Good price for tickets?

msminniemouse

DIS Veteran
Is the current special for 94.99 for unlimited 2 park 7 day and 99.99 for unlimited 3 park 7 day a good deal, or does anyone think there will be better deals coming out later? I am not going until Aug 09 and don't know if I should grab the tickets at this price, or wait to see if a better deal comes up?

Is the current special for 94.99 for unlimited 2 park 7 day and 99.99 for unlimited 3 park 7 day a good deal, or does anyone think there will be better deals coming out later? I am not going until Aug 09 and don't know if I should grab the tickets at this price, or wait to see if a better deal comes up?
You never know what Universal will do as far as ticket deals go. The current deal is pretty good but you could wait and see what happens but the prices might go up.

The best deal offered online in the past year was, IIRC, $80 for a 7day, 2 park ticket. That wasn't out there too long. For a longer time, they offered $85 for the same ticket. Then they added tax and a small handling fee.

I am a AAA member, and last spring was able to buy 7 day, 2 park tickets for $85, no tax, and a $5 per order (I had four tickets in my order) shipping charge. If I had gone to the local AAA office in person, I could have saved the $5, but my time and gas are worth more than that. :) I saw the AAA price briefly went down to $80, but is now $95.

As Metro West said, you never know what Universal will do. Current economic conditions suggest to me that fewer people will be coming to their theme park, in which case you'd expect them to lower prices - but that will depend on how much attendance is off.

My best sugest is buy the cheapest you can find now!!

Thet wonn't activate till you start using them!!

The Rip Ride or the Rocket coaster will be opening newt year and HP the following..Prices with these attractions will not be going down!!!!!!!!!!!

In april I was able to purchase 7-Day 2-Park tickets with the print @ home option for $80.98 (same price for child and adult). I have not seen it less than that since. I think the trend tends to point to the prices going up, so I would buy them now. Hope this helps =)

i have the ap but tempted to buy a few of the 7 day promo tickets in case one of my son's want to do universal next year during the summer.

the price for that promo is good, very good.

the last time UO had a multi day special pass was for 5 days 2 parks.

the 7 day one is new and popular.

i don't feel it will be around forever.
it still beats the gate prices for a 2 day 2 park pass.

when parry hotter land opens, i expect prices would be increased.
jmo.

if you are interested in the passes, buy them now.
many have given you places where you can get them.

buy them now and use them in the future.

i have the ap but tempted to buy a few of the 7 day promo tickets in case one of my son's want to do universal next year during the summer.

the price for that promo is good, very good.

the last time UO had a multi day special pass was for 5 days 2 parks.

the 7 day one is new and popular.

i don't feel it will be around forever.
it still beats the gate prices for a 2 day 2 park pass.

when parry hotter land opens, i expect prices would be increased.
jmo.

if you are interested in the passes, buy them now.
many have given you places where you can get them.

buy them now and use them in the future.

Do you think the Universal website is the best place to get them?
Also, I'm not sure if we might also want to go to Seaworld, Busch Gardens, and Wet and Wild. I thought I might have once read something about multi combo pass. Is there such a thing, and would I be better off getting something like that?

Be sure and take into account all the taxes and handling fees of the various places, not just the advertised price. For me, for four tickets, the best was Costco, even with the upcharge because I am not a member (and we don't have a Costco close to make it worth getting a membership). The biggest savings was that there was no tax and only a flat shipping charge instead of a charge per ticket.

Be sure and take into account all the taxes and handling fees of the various places, not just the advertised price. For me, for four tickets, the best was Costco, even with the upcharge because I am not a member (and we don't have a Costco close to make it worth getting a membership). The biggest savings was that there was no tax and only a flat shipping charge instead of a charge per ticket.

Thanks for posting about this. I compared prices on Universal website vs. Costco, and for 4 tickets, Costco was about $30 cheaper, and I am not a Costco member.
I forogt about the fact that you have to compare final prices and not before tax, shipping etc. is added on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter