Good place to stay for family of 6

jajsmom

Mouseketeer
Trying to book a room for in 2 weeks. Where is a good place on site to stay for a family of 6? How are the cabins at FW?

Thanks

When we're not staying in a 2-bedroom villa at a DVC resort, we usually book 2 connecting rooms at Pop. It's a great family resort!

We haven't tried it (but want to), but the cabins at Fort Wilderness will sleep 6. If you are interested in those you may want to check out the camping DIS board.

DJ

We're staying in 2 rooms at Pop. We've done this before and it seems to work out best for us. We don't even want connecting, just next door or even a door or two away. I want the most space I can get from my teens and still feel that they're a safe distance away! I am really interested in the cabins at FW though. I look at them online before every trip. The price is not much more than 2 rooms at Pop. Let me know what you think if you decide to stay there.

We will be staying in 2 rooms at POP for our Jan. Trip.
Its a fun resort. I have looked at the cabins in Ft. Wilderness, but people tend to post that unless you have a golf cart it is quite a pain to get around. I believe they are about $40 per day so you would have to add that on the price per night just for the cabin. Not worth it to us. Plus, with 2 rooms at a value you get 2 baths and 4 beds. The cabins only have one bath and one bed plus bunk beds and a pull out.

If you are looking for a room that holds six to be availalble in about two weeks, you may have some trouble. You are nearing Memorial Day weekend and everything might be booked already. Just ask the CM you talk to on the phone for their suggestions. Two rooms connecting (not guaranteed), one Family Suite at All Stars or one FW Cabin.

We will be staying in 2 rooms at POP for our Jan. Trip.
Its a fun resort. I have looked at the cabins in Ft. Wilderness, but people tend to post that unless you have a golf cart it is quite a pain to get around. I believe they are about $40 per day so you would have to add that on the price per night just for the cabin. Not worth it to us. Plus, with 2 rooms at a value you get 2 baths and 4 beds. The cabins only have one bath and one bed plus bunk beds and a pull out.

At FW they do have an internal bus system to help get you from your cabin loop to the main bus stops, these buses run about every 10 min. It is possible to walk from the cabin loops to the Outpost bus stop as well as to the quiet pool in the cabin loops. To get to the marina and the restaruant a bus would be faster than walking but it is a nice stroll if you have the time. Carts are nice but NOT required. A plus to the cabins vs two rooms is that you do have a full kitchen, another plus is that you can park your car right in front of your cabin(so if you drive to the parks and back, you don't have to hunt for a space at night). The pull out bed is actually a Murphy bed and is very comfy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!