Going on a 3 park trip AKL 1BR SAV view or 1BR BWV pool/garden view

chlwodud85

Mouseketeer
Our family of 4 will be heading to DW later in September and was debating between AKL 1BR Savanah view or 1BR BWV (points are identical at 90pts for our stay)

Here are some background details

1. We have 1 day as a our resort day on the arrival day

2. We will be going to 3 parks (not Magic Kingdom)

3. Kids are 5 year and 10 month l

4. We will have a car

Please guide us~ which would you choose

TIA

I would pick AKL savanna view. It’s gorgeous, themed well, tons of activities, shuttle between resorts for two features pools, a splash pad and lots of great dining options, great gift shop and the ANIMALS! So exciting for a five year old.
If you prioritize having the car close by, a kids’ play area and an extra bathroom, pick Kidani. If you want a grand lobby, more activities and better quick service and pool, pick Jambo. I prefer Jambo, but my kids are older and out of car seats.

I agree with the above. My only caveat is that the location of BWV is far superior, even with a car. You don't need a car. You just walk to Epcot or HS or take a boat right outside BW. However, if those things don't appeal to you and you will drive no matter what, then I would go with AK.

BW also refurbished, but that extra bathroom at AK is lovely.

With a 5 year old I too would pick AKV, for the animals, but more specifically Kidani for parking under the building out of sun and rain and for the second full bathroom in the 1BR.

Having just been at AKL and Grand Floridian and having really enjoyed both, I would pick Boardwalk for the convenience as well as better beds. Stayed in a 1 bedroom at AKL. Stayed in a resort studio at Grand Flo.

Really missed the convenience and freedom of BW on our Epcot and DHS days, which we could have easily returned to the room and then back into the parks while at BW. Staying at the other resorts it was much more cumbersome and we had 2 cars, mine plus a rental.

Drove to AK on our park day there from GF, and then back fairly early. Didn't feel like returning although I love the park. The resort itself is wonderful. The rooms need the murphy for 3 or more.

I love AKL and will pick a value 1 bedroom whenever available (I love 1 bedrooms, but not the point use). But since two of your three parks are Epcot/HS, I would absolutely go with Boardwalk. Plus you get the recent remodel with Murphy bed vs pull out sofa.

So I'm a naysayer and was once and done with AKL. We had a really hard time with the transportation with a toddler that needed to nap (and was a terrible sleeper). I found that AKL was just too far away. We loved the convenience of BWV and the close proximity to two parks. Easier for naptime. Since you have a car, you may not have the same issues we did.

My kids liked animals but not so much that they loved AKL. Now, we almost exclusively stay at BWV... but every family is different.

The 1bd at AKL is probably bigger and nicer, since it has an extra full bathroom.

Note we also disliked the lack of food options at AKL. Since you have a car, that may not matter.

We prefer BWV without question. The theming (understandably) is VERY dark and gloomy IMO in the rooms at AKL. BWV is bright and airy. Boma is outstanding breakfast though.

with a 5 year old they may absolutely love the Savannah view.

I could argue both ways for your children's ages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter