Good Neighbor hotels to get 60-day FP booking! Update: AND EMH!

I still don't think they will ever get to the "Universal" model of a paid express pass type thing - meaning I don't think they would ever get to the point of having to pay for even your first FP ... but I could see something where you could pay for extra FP or you get more FP if you stay at higher priced hotels (so Deluxes get 5 and maybe get 75 day access to book them - something like that).

Obviously they are also getting to the same end point with the VIP tours like the one at Animal Kingdom which is essentially paying for a FP for Flight of Passage ... at a minimum I expect similar things for Star Wars Galaxy's Edge
Maybe the offsite "Good Neighbors" would pay for theirs, but still get the same booking window....just a thought. They have to keep SOMETHING for onsite folks....

Maybe the offsite "Good Neighbors" would pay for theirs, but still get the same booking window....just a thought. They have to keep SOMETHING for onsite folks....

yeah, I definitely they would want to give something extra for staying onsite - and it might be more that "extra" EMH things like they did with Pandora (have those for when Toy Story Land, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, etc.) open as I think that is a bigger selling point to people. I know the 60+ day booking thing is huge for people that are like us and post here and are super into it, etc. - but I think for a lot of people it isn't that big of a deal ... and I am sure Disney had the data to show keeping this perk unique to their resorts wasn't worth it

Does anyone see any reference to the 60 day FP on any hotels website. I checked a couple and couldn't find any mention.

Could this be fake news? A change which won't be announced until it is about to be started? Sometime in 2018?

I was thinking the other day that with all their extra land, Disney ought to build a couple small communities on-site. They could rent the houses out to larger groups and you would still get the proximity and perks, while having the advantages of a house. Heck, they could even sell them. I would certainly buy one if I had the money (I don't).

It could be some kind of Club, for when you Vacation at Disney. Call it CVD or something ;)

Does anyone see any reference to the 60 day FP on any hotels website. I checked a couple and couldn't find any mention.

Could this be fake news? A change which won't be announced until it is about to be started? Sometime in 2018?
It has not been officially announced by Disney yet.

Making room reservations online at Disney's site has been down for over a week now. That isn't a software crash at that length of time. Something is afoot.

Making room reservations online at Disney's site has been down for over a week now. That isn't a software crash at that length of time. Something is afoot.

Might be your computer, it comes up just fine for me.

yeah, I definitely they would want to give something extra for staying onsite - and it might be more that "extra" EMH things like they did with Pandora (have those for when Toy Story Land, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, etc.) open as I think that is a bigger selling point to people. I know the 60+ day booking thing is huge for people that are like us and post here and are super into it, etc. - but I think for a lot of people it isn't that big of a deal ... and I am sure Disney had the data to show keeping this perk unique to their resorts wasn't worth it
Agree .. I would even argue that EMH doesn't draw your average guest to the resorts (except for people like us on the boards). Heck, a lot may not even know about it.

That is probably what they are finding out -- your typical (first timer/once in a lifetime) guest doesn't take advantage of the 60-day FP or the EMH. Or it at least isn't the major deciding factor on whether to stay onsite or not.

I bet a lot of people make that decision based on Magic Express and the bus/monorail/boat transportation or simply wanting to be at a "magical" Disney-run hotel inside the bubble.

In a dream world, I think Fast Passes give Disney the flexibility to use them as a reward/perk without really costing them anything extra. EMH probably costs Disney a ton of money to be open (and pay staff) for an extra hour or more. (Not to mention other operating expenses):

I would love to see these:
- Drop, EMH, but give every guest a fourth fast pass
OR
- Resort guests get 2 fast passes per day that you can schedule as normal at 60 days, and one use anytime/anywhere fast pass!

The thing is, Disney doesn't need any perks to draw most people to their hotels.

Agree .. I would even argue that EMH doesn't draw your average guest to the resorts (except for people like us on the boards). Heck, a lot may not even know about it.

That is probably what they are finding out -- your typical (first timer/once in a lifetime) guest doesn't take advantage of the 60-day FP or the EMH. Or it at least isn't the major deciding factor on whether to stay onsite or not.

I bet a lot of people make that decision based on Magic Express and the bus/monorail/boat transportation or simply wanting to be at a "magical" Disney-run hotel inside the bubble.

In a dream world, I think Fast Passes give Disney the flexibility to use them as a reward/perk without really costing them anything extra. EMH probably costs Disney a ton of money to be open (and pay staff) for an extra hour or more. (Not to mention other operating expenses):

OR
- Resort guests get 2 fast passes per day that you can schedule as normal at 60 days, and one use anytime/anywhere fast pass!

The thing is, Disney doesn't need any perks to draw most people to their hotels.

I think that is one thing that is clear - they aren't really that worried about getting people into the hotels and know that there will only be increased interest with all the new attractions and lands coming

And do your point about the first timers ... just imagine the people that are coming for the first time because they want to go to Star Wars Land - are they really going to know about FP+ and EMH and other "perks" of staying at a Disney hotel? No, they just know Disney had Star Wars Land and they will stay at Disney

Would love to see this change for Shades of Green. Can't beat the location and price but the prospect of not getting on the Star Wars rides would push my family on property. Its usually slim pickings for the 'hot' rides even at 30 days.

well... or maybe since Disney has outsourced their risk of filling the hotel rooms by primarily building DVC, they can afford to sell the 60 day window to their partners without fear of financial loss. Just another brilliant way for Disney to build a revenue stream out of an existing perk. Besides, even if they have down periods, they can always package room with tickets and offer free/reduced dining to help fill.

Hmmm....Cleared cookies, powered down and back up, and still getting the Stitch ate the page. Apple handshake issue?

I can't even get the website to load. The app works but I prefer the website & I can't open it on my iPad or phone since yesterday.

Just another brilliant way for Disney to build a revenue stream out of an existing perk.

Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but maybe this was like on a 10 year plan as a way to make more revenue even when it was originally conceived.

OR

I love EMH, especially morning ones, so I'd rather they didn't remove that.

I can see them not wanting to give that many anytime use fast passes, because part of the benefit of FP distribution is managing crowds to predictable levels. How about removing the tier 1/tier 2 restrictions for on-site guests only? Doesn't help at MK but sure does at the other 3 parks...

Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but maybe this was like on a 10 year plan as a way to make more revenue even when it was originally conceived.

Maybe. I wouldn't be shocked either way if this was always the plan or a new plan. If I had to guess, I would assume this was a loose idea floated around for quite some time that became more and more serious as they continued to focus on DVC. Eventually the math probably supported this as a prudent way to make money. I doubt it was a premade decision when they started their DVC focus 10 years ago.

It is an interesting revenue stream with both winners and losers as opposed to a cross the board price hike. It is generally good for consumers in it increases the competition among a larger supply of hotel rooms that have the 60 day perk. One loser will be DVC owners who rent points on the open market as it will temper the inflation of $ per point value. It is a big win for those who like to stay onsite in Disney hotels as the increased competition will keep occasional package ticket deals as a Disney staple. It will likely probably squeeze margins and force hotel chains to find ways to cut costs so they can afford this now "mandatory cost" of buying the rights to 60 day FP. A loser would definitely be staff who work in Disney partner hotels who will likely need to eat some of this cost increase. As the final and biggest loser, consumers who jump on last minute deals via partner hotels to fill rooms (i.e. Mousesavers type deals) will find smaller and less frequent discounts.

Just my 2 cent guess with no real knowledge

Hmmm....Cleared cookies, powered down and back up, and still getting the Stitch ate the page. Apple handshake issue?

Working for me here (I haven't gone as far as making the final booking). MacOS High Sierra/Safari.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter