Golf cart insurance

Are we required to have insurance on our golf cart? Thank you!
In our state (Arizona) we are required to have insurance on any vehicle. Electric or gas. Also have umbrella insurance to cover using vehicles at places like Disney when using their carts or private rentals on property.

The Fort doesn't ask for any proof of insurance. Ask your agent if you are covered under your homeowner's policy. Every state varies in their coverage.

I just called our company to double check if we were covered when we rent a cart and luckily we are in the same way we would be covered renting a car.

Update: I called our insurance (Farm Bureau) and our cart was not covered. Added coverage on for around $10 a month. We use ours a lot, just hoping we never need it.

Bumping this thread.. Any changes to providing Proof of Insurance and is there a min of how much insurance you should have proof for? We are camping for the first time in August and bringing our own cart:)

When we used to take ours to the Fort we had it on our auto policy for something like $25 per year. This included all of the coverages on our vehicles like liability, theft and damage. Seemed like a bargain to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter