going to universal from a disney resort

allgoodindixie

Earning My Ears
We will be staying a the Coronado Springs--- cant wait---- anyway, what is the best --- maybe not costing an arm and a leg- way to go to Universal Studios.?

;)

I have looked at Mears shuttles-- can this be right ???? $89 one way?????

I just want to spend my "arm and leg" on fun stuff like Mickey ears!!!!!

Oh, we have a family of 4!!!!

:p

You actually have several options. You could rent a car for the day (would cost about $30 with a decent rate, tax and gas) , take the Mears shuttle (I thought this was $12 per person, round trip), take a taxi (about $20 each way), take the bus (the cheapest but then you are stuck on the Orlando transportation schedule) or take a towncar service (about $60, I think).

We have done both the Mears shuttle and renting a car. Personally, I prefer to have my own car so that I can come and go on my own schedule. When we took Mears, we actually had to leave the parks before we wanted to since we were so scared that we would miss the last bus out and lose our money AND have to pay for a taxi. I would definitely look into seeing how much it costs to rent for the day. You don't say how you are getting to or from the airport, but these were just a couple of the options that you have

rental car service have you used and would you recommend.

We have booked transfers through our travel agent and have found out that they use Mears......I am looking a Happy Limo too.

But, the idea of $30 a day and your own schedule is very appealing.

Can you rent a car at the resort ???? or close to it???????
Thanks

You can rent a car from the car care center at WDW. Alamo and National are both at the CCC. They will come pick you up in a van to bring you to the CCC if you ask. Since you would have it for 24 hrs anyway you may be better off picking it up the night before or heading over early in the AM while the other parent gets the kiddies ready.

Have you thought about moving to a Universal hotel for the final part of your stay in the Orlando area. If you are guest of a Universal hotel you are granted FOTL (Front of the Line) access which is wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter