00
and
Economy Car(for my parents) base-168-total 216

I thought that was good.
Last year we paid $500 just for a minvan during August for a week.

Is this pretty good?

Sarah

Yes, I think for that time frame that your rate is very good. I just started looking for a minivan rental around XMAS, and Dollar was the best at either a base weekly rate of $259 for one week or a weekly rate of $227 when I rented it for 2 weeks. I need one week for my father, and 2 weeks for us. All the other rental car companies had a base rate of between $500 & $600 during this time frame - about double! It almost seems like Dollar hasn't realized that this is the XMAS season and hasn't raised their rates. Hopefully they don't figure it out!

I'd recommend anyone needing a car rental over XMAS to check out Dollar right now! The full-size and other cars aren't quite as much lower than the other companies, but the difference really is noticable on the minivans. I'd really decided we all needed to drive because I'd anticipated outrageously high rental car rates, but with these rates, we're hoping to be able to fly.

Have you tried using code kiss3....we got a great rate for Sept with that code.

I have been checking for the same week and that is better than I have seen. My trouble are the flight prices for those dates- how did you do on those?

The KISS3 code expires 12/18/04, so it won't help with a XMAS rental. The only discount I could find was the Silver Dollar Club which is for people over 50 which will work for my father. The discount was 5%. Couldn't find a discount for mine as I'm under 50, but the rate was about 1/2 of other companies.

I'm waiting for Southwest to release dates before booking airfare. From Tulsa, OK would be $350 right now, but I'm hoping for a best case around $230 or maybe up to $300 once Southwest releases dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter