"Gone With the Wind" should go the way of the Confederate Flag

No, you shouldn't panic. it's not going anywhere.
first the article was written as an opinion piece.
second, the newspaper it was in is not what I would call even remotely a good source. It's one step up from National Enquirer land.

I find the NY Post today as one of the best papers in NY. It is not what it was in the 80's and 90's. It is the only paper in NY that is increasing circulation. Daily News is being sold, and the NY Times is no where near the greatness it once had.

I wonder when there will be a call to remove the Lee House from Arlington. It is a memorial dedicated to Robert E. Lee. Gone with the wind was a love story with a sub plot of how life changed in the south during and after the Civil War.

The whole conversation about this tragedy is so insane... A guy shoots a bunch of people and instead of a frank discussion about gun culture we're rushing to ban flags and books/movies. But hey, it makes a good distraction. Maybe people will forget the one element all of these massacres have in common!

ABSOLUTELY!

No one was killed with a flag. It is a distraction from what the real conversation needs to be about.

That being said, I have no problem with removing a symbol of slavery and anarchy. Banning books and media, though, is abhorrent to me and a violation of our constitution.

I don't think GWTW should be banned - for the same reasons others posted above: the story itself, the significance of the film/cast in movie history, and not least the simple principal of not banning films! (like not banning books!!)

I do like the idea of removing the confederate flag from the state house, but I don't think it should be "banned" either. It's in private homes, old TV shows, certainly history books, and making it disappear won't change the past. But flying it at the state house doesn't seem to represent what the state wants to stand for now.

I'm a bit surprised that Amazon has decided to quit selling the flag. They were pretty stubborn about some way more questionable things.

Interesting note: I heard on the news that Gone With The Wind suddenly because the best selling movie at Amazon. Strange irony if true.

Interesting note: I heard on the news that Gone With The Wind suddenly because the best selling movie at Amazon. Strange irony if true.

The AR15 is currently the most popular rifle in the US. Prior to the 1994 "Assault Weapons Ban", nobody wanted them.

I'm a bit surprised that Amazon has decided to quit selling the flag. They were pretty stubborn about some way more questionable things.

I'm not surprised. Have you seen the prices for the General Lee? Wish I had a couple to sell. ::yes::

Not a fan of censorship nor erasing history. How else do we learn from it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter