Gone But Not Forgotten – My Family's 10 Days of DDP (with Pictures!) - Updated 4/7

Great reviews. I love that you put the check-in and bill time. I think, Disney has the art of serving you fast which I love for a sitdown meal. So far, you guys have had some great food and I can't wait to see the rest!

We arrived a few minutes before our 5:05 pm ADR but we waited at least 40 minutes to be seated. It felt and looked like everyone who checked in after us was seated before us! People were being turned away at the check-in kiosk in front of Canada. One of the hosts played Canadian trivia with guests waiting, but in the end it was just us sitting there. I was getting very cranky. :mad: We were finally seated and Heather was our waitress.

After our orders were placed we received the bread. We split the pretzel bread in 4 as well as the other’s. Pretzel bread is our favorite though and is delicious with the beer cheese soup but I prefer it just with some butter. We ended up asking for extra pretzel bread. :lovestruc
1003830_1.jpg

Our drinks came out. I love that you can get their “special” drinks on the DDP here!

DS7 had the Vanilla Shake.
1003829_1.jpg

DS13 & I had the Red Maple - Raspberry smoothie with a splash of Sprite. It was very good.
1003827_1.jpg

DH had the Niagara Refresher - Mango smoothie with a splash of Cranberry. He liked his too!
1003828_1.jpg

Both DH & I had Cheese Soup Bowl for an appetizer which we paid out of pocket for. I like this soup a lot with it’s smokey (peppery?) taste. Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup - Made with Moosehead Beer and Smoked Bacon Cup $6.99.
1003832_1.jpg

DS7 also had the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup for his appetizer which came with the kid’s meal. I don’t think he finished it, but someone at the table did! ;)
1003831_1.jpg

Then our entrees arrived.

DS7 had the …. Drum roll please …..

Hot dog and fries. That’s my boy. He doesn’t like “steak” so I was glad he ordered something he would eat.
1003834_1.jpg

DS13 ordered the New York Strip Steak - topped with bercy butter and served with Gruyere Yukon Gold Potato Gratin $34.99 As you can see, he switched the potato gratin for French fries.
1003836_1.jpg

A strange fact about DS13 is that is still can’t figure our how to use a knife properly to cut his meat. He is a Boy Scout and can use a pocket knife for just about anything and can cook anything at scouts, but put a tender piece of meat in front of him with a steak knife and he would cut through the plate before he cut through the meat. :rotfl: So, he had finally finished about ½ the steak when he decided he was done. We took the large leftover half back to the hotel room. His review is “it was juicy and once I added the salt it tasted really good.” Sigh. :upsidedow

Now, I have ordered the Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon the previous 2 visits to LeCellier. I didn’t really like the taste the first year and shocked myself when I tried it again in 2008. Now, if you’re still around after my raving review of Chef Mickey’s, I might finally lose you here. :rolleyes1 I think the filet mignon tastes a bit like liver. :eek: I know, you’re wondering what’s the matter with me? We used to eat liver once in awhile growing up and I’d take a big bite of mashed potatoes and put a piece of liver in my mouth and swallow it whole. But I swear part of the flavor / texture reminds me of that.

So, did I order it again? Will this be another Mama Melrose’s cheesecake drama? NO WAY! :goodvibes

I ordered the Coffee-rubbed Kansas City Strip Steak - with hazelnut butter and cream cheese mashed potatoes $32.99. (DH ordered the same thing.)
1003833_1.jpg

Now, are you wondering if it tasted like liver too and I’m whacked? You'll actually be surprised to know that I don’t even like coffee and yet I ordered the Coffee-Rubbed steak! However, I had one little bite of this last year when my mom ordered it and I thought it was good.

Let me tell you, I cut it. I put it in my mouth and I shut my eyes as I slowly chewed. It was heavenly. :littleangel: I needed to shut my eyes and concentrate on this piece because it was SO amazing. Nothing was going to take me away from that piece of meat in my mouth! When I ate the second piece, I had to shut my eyes again. Honestly, just one more bite without the real world butting in. Delicious! :cloud9:

Now you can see the piece is quite large. I couldn’t finish all of mine, but DH was very helpful in cleaning my plate! So, did he like it? DH is still searching for coffee rubs, he liked it so much! :surfweb:

DS7 didn’t want dessert. AGAIN! :scared1: I was able to get fresh fruit in a cup to take back to the hotel with us though for breakfast.
1003840_1.jpg

DS13 ordered the Maple Crème Brulee. He liked it, but left about half. Since I hadn’t eaten all of my steak, I had room to help him.
1003838_1.jpg

I wasn’t going to pass by on dessert! I got my favorite. Maple Crème Brulee and DH ordered the Apple Tart AlaMode.
1003839_1.jpg

We were “celebrating” our 15-1/2th wedding anniversary that day and they did this cute presentation. We aren’t going to Disney for our anniversary for a long time, so I thought it would be cute to do something that evening. I thought my Crème Brulee was as delicious as always and DH thought the apple tart was good but I think he would have rather ordered the Chocolate Whiskey Cake.

You can bet we will return here!

ADR: 5:05 pm
Check time: 6:51 pm

4 TS Credits Used
Total Cost covered by DDP $167.93
OOP (soups) $14.90

LEFTOVER BUMMER – :sad2: So as you probably recall, we took DS13’s steak and DS7’s fruit back to the room. When I went to put them in the hotel’s refrigerator, the refrigerator had frozen all the sodas and waters, so I turned in down to 5. Tuesday morning when I went to get the fruit out for breakfast, the refrigerator hadn’t been cooling on level 5 and it was warm inside. The fruit was getting furry and I had to throw it away along with the jumbo left over steak. Honestly, I don't know when or how we would have eaten that steak since we didn't have any forks or knives, but I wasn't willing to throw it away and now I had to.

Awesome review! it's too bad about the filet since thats what i want to get when we go in may :eek: haha

Your reviews are just awesome- I just finished lunch, but I'm hungry now for some reason... :rolleyes1

Looking forward to more!
:goodvibes

Now, I have ordered the Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon the previous 2 visits to LeCellier. I didn’t really like the taste the first year and shocked myself when I tried it again in 2008. Now, if you’re still around after my raving review of Chef Mickey’s, I might finally lose you here. :rolleyes1 I think the filet mignon tastes a bit like liver. :eek: I know, you’re wondering what’s the matter with me? We used to eat liver once in awhile growing up and I’d take a big bite of mashed potatoes and put a piece of liver in my mouth and swallow it whole. But I swear part of the flavor / texture reminds me of that.

Confession time, I had the same reaction to the much touted Filet with Mushroom Risotto, as did the friend I was dining with. We didn't get the fuss as it tasted like liver and was therefore kind of gross. Fortunately I've been to Le Cellier on 2 other occaisions and had amazing meals, so that experience didn't put me off.

Thanks for the reviews they are great, I'm really enjoying them. They are helping me get through my long 6 month wait until I'm back at WDW.

Hi, sorry I'm late .... but I'm joining too! :goodvibes I know this is a dining review, but just have to say those pics at DHS of your two sons together are just heart-melting! :goodvibes

Of course I am just loving the food reviews too. Mmmmm! I also really like how you give a breakdown of the costs and DDP credits used for each meal.

BTW: on page 2 (dont want to quote a pic because of space) but is a Mickey Premium Bar now $3.59??! :scared1: They were under $3 when we were there last Easter. If so, no more OOP Mickey icecreams - it's snack credit or nothing

We are heading to Disney in Nov this year and Le Cellier is top on our list (as dictated by my girlfriend). I absolutely LOVE coffee and saw this on the menu. I'm so glad you liked it! It's likely the steak I plan to order when we're there....

I like coffee so much - that I fell in love with a local microbrewery here in Ohio that makes "coffee beer"....yes, you read that right "coffee" and "beer" as one! :drinking1For me - it doesn't get any better:rotfl:

I'm late to the party too, but I'm lovin' your reviews.

Makes me wish I had a trip planned for the future!

OMG that ice cream cookie sandwich!:worship:

I'm so happy to check in and see your reviews (and pics) from your day in Epcot! I don't remember those drinks at Le Cellier, but we've only been once and the kids were smaller then, so milk or water would have been the options for them at that point. ;)

I told DH that you did the DDP and you're posting the costs of your meals for comparison purposes and he said, "So are you going to see how it all works out for her, or are you going to go through all the menus yourself and do the math?" (I have a Math degree and I work in Finance, so I'm a bit of a number-cruncher, if you must know :laughing:)

But, you know what? I don't feel like crunching numbers for my vacation (yet). It's a few months away so I might get bored and do it, but, honestly, you are so detailed, I may just see how it all works out for your family!

Keep up the good work! I'm very impressed!

Lovin your reviews !:worship: You went to many of the places I'm looking forward to for our upcoming trip.

In all our trips, we still haven't had that ice cream cookie sandwich, but after seeing it again, I'm putting it on our list ! :thumbsup2

Loving the reviews so far. I LOVED Le Cellier and I also had a good experience at Chef Mickeys. Your review of Ohana and especially the picture of the bread pudding is making me reconsider taking it off my list. I too have read a lot of negative reviews of it lately so I decided to book elsewhere, I may have to have a shuffle and see if I can fit it in.

Looking forward to more

Enjoying your reviews. Thanks for the Starring Rolls lunch pics. It is a must for us every trip for b'fast but have never tried lunch. It is now on our list for next trip. Keep up the good work.

Better late than never joining in. Loved the wrestling pics. Our oldest was ranked 6th in the nation when he was a kid. also loved the PWD car. Our youngest just won the Tiger division of PWD today. LOVE Le Cellier. It is one restaurant that everyone has requested when we go back for this Christmas.

Sunday was just as crazy! DS7 finished his pinewood derby car. We’re from WI and DS7 loves football. What else would it be...
100_5266.jpg

Oh-I love this!!! We live in MN, but DH and his hundreds of relatives are all from WI, so you can take the Packer out of WI, but you can't take the Packer out of the Packer right???

Love your report! I have Starring Rolls down for our DHS lunch, and am wondering what you get with the CS credit? It looked like sandwhich, chips, drink, and dessert..is that right? Are there kid sized Sandwhiches-or would my 7 year olds share that mammoth ham sandwhich??

Can't wait to see more!:)

Thanks! DS7 took Best Looking Wolf with it this weekend. Glad that's over!

Yes, at Starring Rolls you get the sandwich, chips, drink and any dessert. Unfortunately, I don't remember if they have any kid's meals there. Everything is so big though that sharing is certainly a good option. DS13 helped with my ham and I'm pretty sure we didn't finish the cupcakes.

Great reviews. I love that you put the check-in and bill time. I think, Disney has the art of serving you fast which I love for a sitdown meal. So far, you guys have had some great food and I can't wait to see the rest!

Once you're in you do get served quickly. I never noticed any pushy servers so I thought the pace was just right. We enjoy sitting down for a meal every day even on vacation, all four of us really like the down time and family time.

Awesome review! it's too bad about the filet since thats what i want to get when we go in may :eek: haha

I felt really stupid with my review of the filet after I typed it. I really wanted to like it, so many others did and I didn't understand why I didn't. I grew up eating steak and enjoy filet mignon but it just wasn't :love: for me. I'm so glad I tried something else because the Coffee-rub was wonderful.

Certainly go ahead and order the filet on your trip. If you're looking forward to it, you would be really disasppointed if you didn't end up getting it. They always say everyone should try it for themselves.

Your reviews are just awesome- I just finished lunch, but I'm hungry now for some reason... :rolleyes1

Looking forward to more!
:goodvibes

Thanks! I really miss those restaurants and that food when I look back on the pictures!

Great reviews!!

Jen

Thanks!:goodvibes

Confession time, I had the same reaction to the much touted Filet with Mushroom Risotto, as did the friend I was dining with. We didn't get the fuss as it tasted like liver and was therefore kind of gross. Fortunately I've been to Le Cellier on 2 other occaisions and had amazing meals, so that experience didn't put me off.

Thanks for the reviews they are great, I'm really enjoying them. They are helping me get through my long 6 month wait until I'm back at WDW.

Thanks! I think I tossed and turned half the night and wondered if I should take off my review of the filet. LeCellier will remain a must do for us. Now that I found the steak for me, I hope they keep it around!

I'm sure 6 months will fly by. We don't have another planned, but I just finished DS' autograph books tonight and DS7 said something to me about our trip this year. I didn't have the heart to tell me we weren't going.

Ohhhh! I am loving your reviews! You are eating at loads of places I'm planning on!

Thanks Sonya. I can't believe you're reading my reviews. I've read yours and they are wonderful! If I remember right you and your DH love ribs, I'll have to find a picture from our trip to WCC in 2008 just for you!

Hi, sorry I'm late .... but I'm joining too! :goodvibes I know this is a dining review, but just have to say those pics at DHS of your two sons together are just heart-melting! :goodvibes

Of course I am just loving the food reviews too. Mmmmm! I also really like how you give a breakdown of the costs and DDP credits used for each meal.

BTW: on page 2 (dont want to quote a pic because of space) but is a Mickey Premium Bar now $3.59??! :scared1: They were under $3 when we were there last Easter. If so, no more OOP Mickey icecreams - it's snack credit or nothing

Thanks! Yup, the Mickey bar is over $3. It is certainly a yummy use of a snack credit!

Great reviews. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

Thanks! :)

I am jumping in late but LOVE the reviews!

Thanks! Life caught up with me and I got behind. It's time to get back into it!

We are heading to Disney in Nov this year and Le Cellier is top on our list (as dictated by my girlfriend). I absolutely LOVE coffee and saw this on the menu. I'm so glad you liked it! It's likely the steak I plan to order when we're there....

I like coffee so much - that I fell in love with a local microbrewery here in Ohio that makes "coffee beer"....yes, you read that right "coffee" and "beer" as one! :drinking1For me - it doesn't get any better:rotfl:

I will certainly order the steak rub again! It was so delicious! I've never heard of coffee beer, but I'm from Milwaukee so I'm not surprised! They do have a cupcake club that meets once a month in Milwaukee and one month they all made cupcakes with beer. :thumbsup2

I'm late to the party too, but I'm lovin' your reviews.

Makes me wish I had a trip planned for the future!

OMG that ice cream cookie sandwich!:worship:

Thanks! Wish I had another trip planned too!

I'm so happy to check in and see your reviews (and pics) from your day in Epcot! I don't remember those drinks at Le Cellier, but we've only been once and the kids were smaller then, so milk or water would have been the options for them at that point. ;)

I told DH that you did the DDP and you're posting the costs of your meals for comparison purposes and he said, "So are you going to see how it all works out for her, or are you going to go through all the menus yourself and do the math?" (I have a Math degree and I work in Finance, so I'm a bit of a number-cruncher, if you must know :laughing:)

But, you know what? I don't feel like crunching numbers for my vacation (yet). It's a few months away so I might get bored and do it, but, honestly, you are so detailed, I may just see how it all works out for your family!

Keep up the good work! I'm very impressed!

Thanks! I love number crunching too! Excel is my best friend. I have always been ahead on the DDP by at least a few hundred dollars. In 2008 we were $661 ahead and that was just ordering what we wanted. I'll total up the trip at the end of my review. I've already done the preliminary and it looks good! :thumbsup2

Lovin your reviews !:worship: You went to many of the places I'm looking forward to for our upcoming trip.

In all our trips, we still haven't had that ice cream cookie sandwich, but after seeing it again, I'm putting it on our list ! :thumbsup2

Thanks! You can find it at AK too, but I still don't know where!

Loving the reviews so far. I LOVED Le Cellier and I also had a good experience at Chef Mickeys. Your review of Ohana and especially the picture of the bread pudding is making me reconsider taking it off my list. I too have read a lot of negative reviews of it lately so I decided to book elsewhere, I may have to have a shuffle and see if I can fit it in.

Looking forward to more

We have been to 'Ohanas twice and loved both times. Every time my DH looks at the pictures he starts making weird groaning noises. :laughing: It sounds like late ADR's have the most problems, so I'd try and stay away from them, but otherwise I would certainly suggest trying it out.

Enjoying your reviews. Thanks for the Starring Rolls lunch pics. It is a must for us every trip for b'fast but have never tried lunch. It is now on our list for next trip. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! I think Starring Rolls is the hidden gem at DHS for lunch! It reminds me of Sunshine Seasons sandwiches and desserts and they were wonderful too!

Great reviews again! That Cheddar soup looks yum-o! :goodvibes

It was great. Can't say we were too disappointed DS7 didn't want to finish his. ;)

Better late than never joining in. Loved the wrestling pics. Our oldest was ranked 6th in the nation when he was a kid. also loved the PWD car. Our youngest just won the Tiger division of PWD today. LOVE Le Cellier. It is one restaurant that everyone has requested when we go back for this Christmas.

6th in the Nation - WOW! We just had our end of year wrestling party tonight. I am looking forward to a week with no running! Congrats to your Tiger! We start reminding DS7 before we start building the car that our family just doesn't win derbies with fast cars. We use our "artistic ability" to win best looking. That's the only way they'll ever get a trophy. :rolleyes1

Just found your review, you're doing great! Love all the pics! I noticed your DH's Menomonee Falls tshirt and realized you're from WI, too.

Yup, I let DH pack his own clothes and he brought that old shirt along. I almost didn't post the picture with him in it, cuz the shirt looks like it's seen better days! Last week was wonderful in Wisconsin - spring like - a sure sign is when boys are in shorts in the low 60's. :upsidedow I'm glad we didn't the 5-7" of snow like they first thought!

Looks like you've got a trip coming up very soon! Lucky!

OMGosh!!! I am loving your review!!!!! Your pictures are wonderful and your choices are very similar to ours. I can hardly wait for more!!!!

Mary

Thanks! It's time to get back on the review wagon! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter