good park shorts for size 12 women

sunnyshari

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

My family and I are going to Universal, Disney and Discovery Cove in a week. Can anyone recommend any good shorts for women that don't ride up while walking? I have some denim shorts but would like some comfortable, quick drying shorts that won't break the bank. I have a bit of a tummy and some cellulite on my thighs so anything that helps hide this while still looking cute and comfy is appreciated. Thanks!!

I quit wearing shorts/skorts to the parks a few years ago cause I was tired of them working their way up. So annoying! Now I just wear light weight capri leggings, with tunic tops to cover my behind. So much nicer! I don’t find them to be too warm in the hotter months either. I wore them last year in August and it was hotter than blazes. I found mine at Walmart for less than $10.

I wear skorts. Since I'm height challenged most come almost to my knees. I get mine at Academy Sports, bonus they have zipper pockets that are deep.

I have not been able to find any shorts that are breathable and don't chafe and/or ride up with the amount of walking and humidity at Disney. I prefer lightweight dresses/skirts with slip shorts underneath.

I'm a 10/12 on the bottom or a large. Smaller hips, but muscular thighs, middle aged mother in the middle, etc. I tend to wear athletic material skorts or running shorts in the parks when it's hot. In the cooler months, I'll do Kohl's Sonoma jean or khaki shorts. I tend to wear 3 inch inseams on shorts.

I've had a lot of luck with a brand of skorts I've found a Costco - Tranquility by Colorado Clothing. Really cute moisture wicking skorts - https://www.costco.com/tranquility-by-colorado-clothing-ladies'-skort.product.4000032003.html . I wear them when I'm a timer at my kids swim meets. No problem if I get soaked, they dry out fast. The inseam on these is nearly 5 inches.

I know, cheap and lame, but Old Navy running shorts.... Can't beat the price. Built-in panties. No problem if you sweat or get drenched. https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=831404292&cid=5508&pcid=5508&vid=1#pdp-page-content 3 inch inseam, but that doesn't bother me because they fit kinda loose.

I'm size 14 US and I wear Columbia light weight shorts. I bought them a year ago. They are loose, above the knee and never ride up. I'm guessing it's the looseness and the weight of the material that helps. I just had a look on their website but they no longer sell them in the UK but they might still sell them in the US

I usually wear bike shorts with pockets and either t-shirts or longer tunic shirts. However, any sort of bermuda length short shouldn't ride up.

I wear either Columbia or Eddie Bauer. I get the ones that come down to my knees and haven't had any trouble with the riding up.

Thanks so much for all of the replies. I'm going to check the recommendations out now. The only problem I've had with bermuda length shorts is that when I sit my thighs spread out and the shorts feel too tight. :teeth: Do you all wear sneakers/tennis shoes with skorts?

Bike shorts: Torrid (they have some with pockets too!)

Exercise/non denim or fancy shorts: Kohls or Boscovs-look for rebok specifically

Denim/fancy: torrid and kohls

I wear yoga bike shorts, mid thigh length if possible to prevent them moving up, with a silk or light weight sundress/dress over.

All of the shorts/capris/pants in the Columbia women's line are great. You can get various lengths and they are nice a cool, very packable, and quick wash.

Thanks so much for all of the replies. I'm going to check the recommendations out now. The only problem I've had with bermuda length shorts is that when I sit my thighs spread out and the shorts feel too tight. :teeth: Do you all wear sneakers/tennis shoes with skorts?
I always wore tennis shoes with skorts

Hi all,

My family and I are going to Universal, Disney and Discovery Cove in a week. Can anyone recommend any good shorts for women that don't ride up while walking? I have some denim shorts but would like some comfortable, quick drying shorts that won't break the bank. I have a bit of a tummy and some cellulite on my thighs so anything that helps hide this while still looking cute and comfy is appreciated. Thanks!!
Check out Eddie Bauer wash and wear shorts and capris!

I will second Old Navy running shorts! I’ve purchased all kinds of brands and I always go back to Old Navy. Lululemon is another fave and feels softer, but ON holds up just as well, if not better, and costs 1/4 of the price! Win-win.

I'm unable to wear most closed toe shoes so I usually wear sandals with support that can get wet like tevas or sketchers. If it's too cold for sandals I wear sketchers slipons since they have support and a wide toe box.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter