Going next week, can I get some opinions on my itinerary? Do I need Genie+?

01Sweetpea

DIS Veteran
The countdown is ON…our flight leaves this FRIDAY!!! We (me mom & 3 20something yos) are heading to FL for 5 days.

We are staying at SoG and plan on going to Disney Monday 12/6 & Tuesday 12/7, and We’ll be coming from UniversaL. We have NO ADRs, and plan on just winging it for meals.

12/6 check into SoG, drop off car, head to HS (as of today, no more park reservations available) and hope to be there before 8:30, and then hop to Epcot (extra evening hours)
At 6:30am - buy Genie+ for all 4
7:00am - I buy $ILL for RoTR & son gets LL for SDD (hoping to get both these done before 3pm)
Other rides we’d like to do at HS:
MMRR
Smugglers Run
RnR
ToT
Star Tours

Take the Skyliner to Epcot
Not sure if we’re going to try to get Remy, still trying to figure out WHEN I should do that? Can I try and get the VQ after I buy $ILL for RoTR and it will automatically give me a time for after 2pm? Or do I have to wait until after 2pm to try and get in the VQ? Or am I out of luck waiting that long and will have to get a $ILL?
Things we want to do:
Soarin
TT
Spaceship earth
walk around the counties
fireworks

12/7 MK for early morning then maybe hop to AK. Not sure if we’re going to get Genie+ for this day. We are NOT going to MVMCP in the evening.
Things we want to do:
Space Mountain
Buzz
7DMT
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
BTMRR
Peter Pan
Pirates

IF we hop to AK, (park closes at 7pm), we’d like to try and do:
FOP
Everest
Lion King show

IF I’m not completely exhausted by this point, we may head to DS for some food and shopping.

Thoughts if I need to change/add/reconsider anything?

Thank you,

We are leaving a few days before you so our countdown has also started. We've been going for years and the only opinion I can give is remember it takes a lot more time to do everything than what it looks like on a piece of paper. I would pick a couple musts for each park and do them first. For example, SDMT would be the first thing I would do at MK. We love the ride but man does it get backed up early, unless it isn't a priority for your group. Mobile dining will save you much needed time. I would be a little familar with food choices so that you can order a quick meal. Relax and don't worry about seeing everything just enjoy what you are able to see. We love Universal....the Grinch is the best character in Orlando!!!

A couple of recommendations

1. Don't take Skyliner from HS to EPCOT, unless you really want to ride it. That trip is not direct - you will have to transfer at Riviera (I think) and it takes about 45 minutes. The Friendship boat is faster.

2. If you get to HS for early Entry, you should be able to rope drop some of those. MFSR or MMRR would be a good choice. Or, if you don't get SDD at 7, rope drop it and make MFSR your first LL. You could probably get RnR or TOT with your 11am Genie selection.

3. Remy - I think you need an EPCOT reservation for the 7am BG drop. And you need to be in the park for the 1pm drop. You might consider buying an ILL so that you can pick a later time.

4. I'd buy a FOP ILL for the second day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter