Golf Cart Rentals Orlando

tylerzmommy

Earning My Ears
Anyone have any recent experience with them? We will be at the Fort from
Jan 19-28 and would like to rent a golf cart. I called and got a quote from Mark (?) who told me that he was out of the office until Jan 2nd for Holiday but gave me a rough quote of $285 for the week we will be there. I also spoke with Kelly at Tee Time and she was delightful and very thorough but their cart is going to run a little over $400 for the week. I wanted to see if anyone had any experience to share with GCO before I make a reservation either way. Kelly was very upfront with the fact that their deposit was non-refundable so I want to be sure I’m making the right decision before I make any decision at all. Thanks!!

We've used Kenny's Tee Time many times. The pickup and return are off site which means you go somewhere and pick up the cart, bring it to your campsite, then return the trailer. It's a pain but we do it for longer trips because of the considerable savings. His carts are not always in good shape, particularly the battery pack. We haven't used GCO. Please post if you use them and leave a review.

I’ve been looking for a different thread like this! Though not a newcomer to Disney our May visit will be our first time staying at Fort Wilderness. We have rented an RV (so excited!!) and site and are now looking for a golf cart and bicycles. We heard that non-Disney carts provide better rates BUT we are not planning on renting a vehicle. So like tylerzmommy (OP) I am looking for information and advice within this subject area. Is there any way to rent offsite yet within the parks? Does anyone deliver or transfer rentals at Fort Wilderness?

Kenny used to deliver and pick up, but Disney put a stop to it. Sometimes a guest has a rental and is leaving when we arrive and we are directed to pick it up at their site or someone picks up at our site when we leave, but that isn't the norm. We often drive to the parks with the exception of MK. We ask for a site near the main swimming pool and really only use the cart to get to the marina or Trails End. We're thinking of passing on the cart in the future. Stayed at FW 10+ times.

Does Golf Cart Rentals of Orlando drop off at Ft. Wilderness? I could meet them outside in the parking lot and drive the cart in if need be but I don't want to go somewhere and pick up offsite. Currently I have a golf cart rented from Fort Wilderness and will keep it if I can't get some one to either drop off at campsite or I can pick up in the parking lot outside the check in area.

Does Golf Cart Rentals of Orlando drop off at Ft. Wilderness? I could meet them outside in the parking lot and drive the cart in if need be but I don't want to go somewhere and pick up offsite. Currently I have a golf cart rented from Fort Wilderness and will keep it if I can't get some one to either drop off at campsite or I can pick up in the parking lot outside the check in area.

From what I understand, both Tee Time and GCRO must meet the guest off-site at least 1 mile away from Disney property. Both are very clear about this. In fact, both quoted the same driving distances (10 minutes, I guess it takes 10 minutes to go 1 mile in Orlando!) as where the guest would need to meet them to pick up the cart. Hope that helps!

I’ve been looking for a different thread like this! Though not a newcomer to Disney our May visit will be our first time staying at Fort Wilderness. We have rented an RV (so excited!!) and site and are now looking for a golf cart and bicycles. We heard that non-Disney carts provide better rates BUT we are not planning on renting a vehicle. So like tylerzmommy (OP) I am looking for information and advice within this subject area. Is there any way to rent offsite yet within the parks? Does anyone deliver or transfer rentals at Fort Wilderness?

How exciting -- you will love FW! To answer your question regarding a drop off at FW, the answer is NO. You'll have to meet the provider off-site to get the cart. I know sometimes the provider may have a trailer that you can borrow to drive the cart in, but you'll definitely need a vehicle if you go the off-site route. If you are really sure about a golf cart but you won't have a vehicle, I'd rent directly from Disney but you will definitely pay a higher price for that. Hope that helps!

I may have to try GCRO if the actual quote (which I can't get until Jan 2nd b/c their office is closed for the Holidays) matches what they have posted online. I am really nervous to do that since it doesn't seem that anyone has any experience with them but DH is insistent that a golf cart isn't a "necessity" anyways (he'll change his mind after a long day in the parks and think I'm a genius at that point! *roll eyes*) so I've got to go with whatever will be the least expensive UNLESS someone has really bad experience to share. I don't want to throw money away! ;)

I'll post more info on their service as I get it in hopes it may help someone else in the future!

I will have a rental car and not thrilled to "borrow" someone else's vehicle and since I am the only licensed driver I guess that I will just pay the higher price for the Disney cart. Thanks anyway.

From what I understand, both Tee Time and GCRO must meet the guest off-site at least 1 mile away from Disney property. Both are very clear about this. In fact, both quoted the same driving distances (10 minutes, I guess it takes 10 minutes to go 1 mile in Orlando!) as where the guest would need to meet them to pick up the cart. Hope that helps!

Disney property does not end at the resorts. If you take a left out of FW on to Vista Blvd and keep going straight it's all (or almost) Disney property until you get to Winter Garden Vineland Rd (1.8 miles away). Disney has a lot of backstage stuff like warehouses and a distribution center on that road. So they then need to be at least a mile from there and then have a place they can meet you. I know you meet Kenny's people in LBV and I have a feeling the other place does too, I have rented from Kenny a few times. I have google mapped it out and it's actually 4.2 miles from the exit of the Fort to where you meet. It's a very easy and quick ride. I have had it take between 45 min and a hour from the time you first leave FW to get the cart until you are back for good. It's less then a $10 Lyfy/Uber ride each way.

So has anything changed on this, I know places like scoot Orlando deliver ECV’s right to the resort.

So has anything changed on this, I know places like scoot Orlando deliver ECV’s right to the resort.
ECVs are different than golf carts. Stand alone golf cart rentals still need to be picked up off property. The "I don't know" part comes in when someone rents a camper/RV from a local vendor and the golf cart is included as a package. They might be able to bring them on site with the camper rental.

The "I don't know" part comes in when someone rents a camper/RV from a local vendor and the golf cart is included as a package. They might be able to bring them on site with the camper rental.
We have done just that. We rented a camper w/golf cart package from Florida Camper Rentals. When we got to the Fort, both camper and cart were there for us..

I rented a cart from Kenny's Tee Time this past trip. I wasn't a fan...we had to replace it twice during our stay because it wouldn't charge. I'll do the FW carts now and pay the extra $10/day or whatever it is now.

I may have to try GCRO if the actual quote (which I can't get until Jan 2nd b/c their office is closed for the Holidays) matches what they have posted online. I am really nervous to do that since it doesn't seem that anyone has any experience with them but DH is insistent that a golf cart isn't a "necessity" anyways (he'll change his mind after a long day in the parks and think I'm a genius at that point! *roll eyes*) so I've got to go with whatever will be the least expensive UNLESS someone has really bad experience to share. I don't want to throw money away! ;)

I'll post more info on their service as I get it in hopes it may help someone else in the future!

Did you end up using GCRO? I am looking for a rental other than Kenny for our October 2020 trip.

We just talked it over and decided no weekly cart rental for us (darn it) next year. Disney's cost doesn't make money-sense for the usage we'd have and nDH doesn't want the hassle of the offsites. We drive to the parks (dropping off & picking up the dog en route) and take the boat to MK. So the only time we'd really use it would be if nDH had to pick me up at the bus depot since he often leaves the parks earlier than I do (lightweight!) or if we dropped one off by the depot for me to drive home. Just not enough to justify the cost.

We rented a cart for one day last time and it was fun tooling around, but we didn't do much else with it but 'loop the loops'. May do that again.

Yea! We are booked! My kids will be so happy we have this. I got the 6 person cart for 11 days,for $585...that's $53 for the day! The golf cart is so much a part of what we like to do at the Fort. With the parks closing earlier in October, I see lots of "looping" in the evening!
I still would love to hear people's experiences with GCRO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!