Going with a 2 1/2 year old.

Cinderella822

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip to Universal for next summer. My granddaughter will be 2 1/2 by then. She's pretty tall for her age and will most likely be 36 inches by the time we go. I'm just worried there won't be enough to keep her entertained. I realize the adults will be able to have fun on the rides but hoping there is enough for her to do. We've gone several times in the past but never with a child, so I have not really paid attention to what they have for kids. Will she be able to do most of the things in Suess Landing? She loves Dr. Suess. Thanks!

There are 4 rides in Seussland, (One fish, Two fish, Cat in the Hat, Caroseussel, Trolley) At 36" I can't think of any reason she would not be able to do them all. There is also the playground there. Cute areas to explore (Horton's egg to sit on, book store, character meets) Water play area in Toon Lagoon also. IOA is just a high energy place. Flight of the Hippogriff may be 36". She could possibly do Kong and Pteranodon Flyers if not a fearful child!

Universal has a kids play area which I haven't visited in a long time, back beyond ET. Woody Woodpecker coaster (like Barnstormer at Disney?) 36"with adult. Fievel play area (water play), the animal actors show. Kang & Kodo's twirl & hurl. Looks like Despicable Me Minions is 40".

Last edited:
There are 4 rides in Seussland, (One fish, Two fish, Cat in the Hat, Caroseussel, Trolley) At 36" I can't think of any reason she would not be able to do them all. There is also the playground there. Cute areas to explore (Horton's egg to sit on, book store, character meets) Water play area in Toon Lagoon also. IOA is just a high energy place. Flight of the Hippogriff may be 36". She could possibly do Kong and Pteranodon Flyers if not a fearful child!

Universal has a kids play area which I haven't visited in a long time, back beyond ET. Woody Woodpecker coaster (like Barnstormer at Disney?) 36"with adult. Fievel play area (water play), the animal actors show. Kang & Kodo's twirl & hurl. Looks like Despicable Me Minions is 40".
“Despicable Me” also has a row of stationary seats that littles under 40” can use. They don’t move around:

Stationary seating is available for those prone to motion sickness and for children less than 40 inches tall; ask an attendant for directions.

Source (and I’ve seen it): https://touringplans.com/universal-studios-florida/attractions/despicable-me

We went with a 2.5 year old, 36 in tall. Dr. Seuss land was great. The Dino Discovery Center was good too. There's a play-area near Pteranadon Flyers, but I didn't feel comfortable letting her go on that ride because you sit single-file and I was worried she would be wiggly. She also enjoyed the spinning Xmen-themed ride. That was all IoA. We also rode the Harry Potter train. I think it is the IoA to US route that does not have dementors.

US- we did the Minion stationary seats (much shorter line than regular seats), ET ride (wasn't a fan of the dark), Kang Twirl and Whirl, and Fieval playground. About half of the Fieval area is dry, but there is also a water slide. There is a Curious George wet play area, but it was closed when we were there. She also enjoyed meeting Branch the Troll and saw the Transformer characters, but was reluctant to meet them. She really enjoyed watching the parade.

She rode the Woody Woodpecker coaster and Flight of the Hippogriff but wasn't really a fan...I think she just pretended to like them because her then-5 year old brother liked them.

We didn't enjoy rider swap at the Simpsons, just sitting on a bench waiting.

Overall, it was a good time, since she didn't need a ticket. However, now that she has turned 3, I won't take her back there until she is in the 40-42 inch range.

We took our 2yo earlier this year but she was just barely 34 inches. We rode ET first and she kept waving at all the aliens. Her favorite area was the ball room behind the Curious George water play area. I’m pretty sure she would have spent all day there of we’d have let her.

The Jurassic Park play area was also a big hit. We stopped off at the candy shop for a lollypop and were able to explore Diagon Alley with no complaints, even when the dragon went off.

There are a lot of character photo spots in Seuss Landing. Our kid was scared and tried to run away any time she saw a fur character. It defintely made for an interesting time getting around.

We went when our son was 4, and a short 4, and he had so much fun in all of the water play/splash areas. I decided we'd just let the kids play, get soaked, and brought a change of clothes. The curious George area in Universal is the largest for that, and they'll get soaked, but IoA has several spots, and he loved just standing in the splash zone at RIpsaw falls. . I think his favorite thing was that ball room, in Curious George, where they can shoot foam balls over and over.....kinda think Chuck E Cheese, as it's a bit noisy and chaotic, but they had great fun. Stayed in there a long time. Now, as parents, that means taking turns, like 1 person w the kid, while the other may be riding, etc. And Seussland is great fun. Most of the child swap areas are nice, some have movies playing, some don;t, but still a nice place to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter