Going With The Flow - Day 4 - 24th July 2009

wicket2005

<font color=deeppink><marquee behavior=alternate>H
Morning

My phone died in the night, it shouted out for help but I ignored it, bad person that I am, as a result it was totally dead when I woke up.:scared1: Sadly I cannot revive it because I have brought an older model of the reviver. Consequently, the alarm didn't go off so we have got up a touch later.

Me and Ian have just had some breakfast and going to do the secret vote soon.

The choices are Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Universal, Islands, Sea World or Kennedy Space Centre. Tricky voting today.

Voting has taken place - Epcot 1 Kennedy 1 and Islands 2, so we will just have a leisurely stroll to Islands this morning.:goodvibes It is just as well as we are up a bit later so making it for rope drop at a Disney park may be a bit tight.

Wish you were enjoying a holiday here too Kymie.:goodvibes

Off to Islands now cya later.

News on a bear ran across the I4 and got hit a few times.:scared1:

Poor bear :sad1:

Hope you are having a great day :cool1: What is the weather like?

have a fab day. i am so green with envy right now.

Hey, can we get in on this voting lark ? :goodvibes

Haha I love that idea Andrea. If you get a tied vote Bev can we be the casting one? :lmao: ;)

Hope your having fun at IOA....we are in the middle of a big storm with lots of thunder, lightning & hailstones! I know where i'd rather be! :rolleyes:

lol you lot had us laughing. My male folk banned you from voting as they suspect you would send us to Magic Kingdom everyday - I wouldn't mind though.:goodvibes

Just had a fantastic time in Islands, allows makes us laugh. We did The Hulk, Dr Doom, Popeye (4 times in row), Dudley, Jurassic and Duelling Dragons. The weather is glorious, Jen, and other than that rain early evening we have not seen it. I think it is going to rain early evening, hopefully just for a while, but it is still hot.

We just had our first churros and had a pizza for lunch. Now going down to the pool for a relax. Ian has just nipped to the Millenium Mall to take some tee shirts back.

Forgot to say before we saw a snake slither across our path as we walked back to the Royal Pacific, only a very small thin brown one, I don't think it was a Moccassin (sorry about the spelling) or anything it dived into the water. It was more scared of us, like most wildlife it will get out of our way. Though my Dad once told me a story about a lizard being found in a container at the dock, it scurried away and was chased by some dockers, though all of a sudden it turned round and started chasing the dockers. My Dad said it was really funny.:rotfl:

Just had another relaxing time by the pool, reading, dozing, nipping and sipping yet another cocktail. This one dedicated to Mandy, our very own DISuk Christmas fairy, bringing us and preparing us all for Christmas every year.:goodvibes

Anyway getting pressure of Ian now to get back on the road again, he is back from the Mall with some new purchases. We are intending now to go and see the animals at Animal Kingdom and then catch the fireworks at Epcot but this depends on the weather.

Next time you have a churro think of me! Me and my lot LOVE Churros!! I did Popeyes barges for the first time last time we went - and couldnt believe how wet we got!! I have to admit I underestimated it, and walked funny for a few hours lol! :lmao:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm CHURRO's :worship: :love:.I love them,they go especially nice with a frozen lemonade from UNI/IOA :worship:.
Great day so far--poor bear :sad1:.x.

Churros are on special at the moment buy one get one half price.

I think a lot of people underestimate Popeye ride at IOA, because it is one ride you are guaranteed to get soaked on. We very much enjoy people watching on this ride and everyone has a good life on it, no matter where they are from. Just getting soaked is funny in any country.:goodvibes

Well after I left you we headed down to Animal Kingdom just to look at the animals, though we were pleasantly surprised to find the safari ride only had a 10 minute wait, as a load of people were heading to it after the parade had finished we reckoned it would be longer than that so fast passed it and went to see the gorillas instead.

I love seeing the gorillas, none were really walking round that much today though. Afterwards we went on the safari and saw several hippos out of the water or half submerged which was class. After this we walked up to Everest and were amazed to find a 10 minute wait so jumped in this line, it turned out to be a 20 minute wait but that was okay. I love this ride. We followed this up with a walk round the Majarah Jungle, the tigers were very active, 2 were in the pool initially. One jumped out and as we walked to the glass viewing area we spied some big trapdoors open, we were surprised when one of the tigers jumped out of it. There must be tunnels under the path to the different exhibit areas for them to go in. Two of the tigers also gave us a little bit of a show by spring up on their hind legs at each other which was lovely to see.

We had intended to go on the Dinosaur ride but it was closed so we decided to leave the park and head for Epcot. We had done everything we wanted to do in Animal in any case.

At Epcot we walked straight on to Spaceship Earth and had a good laugh at the ending. We then dipped into the cafe near to it, it is just okay food but it looked like it was going to rain so we thought we would just grab something to eat in there. It fills you up but isn't anything to write home about.

We walked down into the World Showcase, the rain didn't come, though we could see lightning in the distance. We very much enjoyed the fireworks, they are fantastic.

We headed out of the park, we were supposed to be stopping off at Walmartś but I couldn't be bothered and neither could the lads, so Ian was out voted so it was straight back to the hotel.

For the first time we couldn't find a car park space in the normal hotel car part and had to park in the conference parking which was quite a distance away. Not exactly what you need after a busy day.

Anyway I just want to dive in bed now. I will try and upload some photos tomorrow, just too tired now. Night.

Glad you enjoyed your cocktail Bev :thumbsup2

Another action packed day, I look forward to seeing you pics ::yes::

BTW, we love the ending at Spaceship Earth, it always makes me smile :)

sounds like a really fun day :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter