Going With The Flow - Day 12 - 1st August 2009

wicket2005

<font color=deeppink><marquee behavior=alternate>H
I thought the vote today was for Islands so everyone has been leisurely getting ready but then Gary asked who had voted for what and I said me and you voted for Islands and he said he didn't, he voted for Hollywood Studios. He had just put a H which also looked like an I when I opened it. So in a bit of a dash now to get there for opening, cya.

Thanks for reading. It is very hot and humid, we quite like the heat.

We managed to get to HS before opening which is essential at this time of the year. At the rope drop we split up me and the lads going in the a/c shop at the left whilst Ian went to the right of the line near the rope drop to get fast passes for Toy Story Mania. We were informed by the CM at the furthermost door that he wouldn t be opening the door till the crowds at the rope drop had passed but I wasn t bothered as it was better waiting in the a/c room. Ian got fast passes for TSM and we then rode it straightaway. Craig had shared a load of tips for the ride with Gary and some with us so he got the 3rd highest high score for that time of the day.

We then went to do Tower Of Terror and were unfortunate enough to experience 4 drops, Ian and Gary went off to do Rock n Rollercoaster single rider whilst I waited with Craig. Craig doesnt like doing this single rider, we picked up fast passes whilst we waited.

The lads were a bit hungry so we stopped off in the little cafe for cake and drinks. I picked a custard slice that turned out to be a lot bigger than I thought so Ian had some.

Next was TSM again, which was great fun before doing Rock n Rollercoaster, we then had a browse round the shops before leaving the park.

Back at the hotel we quickly got changed then walked to Islands for a cool down on the water rides. Universal/Islands/onsite hotels/citywalk are all very busy on a weekend. The lines for FOTL were a lot longer than normal but still way shorter than normal lines, again if visiting these parks do them during the week.

We did Popeye twice and felt really cooled down then grabbed some lunch at the Thunder Falls restaurant. I only had french fries because I wasnt feeling that hungry.

We then did Dr Doom before leaving the park. Now I am updating and enjoying a cool down in the room. I think Ian is off to a golf shop with Craig I don't know if Gary is going. I am not sure what we will be doing next.

Bev,
If you're still in the room, have fun this evening. If you don't read this until later then I hope you had fun. I've been reading each day though not always chiming in and certainly have been enjoying your vacation. Thanks.

Thanks for reading, I enjoy reading your reports too.

We headed off to the Florida Mall, Gary nearly didn't go as he was feeling tired and wanted a snooze. He had a little rest then decided to come with us. We had a short wander round the Mall buying a few things before heading back to the hotel.

Then panic set in as Ian couldn't find our 2 year AP passes for Universal and Islands. We searched high and low but couldn't find them, I remember seeing Ian with them at the Thunder Falls restaurant when we paid. So I don't know what happened to them, Ian was convinced he had put them in the safe.

Anyway I had photocopied the backs of them and we all had ids which we took to guest services and 2 minutes later had new passes. I thought this would happen and wasn't upset Ian had lost them as accidents happen but was relieved they were reissued so quickly.

We headed into Universal and went on The Mummy and Men in Black a couple of times before catching the fireworks. On the way back to the hotel we grabbed some supper from the fast food outlets, me and Gary opting for Panda Express and Ian and Craig Moe's Mexican food. All of which was lovely.

I popped into the Fossil shop before heading back to the hotel. Citywalk was very vibrant. gary stayed in the lobby to use the free internet wi fi and we headed back to the room. Golf on the tv so no doubt I will be asleep soon.:lmao:

Another fab day Bev.

Have you decided where your off to today?

Another great day Bev. Glad you were able to get your AP's sorted out quickly

Where are you off to today ? :confused3

We were supposed to be having a sleep in this morning but both me and Ian have woke up just after 5 am, then going into Universal but I am not sure.

Just catching up Bev.Love your pics,as always.So glad you managed to sort out your AP's,we always take copies of the backs of our tickets as well :thumbsup2.x.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter