Golf Trip Help

LuigiSpice

Mouseketeer
I don’t know if there are any golfers amongst us, but I am considering WDW as a possible spot for my annual golf trip. Amazingly there is very little if any information out there about packages offered. The only webpage I found hasn’t been updated since 2016 so I’m assuming it isn’t going to help.

So, has anyone done this? Did you have to plan it day by day or is there anywhere I can get to help put a package together?

Any help would be appreciated.

I don’t know if there are any golfers amongst us, but I am considering WDW as a possible spot for my annual golf trip. Amazingly there is very little if any information out there about packages offered. The only webpage I found hasn’t been updated since 2016 so I’m assuming it isn’t going to help.

So, has anyone done this? Did you have to plan it day by day or is there anywhere I can get to help put a package together?

Any help would be appreciated.
I have not personally done it but these links to the individual Disney courses might help.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/lake-buena-vista-golf-course/https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/magnolia-golf-course/https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/palm-golf-course/

I travel every year (except for 2020, damn you COVID!) to the Orlando area in October for our annual golf trip. It is me, my brother, and 4-6 other friends. We usually fly in Thursday night, play 18 Friday, 36 Saturday, take Sunday off and watch football all day, 18 Monday, 18 Tuesday, and fly home Tuesday night.

There are MANY great golf courses in the area. I definitely would not limit yourself to the Disney courses. What we do is we only book our first day tee time in advance, and then for all of our other rounds we go on Golf Now the night before and book it. We have never had trouble doing it this way, and there are always a ton of options. This way, if it rains, you aren't feeling well, or anything else comes up you are not stuck with a tee time you scheduled well in advance. For our group, typically how much we decide to drink the night before will determine what time we want to tee off the next day.

If you want any course recommendations, hit me with a PM.

I golf at WDW on a regular basis, and I never grow tired of the courses including the 9 hole walking course. Having said that GoofyDad_4427 is correct about others in the area. I am a long time fan of Celebration Golf as well as the Disney courses.

We are gonna do the 2 or 3 of the Disney courses then Hawk's Landing and Streamsong.

Do they take disney gift cards at the Disney courses?

I would love any course recommendations. We are planning a first trip Nov 2022 and I know my husband is looking forward to playing 2-4 times. Not all Disney courses.

Just be aware (since this is the SOLO board) that the Disney Golf Courses will not give a solo golfer a reservation at this time. We were just there in the beginning of May, and my husband could only call the day before to try to set up a tee-time. It may have been because of COVID, I'm not sure, so YMMV. Just be aware. He did manage to get on by calling the day before without a problem, but times were more limited than if you set your tee time in advance.
Also, I know for those staying DVC, so probably other resorts as well, if you are playing a WDW golf course, the resort will give you vouchers for a cab there and back.

DH doesn't technically take a golf trip there. but he does golf virtually every day we're at WDW. He has to sit down and individually plan which course for every day of his trip.

I cut and pasted this from a PM I sent another poster, but here are my recommendations for the area. I would highly recommend booking the night before on Golf Now. There are so many great courses there, that you can always get a good deal and that way you aren't stuck playing if the weather is bad, your schedule changes, or you aren't feeling well:

For courses, everyone's favorite is the New Course at Grand Cypress. They have 45 holes there, but the New Course is different than the other 27 in that it is replicated after St Andrews and is links style. We also almost always play Hawks Landing which is located at the Marriott World Center, as there are usually good tee times and it is in great shape. I'd also recommend the two courses at Orange County National, called Panther Lake and Crooked Cat. They used to have the Q school finals here, and both are kept in great shape. They also have a great practice area, so they are a good choice for the first day if you want to get a little extra warmup in. We have played the Waldorf Astoria course many times, all of the Disney courses, and the Ritz Carlton where they are having the PNC father/son challenge this upcoming weekend. All were in great shape every time. Another favorite is Tranquilo, but since it was taken over by the Four Seasons it has become extremely expensive and i never see deals for it. Both Championsgate courses are also very nice.

When booking we will take any of these courses. I will mention that if there is a lot of rain the previous day, we usually call the course first before booking because sometimes they will make them cart path only after a lot of rain, and that can easily add a lot of time onto the round and it becomes a pain in the *** real quick. We learned that one the hard way. Most of these courses have regular prices in the $80-$150 range, but on Golf Now we can usually book most in the $60-$80 range. The New Course is the only one that my entire group is willing to pay full price for, that's how much everyone likes it.

Thank you so much for the advice. I am sending it to my husband so he can start looking things over now lol. I truly appreciate the thoroughness!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!