~Good food is like music you can taste~ NEWS 07/11

Less than 24 hours to go!

Yesterday was my last day at work, which was a bit bittersweet, but today I am feeling wonderful!

I can print our boarding passes at 11:30, DMom & I have some minor errands to run and then it's home to pack :)

We are off bright and early (6am), first stop: Cracker Barrel, second stop: Buffalo Airport, third stop: FLORIDA!

I will be live posting on my twitter @thedisneyfoodie so please feel free to follow :thumbsup2

I am so excited for your wonderful accomplishment! What better way to celebrate than with a Disney trip? And aren't the rest of us so lucky that you love to share your experiences with us?!

I can't wait!

This sounds like fun! I am joining in to follow you and pass the time as I wait for my trip in 17 days!!! Many of your wishlist items are also on mine for this trip :)

2 Weeks!!

I can't believe that two weeks from today I will be on a plane to Florida :goodvibes This is easily the shortest amount of time I've ever had to count down to a Disney vacation.

Snacks & Drinks Game Plan

With all the fantastic snack and drink options at WDW you've got to have a game plan! :lmao:

Here's the items on my wishlist for our upcoming trip:

MAGIC KINGDOM
- Dole Whip
- Dole Whip Float! (never tried this and I need to!) I had this on our last trip and it just was NOT as good as the original... interested to see what you think :)
- Citrus Swirl (I have a feeling DDad is gonna love this one. He loves creamcicles)
- Cotton Candy from the Confectionery (it's a tradition!)
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese Pretzel (I've heard such great things!) This is on my list as well... sounds sooo yummy! I go through a jar of jalapenos at home each week.. it's an addiction!

EPCOT
- LA CAVA DEL TEQUILA (sorry for the "shouting" but I love this place!)I want to go here!!! Please give details...
- School Bread, Rice Cream and Waffles from Kringla Bakeri
- Caramel Corn & the Caramel Pecan Cluster from Karamel KucheCaramel corn sounds amazing right now!
- Rosa Regale and Prosecco from Italy
- Chocolate Crepe from France
- Grey Goose Slush This is on my list too! YUM!!!
- Fish & Chips (it is absolutely blasphemous that I've never tried these!)I would love to try this but a bit worried since we have a 5:30 ADR at Flying Fish and we'll be exiting near this booth... do I dare try it before we go to dinner? lol...

ANIMAL KINGDOM
- Frozen Lemonade
- one of the cute cupcakes from Kusafiri CafeI love the way they look!

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
- Carrot Cake Cookie
- Red Velvet Cupcake

We're Here!!​

We arrived this afternoon and we have a lovely room in Cabanas 9A at Coronado. The weather is wonderful, mid-80s and it was slightly overcast, but cleared around 5pm.

Dinner tonight was Chefs de France and I was a touch off my game....I missed one picture :sad1: so sorry!

Because we had been up since 5am and it had been an insanely long travel day we wanted pure comfort food.

We each had the French Onion Soup
IMG_8550.jpg

And some of the delicious (& warm!) French Baguette
IMG_8551.jpg

DMom & DDad each had a glass of merlot and I stuck with Coke.

We also shared an order of Escargot (this is the picture I missed out on). They were tender, coated in luscious garlic parsley butter and we goggled up every single one happily.

The total bill, including tax, 18% gratuity and Tables in Wonderland discount was $76.

Tomorrow we are having lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern and dinner at Kona Island Sushi! :thumbsup2

So excited to read along with your dining travels
Keep it coming, it's getting me excited for my trip next month :hyper:

So excited to read along with your dining travels
Keep it coming, it's getting me excited for my trip next month :hyper:

Thanks for reading!

Can't wait to read more :)

More coming up in a few minutes :)

very excited to read a live report - have a fantastic trip

Thanks for reading! I love doing my reports live (though sometimes Disney's internet service makes it tricky lol)

Hope you all are having a delightful trip, can't wait to hear more :)

We are having a great time :) There has been a little bit of rain, but not enough to stop our fun!

Update​

Hi everyone! We are still having a great time. Some thunder storms have rolled in this afternoon and caused us to change our plans slightly. We moved our Via Napoli reservation to Monday and we are going to Jiko tonight :)

Main Street Bakery​

Our first morning is always spent at the Magic Kingdom. Typically, this is during a 9am opening, but this trip our first full day happened to be an early Extra Magic Hour morning. We are a bit weird in that we don't particularly care about the big ticket rides at the Magic Kingdom.

We arrived at 7:45am and there were two small crowds of maybe 200 people at either side of the entrance. They were lined up at the tunnel entrances and the center of the Mickey floral was....EMPTY! Everyone was there for the rides. It felt like we got a private viewing of the Welcome show as there were so few people at the center!

After the rope drop, we slowly wandered up Main Street to the Main Street Bakery for breakfast.

IMG_8556.jpg

DDad and I shared the croissant and the glorious (albeit lopsided :rotfl:) cinnamon roll and the chocolate milk. DMom had the banana, the water and the blueberry muffin.

Everything was fresh and delicious. We sat the the tables out front of the plaza and just enjoyed the world going by. We saw bunnies, ducks with their ducklings, squirrels....and hordes of people rushing off to rides :lmao:

Liberty Tree Tavern​

Along with our traditional first morning we have our traditional first lunch!

Sadly, the Tavern Fried Cheese has changed. I saw one order delivered to another table and it was just mozzarella sticks - and they looked different as well.

With that in mind, we tried another favorite: the Crab & Spinach dip.

IMG_8574.jpg

This item was a bit different from the last time we tried it as well. First off, the portion was much larger. The dip was more heavily seasoned in a good way. It tasted a bit like old bay seasoning. The spinach was chopped finely and there were large chunks of lump crab throughout. It was also finished with diced tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Delicious!

IMG_8575.jpg

DMom & DDad each had the Pilgrim's Feast. Now, DDad had a serious bone to pick here - they.changed.the.gravy! And dear god did we hear about it LOL. He was not pleased. It's not that it was bad gravy, but it was different. It had a more distinct poultry flavour and a heavier seasoning that tasted....well brown, like bouillion. The old gravy was a 10, this was about a 7.

IMG_8576.jpg

I had the New England Pot Roast and it was just as fantastic as it has always been! Fork tender and rich, creamy potatoes and rich wine gravy. Wonderful and no changes to report.

IMG_8577.jpg

I was also presented a cupcake to celebrate my "Personal Triumph" of getting into the MBA program :)

I have the receipts for all the meals I have posted and I will update with pricing and TIW savings later.

For now: I'm off to Jiko! :thumbsup2

Wow the dip looks amazing! Can't wait to hear about Jiko, as we had a very bad dinner there last May and hopefully hearing something good will make me want to try it again some day.

LTT looks really good - I think DH would really enjoy it
Love the little patriotic cup cake !!

Congrats on getting into the MBA program!!!! Best wishes!

I am thoroughly enjoying your reviews. Keep 'em coming!

I'm still here guys!! Heading out to Epcot tonight for dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel. I will update when I get back tonight :)

Joining in! The last-minute-ADR fairy was certainly being kind to you. Or perhaps the credit card guarantee is indeed helping. Who cares, I want to know about your two CG dinners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter