Good news thread

I had an issue with Behr paint and they offered to refund any money I spent on replacement paint. So I bought more and was suppose to mail off the claim and I just forgot. 6 months later I find the envelope with the stamp on it even and mail it, not expecting them to honor it because it was so long ago. And it was my fault for waiting!

I got the check, $76ish :) Wooohhoooo!

I got my letter from my mammogram thats says my ****ies show no abnormalities.:goodvibes--the asterick word starts with a B.LOL

a friend just called, very depressed with a lot going on in her life.

by the end of the (long :rolleyes1 ) conversation, the tears had stopped, & we were laughing at the silliest things.

she said that whenever she feels that everyone is just cruel & out for themselves, i always make her feel confident & happy to be alive again :goodvibes

friends are great:hug:

The good news is I am almost finished providing documents that the auditor has asked for. It has been a hectic almost 2 weeks trying to get piles of paperwork together. Another good thing is that it is an auditor I have worked with before and actually like.:cool1: The other two were nightmares.:confused3

Another good thing is I will get to take a personal day on Friday to spend with my son who is out for spring break. I haven't had a vacation day since right after Christmas and we can not ask for any more until June.:eek:

Congrats to everyone on their good news.

My brother in law came home safe and sound this week from his duty in Iraq!:worship:

Yesterday my cardiologist told me that my previous tests were false positives and detailed tests came back as normal so he really doesn't need to see me anymore.:woohoo:

Lauri

We are moving with an ABF trailer from AZ to CO. We finished loading today. We had reserved 19 ft but we only used 16 ft. So it came out to be $189 cheaper than we had planned! :woohoo:

DS made first honors for both trimesters so far this year after being transferred from his school that closed. DD is in the top 5 of her sophmore class. DH found a job in December after looking for 3 years and I actually can pay all the bills each month. My blood pressure is now low because I am eating healthier and can cut some of my pills. And I am most grateful that I am still able to walk during our upcoming Disney trip. (Dr's say that a walker and wheelchair is in the near future but I am a fighter and I want to win).:yay: :yay: :yay:

I have a friend that I do a similar activity with every day. Our agreement is to find 3 things that were positive in that day. Really puts into focus the little things and big things that we can be happy and thankful for.

This is a wonderful thread. I am sitting here smiling at all the good news. Keep it up. You are making my day.:love:

I made the decision yesterday to give myself one more year in MD and then I'm moving home to CO to live my dream....work and live in a mountain town like Breckenridge or Vail. I'm nervous but VERY excited. Now I just have to keep saving my $$$.

I just found out yesterday that my DD's new school that she will attend in July (year round), will open at 8:30. This means I don't have to put in her before school care. WOHOO! I have felt so bad for having her in both before and after school care due to my work hrs, so now she will only have do the after school care. Bonus is that I save $68 a month. That can go in her 529 plan. WAHOO!

Let's see. After being on maternity leave for 3 months, we were finally able to get back onto our budget last week. DH's overtime has been cut and we are currently losing about $800 a month, so that one is a biggie.

There was a great meat sale at the grocery store last weekend, so I was able to stock up the freezer and that felt great!

Baby DD turned 5 months yesterday and she is happy and healthy!

We paid off two bills with our income tax return and plan to pay 2 more with our rebate.

I'm thinking that the dream of finishing our basement will actually become reality next year! Goodness knows we need the space.

I forgot to add that I sold some of my old gold for about $200 last week also!

My first good news is pretty big :banana: My DS was a preemie & has speech delays & he's about to enter kinder & while looking for summer pre-k (in FL we have VPK which is free) He qualified for free pre-k at a private school (so YEII) & then I found the McKay scholarshp program for children with disabilities & he also qualified (2nd YEII). So he's going to be going to private school starting Kinder all the way through 12th grade. The scholarship was almost $12k a year until he graduates. The school will also give him speech therapy & special ed classes while keeping him in a mainstream class which is the goal we were working for ! :cloud9: We are literally on cloud 9. Because we could never afford a private school education for him.

My 2nd good news started as bad news but turned out ok. Our lease is up in June & I just had a gut feeling & called the owner & you guessed it he's going to sell so we have to move. Well I was getting ready to tighten the budget to save for first & security but the owner said he felt so bad that I could live out the last month in lieu of rent & that way I wouldn't have to wait to get my security deposit back ! & after I spoke with our realtor she said the market is so bad in So Fl she can find us a bigger place for what we pay now ! she even said if we wanted to splurge we could rent a 2 story house for about $100 more each month :dance3:

My DH says everyone will think we're rich with a son in private school & living in a new 2 story house ! :rotfl:

& my diet has been going so well I've lost a grand total of 26 pounds !!!! :cheer2:

Awesome news everyone!

Here's my good news for the day:

DD17 just got accepted to her #1 choice for college. :cool1: Not only was it her first choice of school, it is also within commuting distance so she will be able to live at home for another 4 years and continue to teach karate at her studio.

And to make it even sweeter, they're offering her $15K per year in scholarship money! :banana: It won't cover even half of the tuition but it is more than we expected from them! Looks like it's time for Mom to re-enter the workforce full-time.

My car had to go in today for weird brake noises. They estimated it to be about a $500 job. I said to do it. Turns out it was only $272!

Allyson :)

a friend just called, very depressed with a lot going on in her life.

by the end of the (long :rolleyes1 ) conversation, the tears had stopped, & we were laughing at the silliest things.

she said that whenever she feels that everyone is just cruel & out for themselves, i always make her feel confident & happy to be alive again :goodvibes

friends are great:hug:

that is sweet!!

DS made first honors for both trimesters so far this year after being transferred from his school that closed. DD is in the top 5 of her sophmore class. DH found a job in December after looking for 3 years and I actually can pay all the bills each month. My blood pressure is now low because I am eating healthier and can cut some of my pills. And I am most grateful that I am still able to walk during our upcoming Disney trip. (Dr's say that a walker and wheelchair is in the near future but I am a fighter and I want to win).:yay: :yay: :yay:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter