Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast / Breakfast with Disney Character

Iain Chapman

Are we back at DLRP yet?
Hi All,

The options to have a "Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast" and/or "Character Breakfast" - do you have to book (and in case of Character Breakfast - pay) for this BEFORE arriving onsite - or can this be booked/paid for at the Hotel Reception?

Thanks

You can do either. If you are going at high season or weekend it might be better to book beforehand.

Reid

We've usually booked the character breakfast and Fantasyland breakfasts when we've booked the whole holiday and paid for it all together but I'm sure you can book them at your hotel and in that case I imagine you'd probably pay for the character breakfast when you're at the restaurant.

As Reid says I would (if you are going in high season) book beforehand just in case. The only other thing is that a lot of tour operators do "deals" for the character breakfasts (such as 1 adult purchase gives you a child free) and I think you have to do those in advance - too late when you get there.

In Feb Half Term 2004 when we arrived there were no Good Morning Fantasylands left for our 3 night stay so they do run out :(

Sorry - have just realised you are going in November so probably no need to prebook for availability reasons!

Miffy2003 said:
As Reid says I would (if you are going in high season) book beforehand just in case. The only other thing is that a lot of tour operators do "deals" for the character breakfasts (such as 1 adult purchase gives you a child free) and I think you have to do those in advance - too late when you get there.

In Feb Half Term 2004 when we arrived there were no Good Morning Fantasylands left for our 3 night stay so they do run out :(
I've been trying really really hard not to tease anyone about their typos but it took me ages to realise that "delas" were "deals" and not a fancy French word as in Space Mountain's "de la terre a la lune"!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I notice in some other threads that people have booked GMF breakfasts for several days of their visits - but then (for whatever reason) only turned up on some of these dates.

If you've booked GMF for several mornings - but then don't turn up...

a) Can you still obtain breakfast in the Hotel?

b) Is there a penalty?

I realise the other downside is that potentially someone else will have been unable to have booked a GMF due to over capacity - which you'd have wasted...

Also kind of interested in the idea of a Character Breakfast at Plaza Gardens - is this worth the money - it seems a little steep in price (£12 for Adults, £9 for Children) when you consider you've already 'paid' for breakfast as part of your Hotel Costs - and knowing my Children the little amount of Breakfast they will consume.

Just wondering - whilst I plan my options....

Thanks

Iain Chapman said:
Also kind of interested in the idea of a Character Breakfast at Plaza Gardens - is this worth the money - it seems a little steep in price (£12 for Adults, £9 for Children) when you consider you've already 'paid' for breakfast as part of your Hotel Costs - and knowing my Children the little amount of Breakfast they will consume.

Just wondering - whilst I plan my options....

Thanks

Iain, thats why we didn't do a character breakfast, because although my eldest DD will eat a horse for breakfast my younger two will nibble away on a couple of cornflakes and then say they are full up!:rotfl:
I think the price reflects the fact that you have already paid for breakfast in your hotel costs. Our character buffet lunch at the Lucky Nugget was 32 euros per adult and 15 euros per child so quite a bit dearer (about £22 and £10) but the food was delicious and by lunchtime my DD's are starving and will eat plenty!:drinking1

I love the character breakfast we've done it on both trips and I've booked for 2 mornings on our next visit - the plus side for us is that I've only had to pay for the kids for one of the days. It's a lovely way to start the day with lots of character interaction and a far wider choice of food, all that's normally included in the Hotel breakfast plus eggs, bacon, sausages, chips and fresh fruit flan types things with fresh cream ! - thank goodness we only do it once or twice a year :earsgirl:

Hi,

Could someone let me know what time the Good Morning Fantasyland breakfasts are served at? We tried the character breakfast last time we were at DLRP , but not the Good Morning fantasyland.

Thanks Kaye :wave2:

I don't really know the answer to this Kaye but I'm guessing it starts an hour before the official park opening time. I'm pretty sure it finishes at 10.30.

Thanks Di,

Doesn't sound too early then - just don't fancy the idea of trying to hurry seven of us toooo early in the morning!!

Kaye :wave:

Hi Guys,

Is anyone able to answer this part of my previous question please?

I'm keen to go back to the Travel Agent (whom already loves me due to various changes that have been necessary - and Disney's lack-luster responses) - in order to book the GMF, but given the number and whom are coming with me, I just need to be sure of the below.

Iain Chapman said:
I notice in some other threads that people have booked GMF breakfasts for several days of their visits - but then (for whatever reason) only turned up on some of these dates.

If you've booked GMF for several mornings - but then don't turn up...

a) Can you still obtain breakfast in the Hotel?

b) Is there a penalty?

I realise the other downside is that potentially someone else will have been unable to have booked a GMF due to over capacity - which you'd have wasted...

Thanks

Iain

I believe you have too book up for breakfast on arrival either a time slot in hotel or a GMF. I think therefore you wouldn't be able to get breakfast in the hotel but it will depend if they check on this.

Can Anyone else comment on this ?

Angela

I'm sure I remember reading a trip report recently where someone said they missed the GMF breakfast so decided to eat at the hotel and it was okay. Anyone remember this?

DisneyRGB said:
I'm sure I remember reading a trip report recently where someone said they missed the GMF breakfast so decided to eat at the hotel and it was okay. Anyone remember this?
Rhiannon I remember this also.
Iain I'm confident that there will not be a penalty, since you have already paid for breakfast as part of your package.

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter