Good 200 calories mini meal

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for several mini meals @ 200 cals. I have had success in the past eating several 4-5 mini meals. I'm looking for inspiration to help me get psyched about getting fit & healthy. TIA

Have you seen the cookbook, "Hungry Girl: 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories" by Lisa Lillien? I just recently bought the book, but all of the recipes I've tried have been outstanding so far. I bought it at Barnes and Noble, but I just noted Amazon.com has it for $12 instead of $19. If you've got a 40% off coupon for Borders or B&N, it would be a pretty good deal. I made the roasted veggie platter with the French Onion dip for a superbowl party and it was a huge hit.

FlatOut wraps are 100 calories each with 8 grams of fiber. Oroweat makes a sandwich thin which is also 100 calories with 5 or 6 grams of fiber. You could fill either one of those with a serving of lunchmeat (about 60cal), some mustard and spinach, red peppers, etc. Very filling!

Vitamuffins Muffin Tops are 100 calories each. You can find them in the freezer at the grocery store. Eat it with a yogurt that is 100 calories and you have a great breakfast.

Well..... I count points and not calories, so I am not really familiar with exactly what 200 calories would look like... but this is probably a decent guess.

100 calories of nut butter on a whole wheat english muffin,

Laughing Cow light cheese wedges (35 calories per) on whole grain crackers or Wasa crisps, topped with fruit salsa (SUPER yummy),

a piece of fruit, a half piece of light cheese, and 100 calories worth of nuts (tiny portion but healthy fats),

huge salad (baby spinach, other greens, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, etc) with a few ounces of grilled chicken or grilled shrimp and a serving of light salad dressing (and maybe some calories left for croutons??),

a smoothie.... a bit of nonfat vanilla yogurt, half a frozen banana, a bit of skim milk, a scoop of protein powder or peanut butter, maybe an ice cube or two,

1/2 C lowfat cottage cheese with 1/2 C crushed pineapple (if you like your cottage cheese sweet), or top the cottage cheese with some chives and enjoy with a few Wasa crisp crackers,

a whole wheat wrap loaded with a tablespoon or two of guacamole or avocado, some lean protein (chicken, ham, shrimp, cheese, egg whites??), baby spinach, thinly sliced cucumber, shredded carrots, chopped tomato,

All this talk of food is making me hungry. I need to go to bed!!..............P

Thanks for the great suggestions. For breakfast I've had a packet of oatmeal with a small container of sugar free applesauce. Low cal and filling.

My favorite thing recently has been oatmeal as my mid morning snack, sometimes for both breakfast and the snack! 1/4 cup of quick oats is only 75 calories, and then i add a small amount of dried fruit (loving the cherries and berries mixture), some unsweetened dried bananas, and a 1/4 cup of Bear Naked Fit Granola, or crumble up half of a Kashi Dark Chocolate Cherry granola bar. It doesn't take any time at all, it's amazingly delicious (I also add2 Splenda or Stevia Packs), and it's less than 200 calories total. Plus, it keeps me full for hours because of the fiber!

greek yogurt and granola mixed in. lots of protein!

a smoothie with protein powder and ground flax

half a wheat bagel with peanut butter

Some of my favorite mini meals -

Fat free Greek yogurt, tablespoon of sliced almonds, and a cup of strawberries. Yum!

1/4 cup Hummus and a big pile of veggies.

Protein shake and an apple.

pepperidge Farm 100 calorie sandwich thin with 2 tbsp of hummus and sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, or sandwich thin with peanut butter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter