Going to Disney for my 19th birthday....

Britt711

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! So I had a quick question: My mom and I are heading to Disney's Magic Kingdom for my birthday, and we have NO idea where to eat to celebrate. We love the restaurants that other people have been recommending to us such as the California Grill and Kona Cafe, but we also know that these are a tad pricey:confused:. So what would you guys recommend as good places to eat, especially for a celebration such as a birthday?? Even with the prices, we might have to check out some of the more expensive places outside of the park. So much planning!:wizard:

If you still like Princesses (I'm almost 10 years older than you, and I still like them), I would recommend the character dining at Norway's Restaurant Akershus in Epcot for lunch or dinner.

Everything from the cold & warm food, your non-alcoholic drink and the photo package with a princess is INCLUDED in the per person price. It's SO worth it! Don't be afraid of the menu either. The four times we have been there were very memorable. The cold buffet with salads, chilled fruit and meats is filling, and the warm foods we ordered from the menu were tasty. The whole restaurant is in what looks like a medieval fortress. Some people like to point out that the waiters are all Norwegian; They are very friendly, and some of them are quite attractive.

Plus, I love that the characters don't seem to be in as much of a hurry as they are at Cinderella's Royal Table. The characters, especially the princesses and other face characters, chat with you and make a big deal out of your birthday, no matter how old you are! I hope you have a great birthday.

Thank you SO much for the suggestion PrincessMonkey:thumbsup2! That seriously sounds like my kind of birthday place :D. I would absolutely love to try out that restaurant. Unfortunately, since I'm using the free Disney birthday pass, I can only use it for one of the parks. My mom and I are going to Magic Kingdom so we won't be able to enter any of the other parks unless we pay for it =/. I've heard that the food in Magic Kingdom isn't the best, so I was trying to find a better restaurant in the surrounding hotels. That way we can take a short trip outside of MK and come right back in when we're done eating.

Thank you SO much for the suggestion PrincessMonkey:thumbsup2! That seriously sounds like my kind of birthday place :D. I would absolutely love to try out that restaurant. Unfortunately, since I'm using the free Disney birthday pass, I can only use it for one of the parks. My mom and I are going to Magic Kingdom so we won't be able to enter any of the other parks unless we pay for it =/. I've heard that the food in Magic Kingdom isn't the best, so I was trying to find a better restaurant in the surrounding hotels. That way we can take a short trip outside of MK and come right back in when we're done eating.

Inside MK, I'd suggest Tony's Town Square. Tell them it's your birthday, and they will treat you extra special! And, you can time it so you can watch Wishes right outside the door after dinner.

Or, if you want to take the monorail from MK to a loop hotel, you have many choices. I'd recommend Chef Mickey's at CR...very fun and not out of the way.

If you feel like traveling a little further, you can take the monorail from MK to CR, then get on the little boat to WL and do Whispering Canyon Cafe -- very reasonably priced, and a whole lot of fun. They will definitely make a big BIG deal out of your birthday! Afterward, you just take the little boat back to CR, and hop the monorail back to MK.

Happy Birthday, Kiddo!

The Wave is really good :thumbsup2

I Love Thumper said:
Inside MK, I'd suggest Tony's Town Square. Tell them it's your birthday, and they will treat you extra special! And, you can time it so you can watch Wishes right outside the door after dinner.

Or, if you want to take the monorail from MK to a loop hotel, you have many choices. I'd recommend Chef Mickey's at CR...very fun and not out of the way.

If you feel like traveling a little further, you can take the monorail from MK to CR, then get on the little boat to WL and do Whispering Canyon Cafe -- very reasonably priced, and a whole lot of fun. They will definitely make a big BIG deal out of your birthday! Afterward, you just take the little boat back to CR, and hop the monorail back to MK.

Happy Birthday, Kiddo!

Thank you :D! I've been getting a lot of recommendations for Chef Mickey's. I will definitely have to look more into that. Whispering Canyon Cafe looks pretty good:thumbsup2. If my mom and I end up not wanting to go too far, we will most likely check out Tony's Town Square as well. What we're mainly looking for too is places that offer good chicken, turkey, or seafood items. We try not to eat any beef or pork anymore. I can't even remember the last time we ate beef or pork =P. Thank you again for the suggestions!

ROEDISNEY said:
The Wave is really good:thumbsup2
YUM the Wave menu looks pretty tasty! Thank you as well for the suggestion. I appreciate the help everyone :D!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter