Going With The Flow - Day 3 - 23rd July 2009

wicket2005

<font color=deeppink><marquee behavior=alternate>H
Morning,

I had a really good night's sleep and am ready to go out for another fun day. The choices are today are Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, having another secret vote.

Off to get ready now.

Afternoon Kymie, yes it is quite fun deciding on the day. The choice is based on the parks quietest days which at this busy time of the year to go is quite essential.

Anyway the vote was 3 to 1 today for Hollywood Studios. Gary voted Animal Kingdom as with his sunburn he didn't think he could pull the shooter on Toy Story Mania fast enough to win.:rotfl: We may pop in Animal Kingdom afterwards just to see the animals but it will depend on how we feel.:goodvibes

Going to get my bag ready now, cya later.

I love your secret votes, such a fun way to decide! I LOL at Gary's reason for not going to DHS. :rotfl2:

Hope your having a great time!

I LOVE that you all vote on where you want to go - it's kinda planned but with an element of choice as well :thumbsup2

looking forward to your update and top tips :worship:

Thanks for wishing us fun.

We just grabbed breakie in the room from stuff we had bought from Walmart then headed down to HS, just after 8 am, it took about 20 minutes. What we have noticed about the parks this year is they have reduced the opening times by one hour, US usually stays open till 10 but shuts at 9 now, HS today was shutting at 7 instead of 9.

We were one for the first in and headed to the rope drop. A kind CM suggested we wait in her shop to the left in the a/c, we stood by the furthest door and waited for the rope drop. Then we were in and off to Toy Story Mania.

Bevś Holiday Tip 6

If you want to go on Toy Story Mania go for when the park opens, everyone heads in that direction in any case, to the right people head into the line for fast passes. Get one of your party to grab fast passes whilst you wait in line as far as you can, then ride the ride. This way you get 2 goes on the most popular ride in the park.

We laughed at an American woman who was talking to someone else she was saying she didn't know why people were all rushing in our direction but she decided to follow. Good job she did otherwise she probably wouldn't have got on the ride.

Another American man really annoyed me because he actually pushed in in front of me. Usually the Americans are like the British and line up probably not like some of the South American countries who will push in. I was quite shocked at how he did it because he split us up, I soon put him straight and we were all together again. We all enjoyed TSM it is such good fun. When we left there was already a 40 minute wait.

There was a 35 minute wait for ToT (we don´t do waits) and RnR had a 30 minute wait. We decided to do single rider on RnR and were straight on. Craig didn't go on as he doesn't like sitting next to a stranger. We grabbed a fast pass for ToT (45 min wait at 9.55) and then went back on TSM which was now showing a 80 minute wait at 10 am.

Afterwards we grabbed a snack, yummy key west lime pie for me, love it and drinks. We grabbed another fast pass for RnR before using our FP for ToT. This ride and Dr Doom are the only ones in the area that make me feel nervous but hey it was okay. My heart got a good workout.

Next we did the Muppets which only had a 5 minute wait followed by American Idol. The singers were pretty good. We then decided, voted, to leave the park at 1 pm popping in a jewellery shop on the way out on the right. It had all the Disney charms in but I was unsure about the silver as a few people have said it looks different to the Pandora silver.

On the way back we called in Premium Outlets and grabbed a sub. We were all fading a bit so headed back to the hotel for a rest and are now going down to the pool.

Fab im really enjoying your report!! Its really working out for you deciding on the day what to do x
have fun tomorrow feel silly saying thats ur in orlando of course you will have fun !

Glad you had a lovely day in DHS. I can't wait to to TSM again. :cool1:

Personally I think the Chamilia charms are a different colour to Pandora, they are brighter. Hence the reason I am doing the seperate bracelet....you need to get another bracelet. ;)

Sounds like you are having a good day so far. :thumbsup2 Thank you so much for doing the live report - it is so much fun to read.

Lovin the report!! Must be lovely to just take things as they come! My poor lot do it commando style (march march march - not the 'other' commando style :lmao:)

This computer is a nuisance just typed an update then it disappeared. So here it goes again.

Kymie - actually now you mention it my lot actually do do the parks the other type of commando.:rotfl:

We have had a nice rest by the pool, I read my book, had a snooze and a dip in the pool. I also had my next cocktail, the same as the other day because my cocktail advisor decided to rest in his room, Gary. This cocktail was dedicated to Claire Pinky166 for her bravery in driving for the rest time in the madness of the traffic in tourist Orlando, whilst very poorly and being pulled over for overtaking a policeman:scared1:. A Pinky Classic thanks for sharing.

It looks like a storm is coming so not too sure what we are doing next. We had planned to go into Universal but we are waiting to see if one of Orlando's famous downpours is going to occur.

We had quite a strong thunderstorm and were a bit undecided as to what to do, as soon as we had made a decision to go to a Mall, the rain calmed down so we headed over to Universal as originally planned.

We had just got to The Mummy and the rain came down again so we stayed on this ride for a couple of goes and between dodging between downpours we made it across to MiB and The Simpsons. All of which were great fun.

We left the park and headed into City Walk. Craig fancied a whopper from Burger King who have just opened their first in the world Whopper Bar. I don't know what difference it was because I don't usually buy food from them. The meal we got was okay typical quick burger but it is handy for City Walk to have a few fast food restaurants, there was also a Panda something Chinese quick food and a Moes, don't know what this sells.

We headed back to the hotel and are now getting ready for bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter