Gold AP Voucher Frustration

Marionnette

Children see magic because they look for it
I have 4 DVC Gold AP vouchers that I had upgraded from 7-day hoppers back in 2018. I had never linked 3 of the vouchers to my MDE profile. I had always figured that I could link them when I needed them. The fourth one was linked back in April, 2021 when Gold APs still existed.

Well, Saturday I tried to link one of them to my account...just to have it in there. At first, it looked like it linked okay. The card number was accepted and it asked who I wanted to link the "Magic Pass" to. So far, so good, right?

Well, the pass didn't show up under my tickets. Now, I admit that there are a lot of older tickets linked to various phantoms in my MDE account but not one of them was a DVC Gold AP Exchange ticket. It was no where to be found. But knowing Disney IT, I decided to wait a couple of days to see if maybe it would eventually show up.

As of this morning it hadn't.

So I called. First the number on the website that comes up if you try to link a ticket again. That one just put me on hold without even wait music.

Then I did a search on the Disboards, figuring that someone smarter than me had a direct number to ticketing. I did find a post from a couple of days ago but that number is no longer in service.

I finally found a number for tech support through Google and got connected to a CM who tried his darkest to solve the issue. I think he probably needed a a break after to passed me along to what was supposed to be ticketing.

More time on hold and I finally connected to another CM at....tech support! UGH! But this guy knew everything that I had discussed with the first CM, looked things up, escalated it to ?, and finally came back on to tell me that they had fixed it and my voucher was now linked in my account! Yay!!!! I think I'm in love with this guy! Three hours on the phone will do that to you.

So, long story short: For any of you lucky folks who have Gold AP vouchers (or maybe Silver or Platinum, too), be prepared to spend time on the phone trying to sort out a mess. It could just be that the problem comes from the vouchers being tickets that were upgraded to Gold APs. Regardless, let this serve as a warning to anyone with "previous metal" AP vouchers. I'm glad that I got the issue resolved but geez!!!! I have spent so much time on the phone with Disney IT over the past year that I feel like we should be exchanging Christmas cards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter